Cambodian arrested following Russian bag snatch in Jomtien

webfact

Cambodian arrested following Russian bag snatch in Jomtien

russia-3.jpg

PATTAYA: -- Late on Sunday Night Police based in Jomtien arrested a 22 year old Cambodian accused of stealing a bag from a Russian Tourist containing 45,000 Baht’s worth of cash and valuables.

The victim, known only as Miss Anna aged 29, informed Police she was walking back to the Park Lane Resort off Soi Watboon when the suspect, Mr. Lieng, came from behind and snatched her bag which contained Thai and US Currency along with her mobile phone. The suspect ran off into the distance.

Luckily a motorbike taxi driver was stationed nearby and took Miss Anna straight to the Police Station on Jomtien Beach and a Police Patrol was able to arrest the suspect who was taken to the station along with the stolen bag and its contents which were still in his possession.

Full story: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/142567/cambodian-arrested-following-russian-bag-snatch-in-jomtien/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2014-09-01

Sometimes.... just sometimes, crap like this sounds too convenient.... The arrests are quick... taxis in one form or another are involved....

I wonder if these thugs, after committing the crime, run down well lit main roads until caught.... I would have thought, ducking down the multitude of dark alleys and "getting lost" would be the way to do a "get away"...

Sometimes.... just sometimes, crap like this sounds too convenient.... The arrests are quick... taxis in one form or another are involved....

I wonder if these thugs, after committing the crime, run down well lit main roads until caught.... I would have thought, ducking down the multitude of dark alleys and "getting lost" would be the way to do a "get away"...

Maybe getting caught was never part of the deal before. "Farrang bag snatch I go later have coffee to drink now".

This stretch in soi wat boon up to Park Lane and Paradise Park condo is very dark at night. And most russians are walking up from beach road. Wonder when they will finish the road work that has been going on for 1 year now ?