Settlement Visa

GU22 once again adds a provocative remark to the bottom of one of his threads , aimed at me , and then when i respond he accuses me of taking the thread off course. Stop the snide remarks , and then it won't go off course.

To burbonizer , if only the world was as GU22 paints it . He should add to his stock reply he gives everyone that "as long as the documents satisfy the ECO .. and her answers are consistant ...then the visa will be issued " .. he should add ...AS LONG AS THE ECO IS IN A GOOD MOOD. And again he says don't worry if she is unfortunately refused because ..."there are procedures in place to redress that if neccessary" .. making it sound so cosy.

Actually it involves waiting months and months for an appeal at great cost , inconvenience and heartache for the applicant. Not quite so cosy when its put more realistically is it ?

I am not one of those timid people who just takes GU22's remarks without responding to the provocation. If he doesn't want the thread going off topic then stop the provocation. Burbonizer, GU22 is a parrot for the official line from the Embassy . I say it how it is in the real world. Thousands of people are refused every year , it is not the doddle that it is made to appear .

GU22 once again adds a provocative remark to the bottom of one of his threads , aimed at me , and then when i respond he accuses me of taking the thread off course. Stop the snide remarks , and then it won't go off course.
What I said was "If you want to discuss your perceived injustices in the system, I suggest posting in your thread on that subject........." I am more than willing to respond to anything new you may have to say in that thread.
He should add to his stock reply he gives everyone that "as long as the documents satisfy the ECO .. and her answers are consistant ...then the visa will be issued " .. he should add ...AS LONG AS THE ECO IS IN A GOOD MOOD.
Wrong, again. The mood of the ECO should have no bearing on the outcome of the application. Any ECO who allowed it too would not be an ECO for very long. Even if it did, there are systems in place to redress this.
And again he says don't worry if she is unfortunately refused because ..."there are procedures in place to redress that if neccessary" .. making it sound so cosy.

Actually it involves waiting months and months for an appeal at great cost , inconvenience and heartache for the applicant. Not quite so cosy when its put more realistically is it ?

I have never said being refused and going through an appeal is cosy. I did say "even if you have to go through the heartbreak of refusal and separation whilst waiting for the appeal" Once again, your inability to read all the posts in a thread has let you down.
GU22 is a parrot for the official line from the Embassy . I say it how it is in the real world. Thousands of people are refused every year , it is not the doddle that it is made to appear .
I am nobodies parrot. I simply disagree with you. Unlike you, though, I am able to provide facts to back up my opinions. Something you have never done.

Entry clearance - facts and figures clearly show that well over 90% of visa applications in Bangkok (and most other posts) are successful.

Atlastaname, I do live in the real world. I have been through the process and now attempt to offer advice and encouragement to those that follow. Burbonizer has already said how stressful and worrying he is finding this, as he has heard so many horror stories (not his exact words, I know). For some reason, you want to cause even more concern by painting a picture that getting a UK visa is virtually impossible, unless you are lucky enough to catch the ECO in a good mood.

That is complete and utter ballocks, the figures prove it and you know it.

I wonder what your real motives are. You certainly show no inclination to actually try and help anyone.

We are all here to offer advice , i just prefer mine to be reflective of what happens in the real world. I appreciate that burbonizer , and all the others who frequenbtly ask for advise here, are worried and concerned. I don't see how it helps them to be told "don't worry you will be fine , and if it all goes pear shaped , well theres procedures in place to rectify it .." , if they are not fully aware of what those "procedures" entail. I am simply saying if they are refused then its a long long road to get justice done , not a cosy doddle. It will take many months or longer if it has to go to appeal and it can be very costly depending on if they chose to be represented at appeal. This is all completely factual .

Of course most applications are granted , no doubting that , but there are thousands every year refused , and many are genuine and have to go to appeal to get justice done. So although burbonizer will likely as not be fine , he should be aware of the consequences of refusal in more detail and thus it will make him more determined to get it right in the first place.

I have today received a PM from someone who posted here a while ago whose application for him and his b/f for a civil partnership visa was refused (not an easy thing for the ECO to do as its one of the easiest visas to get). The grounds for refusal were trivial to say the least and they have now been forced apart for 5 weeks and counting . They have had to re-apply.

Thats the reality

sorry forgot to add,

i have never said getting a visa is impossible unless you catch the ECO in a good mood.Over 90% get their visas so clearly thats not the case. GU 22 has made that up to suit his arguement. However getting them in a good mood is a contributary factor and it shouldn't be . How many posts have we had in the past complaining of their behaviour ? loads ..

We are all here to offer advice , i just prefer mine to be reflective of what happens in the real world. I appreciate that burbonizer , and all the others who frequenbtly ask for advise here, are worried and concerned. I don't see how it helps them to be told "don't worry you will be fine , and if it all goes pear shaped , well theres procedures in place to rectify it .." , if they are not fully aware of what those "procedures" entail. I am simply saying if they are refused then its a long long road to get justice done , not a cosy doddle. It will take many months or longer if it has to go to appeal and it can be very costly depending on if they chose to be represented at appeal. This is all completely factual .

Of course most applications are granted , no doubting that , but there are thousands every year refused , and many are genuine and have to go to appeal to get justice done. So although burbonizer will likely as not be fine , he should be aware of the consequences of refusal in more detail and thus it will make him more determined to get it right in the first place.

I have today received a PM from someone who posted here a while ago whose application for him and his b/f for a civil partnership visa was refused (not an easy thing for the ECO to do as its one of the easiest visas to get). The grounds for refusal were trivial to say the least and they have now been forced apart for 5 weeks and counting . They have had to re-apply.

Thats the reality

You say "make him more determined to get it right in the first place". How much more determined can you think i can be.

I have been all through the proceedures and collated all the paperwork needed. What more can i do?

I am just at the point of stress. I appreciate the fact that the ECO could be in a bad mood. But i don't want to think about that. I just hope that they look through the documents that i produce and appreciate how much i want her here so i can takecare of her. I have stated that we are not married, and the fact that we will get married once she is over here. I just hope that they accept that.

I am simply saying if they are refused then its a long long road to get justice done , not a cosy doddle. It will take many months or longer if it has to go to appeal and it can be very costly depending on if they chose to be represented at appeal. This is all completely factual .
And no one disputes that fact. But you also make outrageous claims regarding the objectivity and professionalism of the ECOs. Where are the facts to back up those claims?
Of course most applications are granted , no doubting that , but there are thousands every year refused
In the latest figures for 2004/5 the total number of applications worldwide was 2,544,352. so even with an acceptance rate of 99.9% the refusals would run into thousands!

Most refusals, based on what is posted on this and other forums, are the fault of the applicant or sponsor, a poorly prepared application, or the applicant simply didn't qualify for the visa applied for; not because the ECO was in a bad mood.

I assume the PM was from the same person who PM'd me today. But I am not prepared to discuss PM's on the public forum.

sorry forgot to add,

i have never said getting a visa is impossible unless you catch the ECO in a good mood.Over 90% get their visas so clearly thats not the case. GU 22 has made that up to suit his arguement.

Posted by you today
He should add to his stock reply he gives everyone that "as long as the documents satisfy the ECO .. and her answers are consistant ...then the visa will be issued " .. he should add ...AS LONG AS THE ECO IS IN A GOOD MOOD.
Even if you can't be bothered to read all of other people's posts, at least try to read your own.

Burbonizer, try not to be disheartened by atlastaname's negativity. He has peddled this same line for some time now, under this identity and others, for his own reasons, whatever they may be.

Edited by GU22

Burbonizer, i can only say that if you have covered everything then most likely you will be fine. Of course if my tick-box system was in place you would have nothing to fear .. but i can't talk about that here otherwise i will be accused of taking the thread off course.

Don't stress about it , you can do no more.

Burbonizer, i can only say that if you have covered everything then most likely you will be fine. Of course if my tick-box system was in place you would have nothing to fear .. but i can't talk about that here otherwise i will be accused of taking the thread off course.

Don't stress about it , you can do no more.

Thanks for that response.

Now you two calm down. No need to get agro. You are here to help and you both have goods points.

Now you two calm down. No need to get agro. You are here to help and you both have goods points.

Well Done Burbonizer, well said.

I thought we had our own thread where we could discuss amicably our own points of view or throw rocks, however we felt at the time.

I have said it before, people want help generally on this forum and their are a lot of people who can contribute, why does it have to go off topic and ruin the discourse for the OP.

On a previous post Burbonizer, we do know how you feel we have all been there and it is hard, the waiting and separation, but believe me, it does help to cement the relationship, you put so much into surviving this apprehensive time, it can be viewed as character building.

It also means that you are able to get over adversity in this early part of the relationship, so whatever comes later is really a doddle.

I have quoted Bonnie Prince Charlie before, 'if you don't succeed at first, try,try again', I really hope you don't need to and you sail thru first time but don't ever, ever give up.

Good Luck

Moss

I have now received several complaints by PM about some posters who hijack every thread with "their tired, old arguments".

I tend to agree. Those who want to discuss either the professionalism of the ECOs or whether the system should be changed, can do so on atlastaname's thread which can then be read by those who might be interested:-

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=77631

Any such discussion in any other thread will be either deleted, or the thread closed, unless, of course, the post is germaine to the topic.

Members who just want some immigration advice are fed up to the back teeth of having the threads they start hijacked.

Scouse.

I apologise for allowing myself to be drawn into repeating, yet again, the same arguments. I will endeavour in future to follow my own advice, posted earlier in this thread

If you want to discuss your perceived injustices in the system, I suggest posting in your thread on that subject so that this one doesn't wander even further away from, it's original point.

I apologise for allowing myself to be drawn into repeating, yet again, the same arguments. I will endeavour in future to follow my own advice, posted earlier in this thread
If you want to discuss your perceived injustices in the system, I suggest posting in your thread on that subject so that this one doesn't wander even further away from, it's original point.

I am too very sorry for this thread going off topic.

Please do not delete it as i believe there are some goods points in here.

Burbonizer

I am not going to apologise for responding to provocation.

However i believe all the points have been made and i want to thank burbonizer for being level headed enough to see both sides of the coin. Hopefully others can too.

:o

Ok,

Do you guys think that it would be a problem that i have only been to Thailand once before and this would be the second time that i have seen her?

We have met the 6 month "trial" period. I am just worried that they will see this as a down point.

If anyone was in my shoes and wanted their G/F (fiancee) over her ASAP. Would you apply so quickly?

Burbonizer

There is no fixed minimum time limit on the length of a relationship before the ECO will accept that it is genuine, but you do have to be realistic. Applying when you've only known each other a couple of weeks isn't going to work.

Supply as much evidence of contact as you can. Phone bills, e-mails (just the headers, you don't need the actual contents), letters and photos from your previous visit.

I met my wife in April 2000, we married in September 2000 and her settlement visa was issued in November 2000. I was not, unfortumately, with her in Thailand for all of that time, and we supplied contact evidence to show that while I was in the UK we spoke on the phone every day and e-mailed frequently.

Edited by GU22

There is no fixed minimum time limit on the length of a relationship before the ECO will accept that it is genuine, but you do have to be realistic. Applying when you've only known each other a couple of weeks isn't going to work.

Supply as much evidence of contact as you can. Phone bills, e-mails (just the headers, you don't need the actual contents), letters and photos from your previous visit.

I met my wife in April 2000, we married in September 2000 and her settlement visa was issued in November 2000. I was not, unfortumately, with her in Thailand for all of that time, and we supplied contact evidence to show that while I was in the UK we spoke on the phone every day and e-mailed frequently.

How do you print off just headers? It would be great if i could do that as i have tons of emails. I have looked but i have no clue. I use Outlook 2003.

Any Ideas?

Burbonizer

How do you print off just headers? It would be great if i could do that as i have tons of emails. I have looked but i have no clue. I use Outlook 2003.

Any Ideas?

Burbonizer

I'm sorry, I haven't a clue! I got someone who knows far more than I to do it for me.

Hopefully a technophile will be able to answer you.

Any Ideas?

Burbonizer

I'm sorry, I haven't a clue! I got someone who knows far more than I to do it for me.

Hopefully a technophile will be able to answer you.

Thanks, Unfortunatly i am a technophile but i have no clue.

Thanks, Unfortunatly i am a technophile but i have no clue.

Hi burbonizer,

Unfortunately my technical skills are legendary :o

But maybe Scouse could transfer this post to Forum support or Linex, you might possibly get a better response from there.

Good Luck with the application

Moss

Or you could start another thread there instead, that might be less bother,