Vehicle examination when renewing paying road tax

And the cost for the CPTL (compulsory) is 645.21B for sedan, 967.28 for truck and 1182.35 for passenger truck. AIG

Not quite right chum..Just did my compulsory ins on my 4 door truck, it was 645.21bht.

Road tax goes down every year after 5 years old, think mine last year at 6 years old was 5100bht. Must pay net month so will see what it is at 7 years old.

spot on Mr Trans, 600 is the insurance premium, 3THB for some admin and 42.21 THB VAT. Making a grand total of 645.21, of which Mr Toyota rounds up to 646. I was not aware of the m/c check up, we have two Honda's both over 9 years old and the local Honda garage takes care of our tax and Insurance every year.

• Like 1

Well atleast we got the OP answered before all the off topic replies started. cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

yep there was no need for replies after post #2. but some of us like to get in there before ace of P ruins another topic.

Fair call, I forgot about AOP and his uncanny ability to ruin a thread.

Just looking at the tests my Isuzu goes through every year one has to wonder how some of these wrecks, both vehicles and trucks, are still on the road.

My examiner places my pickup on a dynomometer which tests wheel alignment, brakes (front, rear and hand brake) it then goes over a pit where they look for oil leaks, suspension etc and get the chassis number imprint. Then it gets an emissions test. And this is recorded on computer with a direct link to the registry office for an online report submission. Oh! There are a number of photos sent as well.

The examination costs me 100 Baht + 100 Baht for them to do the running around to get the renewal. One has to have a 1 year Para Bor Insurance receipt attached as well.

• Like 2

And the cost for the CPTL (compulsory) is 645.21B for sedan, 967.28 for truck and 1182.35 for passenger truck. AIG

Not quite right chum..Just did my compulsory ins on my 4 door truck, it was 645.21bht.

I wonder what a 1.40a truck means as several insurance sites quote the same numbers I showed above.

post-566-0-64897200-1409385737_thumb.jpg

Normally about 200 baht for a cursory check-up and usually they will go and organise the tax disc as well for an extra 100 baht.

Yep, just to come back from insurance cost (different topic) biggrin.png

200 Baht for the check up (fixed. regulated price).

Edited by KhunBENQ

I wonder what a 1.40a truck means as several insurance sites quote the same numbers I showed above.

attachicon.gifCapture.JPG

Looks like a single cab/mega is perhaps compulsory insured different to a 4 door. I believe a single cab though pays less road tax than a 4 door.

Looks like a single cab/mega is perhaps compulsory insured different to a 4 door. I believe a single cab though pays less road tax than a 4 door.

Maybe. Analog to the difference in taxation. A 4 door pickup is taxed like a sedan.

Only 2 door pickups are real pickups (green on white plate) smile.png .

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1

It's kind of funny really. I took the wifes old Wave over to Phichit for the annual inspection and tax. We unloaded the Wave from the pick-up and they took it over to the exhaust tester and I though 50/50 it will pass. But all he did was rub the numbers! Then the other guy checked the lights, indicators and horn....with the engine running. It's 15 years old and still got the original battery! And then across to the brake test section. The brakes are crap and I thought it would get a big red cross. All this is recorded on camera and after he parked the Wave in camera view he walked off camera came back and said , in Thai, test done! Or something similar.

On occasion wifey can tell me something different to what the Thai person said so I don't know if it is 'Test done' or "Done test" or something different altogether! rolleyes.gif

• Like 1