PM urges that Thai TV soap operas add some historic and patriotic contents

webfact

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What an excellent initiative one more times from PM General Prayuth whom saw TV shows are watched daily in each family home instead of showing perpetual so often stupid family dramas plays based on money, greed, unfaithful behavior and business skills shortcuts... showing at the same times luxury items very very few benefits from....reading books has completely disappeared if added video games...

For nothing to change everything has to change and PM General Prayuth is the RIGHT Man at the Right times in the Thai modern History new chapter he has opened himself so brilliantly.

This IS sarcasm, right? cheesy.gif

I'm not sure Thailand has any historic moments but only watch when forced to by my bed warmer ! It would be nice if these soaps had a story/script/actors/director and guns that didn't contain 363 bullets.but, I guess that's asking to much.

I am one of those rare people who actually likes Thai Soap operas. My partner, however, flat refuses to even allow them to be on the TV, so I almost never get to watch them. Maybe that's why I like them; It's forbidden to watch them!

They could go back any number of years...and show how Thailand has a history of violence, political unrest, inhumane treatment of immigrants, abuse of school children, and disregard for human life...Thainess demands that Thais continue their well documented tradition...

It's true enough that Thai soaps are horrible trashy TV, but the General's message sounds like something that might be said in North Korea. I hope this country isn't headed in that direction.

Don't worry..The only direction Thailand has ever had is dependant on which way the wind is blowing...it it changes constantly

I think more patriotism and nationalism is the last thing this country needs. Isn't it enough to be the hub of everything and the center of the galaxy?

That's what's worrying them. Truth is they are the Hub of Nothing worthwhile and in the middle of the wilderness !

PM urges that TV soap operas added some historic and patriotic contents

Strange; I thought that was what they are currently full of.

That is all very well and Good Mr. General but how about cracking down and violence of woman on Thai soaps LIttle kids are watching that Do you want them to grow

up treating a woman like that

I hope not

Edited by realenglish1
  • Like 1

“The best way to take control over a people and control them utterly is to take a little of their freedom at a time, to erode rights by a thousand tiny and almost imperceptible reductions. In this way, the people will not see those rights and freedoms being removed until past the point at which these changes cannot be reversed.” - Adolph Hitler

• Like 2

My son goes to a Thai school. He's only 6 and already totally indoctrinated. Their books on "social science" are 70% patriotic bullshit - in my opinion not worth the word "science". They spend several hours per week on the subject. Even the normal language books are for 10% on patriotic subjects.... and then didn't talk yet about greeting the flag ceremony every morning (30 minutes).

Edited by kriswillems

He said he would like these Thai soap operas to contain the country’s history and patriotism.

So will they include all the lost wars with Burma, the sacking of Ayutthaya, the piracy on the Gulf of Siam when the Vietnamese were robbed of their gold, the pact with Germany and Japan during WW2, how the people of the north sent their daughters to work in brothels when they needed a new fridge, the Saudi Gem affair and so on.., in the Soup operas? If, than maybe I will start to watch the crap.

clap2.gifcheesy.gif

A smile like that from a N. Koran!!!

They shot the ones who didn't smile.

Well, according to you most of the females in the top picture would be dead. It's only the high kicking babe in the lower picture that's grinning.

N.Koran??? Must be Islamic?

Edited by ratcatcher

Well... one might ask a Brit or an American born after 1975 what they actually know about anything relative to the history or culture of their nations?

To teach culture and history is a very good thing. That particular lacking has certainly been the demise of the west.

Well... one might ask a Brit or an American born after 1975 what they actually know about anything relative to the history or culture of their nations?

To teach culture and history is a very good thing. That particular lacking has certainly been the demise of the west.

I don't know if you have seen and can read the Thai schoolbooks (on "history"). They are not history books. They are pure indoctrination.

Maybe think up a new story line,they all are basically the same,nasty mother

with equally nasty daughter,mother wants her to marry hansom rich man,but

hes in love with a sweet young girl, enter overtly gay man stage left,and a

couple of maids, thats it folks!, change setting but keep story line.mind

dumbing tv, oh and don't forget the bells and whistles for effect.

bye the way i don't watch them,but watch the wife watching them.

regards Worgeordie

yup, that pretty much sums them up

coming next..

korea-women-march_1736532i.jpg

military-marching1.jpg

Bring e'm on...sooner the better !

The Lovely Gal in the lower picture beats the Soi Cowboy trash! A smile like that from a N. Koran!!!

I can recommend a good opticians in Chiang Rai.....

"He wished that these series should better add some histories and patriotic events in it."

Once more the headline and the story don't match. Expressing a personal wish is not the same as urging anyone to do anything.

Edited by Bluespunk