Timber in Thailand

I have tried to find timber / natural wood boards in Thailand, but the search was difficult.

Everything seems to be plywood, and even when they build custom shelves, they usually build hollow shelf boards, i.e. an skeleton of cheap wood with a thin layer of natural wood around.

I understand that timber would probably be significantly more expensive, yet I do also know that it can be ordered internationally in big quantities for cheap.

So... Why is timber difficult to find in Thailand?

How are furniture factories supplied?

What are the wood/timber economics on the Thai market?

If you told us where you were posting from it may help.

Here in Bkk I pass lumber yards/stores all over the place, being able to read Thai helps.

Have you tried "wood street" in Bkk, sorry cant remember the exact name, its out near Chatucak market, hopefully someone will know the exact name and location, all Bkk people know where I mean.

As for the economics of it, no idea.

If you told us where you were posting from it may help.

Here in Bkk I pass lumber yards/stores all over the place, being able to read Thai helps.

Have you tried "wood street" in Bkk, sorry cant remember the exact name, its out near Chatucak market, hopefully someone will know the exact name and location, all Bkk people know where I mean.

As for the economics of it, no idea.

Well, I have been looking for timber around Pattaya, but couldn't find any.

Maybe it's different in BKK - are you sure it really was timber and not plywood or glued wood layers?

Hi I had the same trouble so I started to build what I needed for my self I have had no trouble getting the wood I need as I live in a small village near Surin Though it seems that the army is doing a lot of work looking for people cutting down procted timber which I think is great I am now planting endangered timber trees on our land & have given 100 trees to our local temple to grow Kindness Chook

• Like 1