Malaysia jails six over 'nude games'

webfact

Malaysia jails six over 'nude games'

KUALA LUMPUR - A Malaysian court sent six men to jail for a month on Thursday and will try four other people over a nudist gathering that triggered outrage in the Muslim-majority country, a defence lawyer said.

The six men -- five Malaysians and a Singaporean -- were jailed after pleading guilty to charges of public obscenity, said lawyer S. Thangaveloo, who represents Singaporean defendant Loh Kok Hong.

"They were all sentenced to one month jail and fined 5,000 ringgit ($1,589)," Thangaveloo said.

The four other people -- all Malaysian, and including three women -- who are contesting the charges were freed on bail by the court in the northern state of Penang, police said.

"We are still hunting for five more individuals, one each from Singapore, the Philippines, Malaysia and two Myanmar nationals," said Mohamad Jalaluddin, the investigating police officer in the case.

The defendants were arrested for staging what they called the "Nude Sports Games 2014" on May 30.

The event’s existence surfaced when a video by the organisers appeared on social media in early August and went viral.

It shows participants engaged in a range of activities on a secluded Penang beach, including dancing, body painting, and relay races, all in the nude.

In one scene, a nude woman rides horseback on a man, while in another, a naked woman crawls over three nude men lying next to each other in the sand.

The gathering has been condemned by Muslim conservatives but also many non-Muslims, and triggered heated online exchanges between critics and supporters of the nudists.
AFP

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/Malaysia-jails-six-over-nude-games-30241974.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-08-28

Muslin Countries I will avoid at all costs, especially as there is a loud speaker outside my place with prayer at 4am - 5am and in the even also.

Can any of the muslin members explain to me why I have to listen to this day in and day out in Bangkok (its a bit extreme).

Can you lower the volume please? tongue.png

• Like 1

"Muslim conservatives" get a life, nobody was there to see it just some people having fun in private... although in public place... no one died. It happening all over the world as we speak are you going to complain about that .....

Muslin Countries I will avoid at all costs, especially as there is a loud speaker outside my place with prayer at 4am - 5am and in the even also.

Can any of the muslin members explain to me why I have to listen to this day in and day out in Bangkok (its a bit extreme).

I moved into a house right next door to a church. Can anyone explain to me why I have to listen to church bells every Sunday morning when civilised people like to have a sleep in?

Actually, dont explain...I chose to move.

cut the speaker wires

I moved into a house right next door to a church. Can anyone explain to me why I have to listen to church bells every Sunday morning when civilised people like to have a sleep in?

Church bell an invitation to a Eucharist, mostly 1 time a week when everybody normally is awake

moskee 3 ? times a day putting koran texts in peoples head, at 4 am when everyone normally is asleep .. sounds like brainwashing

they already brain-washed for following the evil cult

You just have to laugh sometimes at how easily they are offended.

London, July 30 (ANI): Malaysian politicians have said that the Scottie dogs that were used to lead out athletes in the Commonwealth Games opening ceremony in Glasgow were ‘disrespectful’ to Muslims.

http://truthdive.com/2014/07/30/Malaysian-politicians-say-Scottie-dogs-in-CWG-opening-ceremony-disrespectful-to-Muslims.html

• Like 1

Very insecure men, overreacting to something that sounds quite innocent. The one thing I do not understand about so called religious people is the level of insecurity that drives them to force their beliefs on others. I believe it comes from having no connection to Divinity. I believe it comes from not practicing religion, but rather simply jawboning about religion, which is the opposite of practice, in my opinion. I would bet if you were to study the lives of these cretons who bitch and moan about people breaking their religious laws, you would find that very few of them spend time in prayer, mediation, and contemplation. And I am not talking about bowing down five times a day to pray. That is barely prayer. I am talking about the effort to establish a personal relationship with their creator. That requires alot more than carrying around a prayer rug, and bowing five times a day. It requires personal effort. It requires tolerance, and faith, and loving others, not spreading hate and intolerance. Not passing laws banning nudity. Not living a life without joy. All that is, is the opposite of faith. Show me, do not tell me. Let me witness the wonders of your faith, from the personal example you set for me. Your words mean nothing, as they have no spiritual wisdom to back them up.

• Like 2

Predictably this article immediately triggers idiotic anti-Muslim and anti-Malaysia comments by people who do not seem to realize that when it comes to narrow minded bigotry about anything that touches sex, other countries - with the United States at their head - are also doing incredibly well, thank you.

The problem is narrow-mindedness.

The problem is that sex is demonized.

The problem is that nudity is considered obscene.

The problem is that bigots everywhere want to control the minds, beliefs and desires of their fellow human beings.

People who think these attitudes are strictly Muslim are either blind or they have a brain the size of a chick pea.

By the way, in Ancient Greece where the Olympic Games were invented, the athletes were in the nude.

The only thing more predictable than the anti-Muslim, anti-Malaysian comments is someone bringing the USA into the discussion even though it has absolutely nothing to do with the US.

Sorry to disagree, but the bigotry of religious zealots has everything to do with the US, and I will keep making the comparison everytime I hear people thrashing Muslims on the ground of their supposed universal intolerance.

By the way, what I wrote exactly was : 'other countries, with the US at their head' but being American (I guess) you misread, misinterpreted and misquoted. Who cares about being precise.

• Like 2

Predictably this article immediately triggers idiotic anti-Muslim and anti-Malaysia comments by people who do not seem to realize that when it comes to narrow minded bigotry about anything that touches sex, other countries - with the United States at their head - are also doing incredibly well, thank you.

The problem is that bigots everywhere want to control the minds, beliefs and desires of their fellow human beings.

People who think these attitudes are strictly Muslim are either blind or they have a brain the size of a chick pea.

By the way, in Ancient Greece where the Olympic Games were invented, the athletes were in the nude.

The only thing more predictable than the anti-Muslim, anti-Malaysian comments is someone bringing the USA into the discussion even though it has absolutely nothing to do with the US.

Credo...you are right. The USA provides billions of dollars in aid to many, many nations, puts their citizens in harms way for many of them, and are they grateful? Hell, No! They spit on the USA every chance they get!

Great statement about religion, by Matthew McConaughey's character in True Detective, which is an amazing show. He was specifically referring to preachers, but the message is similar :

Transference of fear and self loathing to an authoritarian vessel is catharsis. He absorbs their dread with his narrative. Because of this, he is effective in proportion to the amount of certainty he can project. Certain linguistic anthropologists think that religion is a language virus, that rewrites pathways in the brain, and dulls critical thinking.

I'm not BESIDE the Mosque, Its the Mosque LOUD SPEAKER that is near me.

It can not be compared to the Church Bells once a week!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5aMcuMUh1c listen to this and turn up the volume!!!

Edited by Killian30

Credo...you are right. The USA provides billions of dollars in aid to many, many nations, puts their citizens in harms way for many of them, and are they grateful? Hell, No! They spit on the USA every chance they get!

If you actually believe in this good Samaritan image that you project of the USA, you have a serious delusional problem, Mister.

Looks like you are living in a Hollywood movie sponsored by Georges W. Bush, not in the real world, because in the real world, the USA does not provide billions of dollars to other nations, it takes them. In the real world, the USA does not put people out of harm's way but right in it.

In the real world, I guess you don't exist.

• Like 2

In Bangkok? blink.png I'v learn something!

this is the nonsense that comes from the influence of religion - the world will be a better place when we all realise there is just one life and this is it - nothing before and nothing afterwards. It is only religion that has taught us that there is something wrong with the human body.

So nudity now = obscenity, an interesting development.

Is Malaysia moving towards a Saudi type system where you're beaten by men with sticks for accidentally being obscene by showing your ankles ?

cant play adult nude games, as the find it disgusting, yet there prophet married a 6 year old girl and that was ok, how weird religion is

"Muslim conservatives" get a life, nobody was there to see it just some people having fun in private... although in public place... no one died. It happening all over the world as we speak are you going to complain about that .....

If I had been the defense lawyer I think I may have asked the prosecution to prove where the event took place. Was it in Malaysia? Who cares what the claim on the videos says.