Thailand’s Hajj pilgrims asked to strictly observe Saudi Arabian laws and regulations

Lite Beer

Thailand’s Hajj pilgrims asked to strictly observe Saudi Arabian laws and regulations

BANGKOK, 31 August 2014 (NNT) - Thai Muslims have been asked to strictly observe all rules and regulations of Saudi Arabia while on the Hajj pilgrimage.

Permanent Secretary of the Ministry of Culture Apinun Posayanon said that the ministry’s facilitation for the first group of Hajj pilgrims from southern Narathiwat has been completed without a hitch.

Mr. Apinun added that the National Council for Peace and Order as well as the Hajj Promotion Committee have asked related agencies to take good care and facilitate all pilgrims in all areas, from visa application to travel booking and accommodation, while urging all who make the journey to Mecca to respect and follow all rules and regulations of Saudi Arabia while in the country.

He said that a number of Thailand teams have been stationed at airports in Bangkok, Phuket and Hatyai to help all pilgrims.

According to Mr. Apinun, 144 flights will carry 5,040 pilgrims out of Suvarnabhumi airport, while 14 flights will take care of 832 pilgrims flying out from Phuket airport. Another eight flights have been prepared at Hat Yai airport to take 2,368 pilgrims to the Hajj.

Meanwhile, NCPO secretary general Gen. Udomdej Sitabutr said that while a pilgrimage to the Hajj is of high importance for Muslims, it should be noted that Thailand’s pilgrims will be representing the country as peace ambassadors in the international community as well.

Gen. Udomdej also re-asserted a call for all pilgrims to always observes all rules there in order to best represent Thailand.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2014-08-31 footer_n.gif

True Muslim pilgrims should walk to honor their devotion. Then they could also experience the warmth and love of fellow Muslims in Burma, Bangladesh, India, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Iran, Iraq, Saudi Arabia.

Instead they take a flight to Mecca, and circle the black rock...I think they miss out.

I still shake my head about this every year. In Kabul the "hajji's" used to be brought to the airport, but would go around the side of the terminal and enter the ramp through a side gate. No Immigration checks, never searched or x-rayed, just through the gate and onto the plane.

On the way back, same thing. Off the plane, through the side gate and off to (where ever) without an inspection of any kind. No passport checks, no luggage checks.

I had to go to the "lost luggage" sea cans a few times to try and find bags that hadn't made the same flight as our employees (they'd get put on the next flight and then straight into the lost luggage storage area upon arrival). I asked the last living son of Noah (at least, he looked old enough to have been one of Noah's sons) what all the 5 liter jugs of liquid were in there.

Apparently they were full of "holy hajj water" brought back from Mecca, that passengers had "forgotten" on various trips.

Try getting onto a regular aircraft with any container holding more that 100ml of liquid ! These people were (routinely) hauling 5 liter jugs of (presumably) water !

Then there's the Hajj itself. Yeah, that's a whole book/movie in itself.

well, why not?

The checks are useless anyway. They are to teach submissiveness nothing more.

A bomb at a large buss/train station or inside a train would kill far more people and there aren't any checks at tall.

This is good advice for all travelers. You should always respect the laws, rules and regulations of the country you visit. The ideas that it is not the way do it the USA, Britten, or EU will not get it. The laws in one country are different than the laws in another. What is legal in Britten could be illegal in another. coffee1.gif

Taking a stroll around a black meteorite and fasting for a month does not make you a pious person. Try tolerating and respecting other human beings, instead of beheading them, blowing them up, hitting women, executing Jews and apostates and imprisoning gays. Chill out for a change.

Allah knows best!

This is good advice for all travelers. You should always respect the laws, rules and regulations of the country you visit. The ideas that it is not the way do it the USA, Britten, or EU will not get it. The laws in one country are different than the laws in another. What is legal in Britten could be illegal in another. coffee1.gif

What's Britten?

I have no respect for the Stone Age laws and culture of the savage Saudis.

Well "respect" might be the wrong word.

You should follow the law there, no matter if you respect it or not.

But even better just don't travel there.

Destination SA is in my list far behind North Korea....

• Like 1

Well "respect" might be the wrong word.

You should follow the law there, no matter if you respect it or not.

But even better just don't travel there.

Destination SA is in my list far behind North Korea....

Does this mean he should beat his wife and mutilate his daughters?

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Is it true the women are not allowed to wear the burka on the hajj?

Oh it's all very complicated.

http://islamqa.info/en/36619

Well, that was a bunch of cr*ap. Personally I don't think I could be around that many people sweating in the heat of Saudi Arabia and camped out for days. Can you imagine what they all smell like after a few trips around the rock?

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Is it true the women are not allowed to wear the burka on the hajj?

Oh it's all very complicated.

http://islamqa.info/en/36619

Well, that was a bunch of cr*ap. Personally I don't think I could be around that many people sweating in the heat of Saudi Arabia and camped out for days. Can you imagine what they all smell like after a few trips around the rock?

Roughly, I would say like a Nagasaki ditch diggers left flip flop strap....bah.gif

I still shake my head about this every year. In Kabul the "hajji's" used to be brought to the airport, but would go around the side of the terminal and enter the ramp through a side gate. No Immigration checks, never searched or x-rayed, just through the gate and onto the plane.

On the way back, same thing. Off the plane, through the side gate and off to (where ever) without an inspection of any kind. No passport checks, no luggage checks.

I had to go to the "lost luggage" sea cans a few times to try and find bags that hadn't made the same flight as our employees (they'd get put on the next flight and then straight into the lost luggage storage area upon arrival). I asked the last living son of Noah (at least, he looked old enough to have been one of Noah's sons) what all the 5 liter jugs of liquid were in there.

Apparently they were full of "holy hajj water" brought back from Mecca, that passengers had "forgotten" on various trips.

Try getting onto a regular aircraft with any container holding more that 100ml of liquid ! These people were (routinely) hauling 5 liter jugs of (presumably) water !

Then there's the Hajj itself. Yeah, that's a whole book/movie in itself.

It is called Zam Zam water, purportedly from a holy well near Mecca,

Personally, I think it is all a big con, the sad thing is so many are falling for it.facepalm.gif