Any Farrang own a Volkswagon

crisp

Hi guys,

Are there any expats who own a Volkswagon....or is there a VW club for farrang/expats?

I have joined the VW society club, but unfortunately the website is in Thai & mainly Thai nationals (as expected)& do not receive any information with regards to meet ups, club meetings etc.

Water cooled or air cooled?...... I was going to give you a link but just checking it seems to have crashed, been hacked or removed? I'll post it anyway and you can check it again periodically. But you should still use Google translate it's far from perfect but you can get some info that way. http://www.vwshowtime.com/v2/

After checking again, it seems it's loading now.

Edited by WarpSpeed

Volkswagen only seem to have two models in their line-up ...... Sirocco and Golf GTI, which is a shame because l owned a Passat in the UK, it was the diesel with the DSG gearbox, cracking motor. l keep hearing Volkswagen are to build a factory in Thailand so maybe they will produce that nice looking pick-up, the Amarok. l lived in Bangkok about 10 years ago and l know there was some sort of Golf club, not sure if it's still going.

VW Caravelle V6 AMV Cosworth owner. There is no point being a member of any club here, in a very short space of time you will know more than most if you belong to a forum in the UK. All you need to know is... you want parts they come from one place... YONTRAKIT. You want someone to fit them, then its pot luck, I have used over 10 dealers and most are just glorified B-Quik's. I paid one guy 1,900 baht for a OBD read/reset, and 2,500 for putting some plumbers tape on a water leak (incidentally the tape roll was left in my engine bay) that was an official VW dealer.

Oz

VW Caravelle V6 AMV Cosworth owner. There is no point being a member of any club here, in a very short space of time you will know more than most if you belong to a forum in the UK. All you need to know is... you want parts they come from one place... YONTRAKIT. You want someone to fit them, then its pot luck, I have used over 10 dealers and most are just glorified B-Quik's. I paid one guy 1,900 baht for a OBD read/reset, and 2,500 for putting some plumbers tape on a water leak (incidentally the tape roll was left in my engine bay) that was an official VW dealer.

Oz

I had a OBD read yesterday FOC but it was a paperclip joblaugh.png

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Oz

I had a OBD read yesterday FOC but it was a paperclip job alt=laugh.png>

I ended up buying a 'made in china' OBD - USB cable for $5 off ebay, and downloaded the free version of VCD Lite.... job done. Mind you I'm not a slouch around a car, it may be over a novice level.

Oz

Hello VW, Audi, Seat and Skoda Cars owners,

I am operating a webbase Auto Parts business based in Singapore and China.

I manufacture and export Audi VW (Seat, Skoda) Parts and other European Vehicles.

I have clients as far as Myanmar and once quotation accepted, I can courier the parts to you after we received your payment.

I have been in the Auto Industry for 40 years and have enough experience and knowledge to serve.

The Regional Parts Centre of Audi, Vw is located in Singapore.

Look forward to hear from you.

regards,

J Edward

mec sing marketing

www.mecsing.com

email : [email protected]

Tel : +65 6354 5901

• Like 1

Yontrakit as has been stated the licensee for all VW AUDI etc. parts here in Thailand, as I thought it was clear in my post. You want parts, in Thailand, no matter who you get them off (non genuine excluded) they come from there and are marked up depending on the dealer. A recent example was and expansion tank, called dealer 3,500 called Yontrakit, 1,700... both take 2 days.

Oz

@crips

There are certainly many vintage VW collectors out there. My sons and me run a fleet of beetles, a T14, a T34, a split window bus and two buses, one double door left hand driven 1969.
Is there a particular problem you need solved as far as repair/spares on vintage cars are concerned? PM me with details ;-)

Thanks for the replies guys.

I was looking for a club or group that I could join for meet up's & drive outs. Any other farrang out there want the same thing?

I do the maintenance myself,the parts I bring back myself as I work abroad.

Going stage 1 in a couple of weeks, probably APR.

Drive safe, Chris