Bangkok Hospital group buys Phuket International for B3.61bn

webfact

Bangkok Hospital group buys Phuket International for B3.61bn
The Phuket News

1409206039_1-org.jpg
Phuket International Hospital. Photo Google Street View

PHUKET: -- Bangkok Dusit Medical Services PLC (BDMS), better known as the Bangkok Hospital Group, has bought the Phuket International Hospital (PIH) for B3.61 billion.

The news was published by the Stock Exchange of Thailand (SET) on its website yesterday evening (August 27).

In a letter attached to the announcement, the company wrote, “Bangkok Dusit Medical Services PLC (BDMS) would like to announce the result of the board management meeting on August 27 at which we approved setting up a branch under the name ‘Bangkok Phuket International Hospital’ to expand our medical businesses in Phuket.”

The deal sees BDMS take over 99.99 per cent of the partnership that owned PIH.

“BDMS will also take responsibility for debt of Phuket International Hospital, which is not more than B416 million,” the latter said. “the transfer of ownership is expected to be finished by the end of 2014.”

PIH was registered as a 151-bed hospital on June 22, 1990, with capital of B195 million under the name ‘Siriroj Hospital’. It has since been expanded to 281 beds.

“The propose of taking over the [international] hospital is to improve our efficiency in serving Thais and foreigners in southern region of Thailand; to improve the logistics of transferring patients from one hospital in the group to another; and to support medical tourism in Phuket.”

Bangkok Hospital Phuket’s PR officer confirmed the news this morning but could give no details.

“The board [in Bangkok] are now in discussions and we will call a media conference as soon as we can reveal details,” she told The Phuket News.

PIH Marketing Manager Piyarat Kulvanit also confirmed the buyout.

However, she said, “Our management team is still managing the hospital as usual.”

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/bangkok-hospital-group-buys-phuket-international-for-b3-61bn-48081.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2014-08-28

I guess one night in Bangkok (hospital) will get even more expensive.

Someone has to pay for it.

The other way around. PIH prices will equal BHP prices, which for some services means a doubling of the prices. Smart move for BHP.

A real shame as Bangkok hospital is a poorly run hospital, from my experience and is really aims to over charge clients while skimping on qualified personnel.

WOW! We finally agree on something! Bangkok Hospital has the worst dermatologist I've ever encountered. Had an attitude and wanted to charge ridiculous fees! I never went back. Now the Hospital I liked has been taken over by them. Great! I better go check out Mission Hospital next time I'm in need of any specialty care.

<snip>

Great! I better go check out Mission Hospital next time I'm in need of any specialty care.

Best of luck with the Mission. Gave it a shot for an annual medical check a couple of years ago. Was overrun with people waiting in the reception (bit like the Vichara) and no staff were interested in even dealing with my questions. Never been back.

<snip>

Great! I better go check out Mission Hospital next time I'm in need of any specialty care.

Best of luck with the Mission. Gave it a shot for an annual medical check a couple of years ago. Was overrun with people waiting in the reception (bit like the Vichara) and no staff were interested in even dealing with my questions. Never been back.

Great! So the new medical monopoly has taken over. They've learnt well from the USA! Unfortunately...

<snip>

Great! So the new medical monopoly has taken over. They've learnt well from the USA! Unfortunately...

I use Mission, have done for years as I have to go for monthly check with blood test. Yes they do get busy but once you know the system it is fine i.e. get there early, have your blood pressure checked, then go eat some cheap food in their restaurant while waiting your turn.

<snip>

I use Mission, have done for years as I have to go for monthly check with blood test. Yes they do get busy but once you know the system it is fine i.e. get there early, have your blood pressure checked, then go eat some cheap food in their restaurant while waiting your turn.

Correct and they have the most caring warmhearted nurses here. I do my regular blood checks and doctor visits around 1 pm. No people at this time of the day. Outpatient=Mission H. Inpatient= Bangkok H.....my choice.

A real shame as Bangkok hospital is a poorly run hospital, from my experience and is really aims to over charge clients while skimping on qualified personnel.

I once asked why the nurses didn't speak English, bit necessary when trying to get information on a serious medical procedure, and was haughtily told 'We THAI! We speak THAI!' by some trumped up little fart of a doctor. 'You International Hospital! With international PRICES!' A**hole! I'll never go back there, it's a mill.

I once asked why the nurses didn't speak English, bit necessary when trying to get information on a serious medical procedure, and was haughtily told 'We THAI! We speak THAI!' by some trumped up little fart of a doctor. 'You International Hospital! With international PRICES!' A**hole! I'll never go back there, it's a mill.

Oh well, at least he told you that in english… whistling.gif

Oh well, at least he told you that in english… whistling.gif

If you'd care to read my post again, you will see I stated 'the NURSES', - sarcasm emoticon.

Phuket International was reasonably priced for international hospital.

That is bad news for Phuket resident and for Insurances indeed.

Went once to BKK Hospital Phuket for full blood check, got a bill around 7000 THB; told them my insurance was paying.

They took me to a different cashier, made me sign a 21k THB bill and sent it to the insurance.....w00t.gif

Bunch of crooks....