Parents to sign contract to stop street racers: Thailand

webfact

TRAFFIC
Parents to sign contract to stop street racers

BANGKOK: -- Police will invite parents of street racers arrested over the last three years to sign an MOU in a bid to stop them from racing on public roads again.

Deputy Metropolitan police commissioner Pol Maj Gen Adul Narongsak said that the police is making a list of the names of those illegal racers and ask their parents to sign an MOU promising that they will not let their kids race on the streets again. If they fail to obey, the parents will also be charged.

He said that since the police have insufficient traffic officers to cover every area in Bangkok, everyone should be involved in solving the problems.

"In the past we had only 10 traffic officers dealing with more than 100 street racers, 200 in some places. Charging the parents of those street racers might help in reducing the problems," Pol Maj Gen Adul Narongsak said.

The police are also monitoring motorcycle shops and asking them not to sell accessories to street racers.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/Parents-to-sign-contract-to-stop-street-racers-30241881.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-08-27

If they fail to obey, the parents will also be charged.

A kid runs away at night or doesn't return from school and the parents will be charged.

Sometime I just feel a Deputy Police Commissioner can come up with those kind of idea's says a lot.

simple, turn the offending vehicle(bike or car) into a square box of crushed metal, once they start losing their transport they will stop racing or if it is not their bike/car, seize theirs and do that one. Slapping them on the wrist or getting moa's with mummy and daddy are bullsh*t, they have to be serious if they want to stop it. Jail time as well should be mandatory.

• Like 2

With the exception of some morons of 'fathers' who are even proud of their sons misbehaving like that, it has from 'day one' been a problem of lack of parental authority and of social control. This is not specific to Thailand, it is to be found in all so-called 'modern' materialistic (thank you very much for that, US of A!) societies, but the 'response' here is too 'hesitant' to say the least. As most of these young boys are still under the care and responsibility of their parents, let the RTP fine the boys for each and every article in the book, and have the bailiff deliver the big bill to the parents, and in case of no immediate payment seize whatever is around, you would see the number of racers go down by the day. And, the psychological 'coup de grace' for such nutters' 'face': at once, on the spot, take the boys' precious bikes away, and have those destroyed every week/month by having a steam-roller make those as flat as pancakes, while filming it on video, and posting it on facebook, twitter, line, etc.

• Like 1

The police are on the right track, get the parents involved. However I have an idea, how about dad takes junior out back, kicks his butt up around his shoulders and tells him that if he finds out he is racing the police will be the least of his worries.

• Like 2

And what is so hard in confiscating the cars or the bikes...

I think the Police have enough trouble doing the basics.. like fining people who dont use blinkers...

The BiB will do all and anything to get others to do their job for them. Enforce the law? Nah, let the moms do it.

Parents give their children cars to shut them up.

Making a parent responsible does not work with new age kids.

Confiscate the car for a while and mandatory drivingschool for a year.

What, are you on the right thread? This is about street racing motorcyclists.

• Like 2

Why not give these kids a place to legally race on the weekends. Supervised by some adults so that safety gear is worn and a breath test to ensure drivers are not DUI. It has the potential to be able to teach the kids about many things.

When in high school, many of us would go to a long straight rd on Fri and Sat nights and race. Eventually, the county let us use the airport on Fri nights. A win/win for all of us. Parents, police, and many others had a good night racing and afterwards we all got drunk, not legally though.

8th post and already it's America's fault...

Like with many other things, alas... But this is IMO, and it's your good right to have a different one. My, very wise, late (European) grand'mother was saying: 'Considering it were not the best of ours who went there, how could we have expected back anything good', and I could go step by step with you, liberalism, WW 1 and 2, Marshall plan, so many, deeply, wrong things, America's fault, to show you how right she was. An example, she worked in a hospital in Le Havre (Fr.) in 1917, where many patients were 'treated' for the 'Spanish flue', which killed MILLIONS, more than the war itself, she saw many, many people die from what she considered an injustice, as treatments could have been developped when the strain would have been 'correctly' identified (but no, it would have been bad for the image of the 'liberators'!), and was her life long, quite heavily, criticised, and pushed aside, for keeping telling that flue had nothing to do with Spain, but was imported from the USA, what always remained, very vividly, officially denied, about 80years long, till some 15-20years ago, when, in small caps, and mostly in medical publications it was made official, at last, that the deadly flue strain, was indeed 'imported from America'... My grand'mother died years before being proven right. Just a side view of the American way of manipulation and hiding of the truth in selfishly protecting its interests... Even at the cost of millions of innocent lifes...

With the exception of some morons of 'fathers' who are even proud of their sons misbehaving like that, it has from 'day one' been a problem of lack of parental authority and of social control. This is not specific to Thailand, it is to be found in all so-called 'modern' materialistic (thank you very much for that, US of A!) societies, but the 'response' here is too 'hesitant' to say the least. As most of these young boys are still under the care and responsibility of their parents, let the RTP fine the boys for each and every article in the book, and have the bailiff deliver the big bill to the parents, and in case of no immediate payment seize whatever is around, you would see the number of racers go down by the day. And, the psychological 'coup de grace' for such nutters' 'face': at once, on the spot, take the boys' precious bikes away, and have those destroyed every week/month by having a steam-roller make those as flat as pancakes, while filming it on video, and posting it on facebook, twitter, line, etc.

What are u talking about.

By that measure, orphans should be utterly beyond control. If the police rounded up the wrong doers and threw them in the clink, parents wouldn't need to do anything.

It is an extremely effectove sanction to say to kids. "I am telling you not to do this or that. If you do, you can get arrested."

Parents can discipline kids, but when it comes to law breaking, the legal system must have teeth in order to be respected.

8th post and already it's America's fault...

but was imported from the USA, what always remained, very vividly, officially denied, about 80years long, till some 15-20years ago, when, in small caps, and mostly in medical publications it was made official, at last, that the deadly flue strain, was indeed 'imported from America'... My grand'mother died years before being proven right. Just a side view of the American way of manipulation and hiding of the truth in selfishly protecting its interests... Even at the cost of millions of innocent lifes...

Please quote the sources "small caps and mostly in medical publications" for your assertions.

The police are on the right track, get the parents involved. However I have an idea, how about dad takes junior out back, kicks his butt up around his shoulders and tells him that if he finds out he is racing the police will be the least of his worries.

I think that there is a mid point where all this works. If your kid is caught racing you lose the car and it is stripped and sold for parts. That way kids and parents cannot buy the car back but will be responsible to the banks that loan the money to repay it immediately.

i say ''cut off their hands'' these little freaks use a car as a weapon,which is more dangerous than a gun,i had a freind back home who lost his daughter to a street racer who lost control and slammed into a bus stop....of course ,the little mutt was uninjured...