I wonder how much ThaiVisa contributes to negative vibes between Thais and farangs

RikDao

I found this place when I was researching prior to moving to Thailand, but soon decided to stop reading it because the relentlessly negative tone was affecting my opinion of the place.

Now I know what Thailand is actually like, I can come back here and find the place amusing - because it bears virtually no relevance to the country I've chosen to live in.

If any Thai people read here, they probably find it funny too - these miserable, self-important, sex obsessed farangs are hilarious. I just hope they don't think we're all like that.

Funny. I doubt a lot of Thais read this forum. And I doubt they would be offended by our ranting. I agree about the place having little resemblance to the place described here on this forum. I understand the need to vent, and do plenty of it myself. We all have our pet peeves. But, for the most part, I consider the quality of life here to be quite high, and enjoy a great day to day existence. One simply has to ignore some of the more ignorant posts. I find a lot of guys on this forum have a lot to say, and am consistently surprised at how articulate, and intelligent many of the posts are. So, keep a light heart. Many of these posts are meant in jest.

• Like 1

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

OP, IMHO the writings on ThaiVisa would contribute very little in changing any Thai's viewpoint of Farangs. Spreading the word on social media comes from legitimate news sources or first hand experiences, usually negative towards the visitor as bad news is good news generally for the media.

What I would think that TV would be capable of would be contributing negative vibes to newcomers who believes all they read and hear, especially in General & The Pub without fully understanding the dynamics of the forum.

Outside of the above two sub-forums (with the possible inclusion of comments from the Thai News), TV is an outstanding source of knowledge for people first coming to Thailand. Just need to sort through the chaff.