Travel Vaccinations in Phuket

CFC

What do you need in the way of vaccines? I'm sure Bangkok Phuket Hospital whom just bought Phuket International will take care of it for a handsome fee. Funny, my US doctor thought I should get a yellow fever vaccine that was quite expensive and then I caught http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chikungunya here! It lasted almost 3 years!

What do you need in the way of vaccines? I'm sure Bangkok Phuket Hospital whom just bought Phuket International will take care of it for a handsome fee. Funny, my US doctor thought I should get a yellow fever vaccine that was quite expensive and then I caught http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chikungunya here! It lasted almost 3 years!

I'm not sure what vaccinations I should have.

When I used to live in the country of order, I knew what vaccinations I had to have when I went to travel and when I moved to the east.

I had my yellow fever vaccinations. Got the multiple hepatitis vaccinations etc. which should last for 10 years.

Now the 10 years has suddenly passed. Should I get boosters or does the habitat do the trick for me?

What vaccinations should we have here and while traveling to the other countries?

When I used to live in the country of order, I knew what vaccinations I had to have when I went to travel and when I moved to the east.

I had my yellow fever vaccinations. Got the multiple hepatitis vaccinations etc. which should last for 10 years.

Now the 10 years has suddenly passed. Should I get boosters or does the habitat do the trick for me?

What vaccinations should we have here and while traveling to the other countries?

You need a Tetanus booster every ten years. I guess others inoculations would depend on where you are going. There are Malaria "preventative" drugs but you never know if they would actually prevent it and they seem pretty hard on your body, from what I've read. Best to avoid those areas of high infection. Still no vaccine for the four strains of Dengue Fever. I got the hepatitis series of vaccines too, years ago. The doctor never seemed to be sure if they took or not, no boosters that I every heard of. I get a full blood workup done every year and I seem to be fairly healthy again. Chikungunya was something I don't think I would wish on anyone. Well maybe the US doctors who tuned down my disability insurance. Now I've read Chikungunya has arrived in the USA, I'm immune now, maybe karma will come back to bite them! ;-)

Thanks! I already went through the Chikungunya (I always spell it with capital letter for a reason). I have always said. It's a great way for an young person to understand what it is really to be old. Perfect way to learn how to create products for elderly people.

I got tetanus at some point. How about yellow fever and hepatitis A/B/C?

Thanks! I already went through the Chikungunya (I always spell it with capital letter for a reason). I have always said. It's a great way for an young person to understand what it is really to be old. Perfect way to learn how to create products for elderly people.

I got tetanus at some point. How about yellow fever and hepatitis A/B/C?

From what I remember, Hep A you're good for life, Hep B I read 15 years. You can get a blood test for anti bodies. There is not a vaccine for Hep C. According to the US CDC; Vaccines are available only for Hepatitis A and Hepatitis B. Research into the development of a vaccine is under way. More here: http://www.cdc.gov/hepatitis/ Yellow Fever seems less common. I've never gotten an updated vaccine form about 8 years ago. http://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/yellowbook/2014/chapter-3-infectious-diseases-related-to-travel/yellow-fever

My Doctor said I need Japanese Encephalitis for extended stay in Thailand. Cost $350.00. I haven't needed it before. Anyone else had it for Thailand

I have had vaccination against Japanese Encephalitis since I first came her. The one I have taken lately is called Ixario and need a booster after 12 months and then every second year if I remember correctly.

A acquaintance got Japanese Encephalitis in Phuket about 11 years ago. He was here only on 3 weeks holiday! Luckily family travelled with him and got him back home where the doctors back home said that a few days more and he hadn't made it.

I forgot to mention, Phuket International hospital don't give out yellow books with vaccination records but Bangkok Phuket hospital do, don't know if you need vaccinations for offshore or not but a yellow book is very handy.

You need a Tetanus booster every ten years. I guess others inoculations would depend on where you are going. There are Malaria "preventative" drugs but you never know if they would actually prevent it and they seem pretty hard on your body, from what I've read. Best to avoid those areas of high infection. Still no vaccine for the four strains of Dengue Fever. I got the hepatitis series of vaccines too, years ago. The doctor never seemed to be sure if they took or not, no boosters that I every heard of. I get a full blood workup done every year and I seem to be fairly healthy again. Chikungunya was something I don't think I would wish on anyone. Well maybe the US doctors who tuned down my disability insurance. Now I've read Chikungunya has arrived in the USA, I'm immune now, maybe karma will come back to bite them! ;-)

Curious about the doctor’s disability rejection. I had this virus and fully understand your situation. Did the “doctor” not understand the painful and sometimes long lasting symptoms, or did he/she know little or anything about Chikungauo and just left you hanging?

Curious about the doctor’s disability rejection. I had this virus and fully understand your situation. Did the “doctor” not understand the painful and sometimes long lasting symptoms, or did he/she know little or anything about Chikungauo and just left you hanging?

They thought Chikungunya could not last for years (although articles say it can last 5 years, possibly more), yet all my rheumatoid tests were negative (as it is a viral infection). They had never dealt with the disease, so they were clueless. If I wanted to go forward with the case I would have had to fly to the USA and hire an attorney to fight for Social Security Disability. I was clearly in no shape to do that and my California State Disability ran out after a year. Oh well. Live goes on… All is pretty well now.

Phuket is considered a low risk for Malaria, but do check as you may have a health issue that requires consideration.

However, Denge Fever is a High risk if you don't follow precautions to prevent some mozzies biting, repellant with a high % of Deet will help.

As for injections . . . ss there is good health care and good hygiene and sanitary conditions in AUS, many of the injections recommended you will have already had, including TB, Rubella, Polio, Diphtheria etc.

airport-transfer724 com