Where to buy waterbased paint for wood?

Crypt36

I absolotely do not want to use oil based paint for my wooden doors but somehow I haven't been able to find any waterbased woodpaint?! This is a really normal product in Holland...

I bought a bucket of Jotun wall paint Semi-Gloss instead and feel really bad about it. I should be able to find some water based woodpaint somewhere right? Any Ideas?

dulux make a water based gloss enamel, I used it on the woodwork in our house and it is ok. I am a painter and decorator by trade so I do know what I am talking about. Unfortunately I could not find any water based undercoats that would stop any timber bleeds so I used a quick dry oil undercoat then 2 coats of exterior water based paint(low sheen) followed by 2 coats of the water based gloss enamel(I used white paint so I needed to stop the shadowing). The sheen finish comes up like an oil based semi gloss enamel and is quite hard, I would definitely use it again, it is available in home pro and any other large paint distributor.

• Like 1

Sounds like you are the main man when it comes to painting seajae.

You have any connections in Bangkok with your sort of expertise. Most of the painters I here paint the floors, furniture etc at no extra charge when painting doors and walls. etc.

Sounds like you are the main man when it comes to painting seajae.

You have any connections in Bangkok with your sort of expertise. Most of the painters I here paint the floors, furniture etc at no extra charge when painting doors and walls. etc.

tell me about it, when I did our place I put down drop sheets down(brought all my gear with me) to keep all the paint off everything and it was done before the sparky fitted it out. Everyone wanted to know why I had covered the floorblink.png , bloody hopeless. Sorry but I dont know anyone in Bangkok to recomend .

I gave a bum steer on the brand of paint too, I tried to get the Dulux acrylic gloss but it was going to take too long on order so I used the TOA Aqua Gloss, its acylic/warter based as well, I used the TOA Timber Shield acrylic over the fast dry oil undercoat as a binder/undercoat for the acrylic gloss too, conbination worked really good seeing I couldnt find any of the paints I would normally use in Thailand.

Thanks for all this info. Will try painting my doors myself though think they were sprayed as finish matt white and very flat. I'm not very good with a roller and prefer brush so I guess a few brush stroke marks will give it the handmade look though professional decorator in uk says it is possible to get flat finish with a brush.