Pyramid cult leader appointed to reform public school curriculum

webfact

I think there will be lots of people from the "old school of thought" that won't want the education system changed very much, although it needs a lot of big changes. Maybe having someone who doesn't follow the most conventional thinking to head a committee about education reform is a good thing. I can imagine that the suggestion of teaching Thai students critical thinking and analytic skill will seem crazy to traditional Thais, and making them aware that Thailand is not the center of the universe will ruffle some feather as well.

Possibly in some sort of paradoxical logical flip, however this character seems to embody the antithasis of "critical thinking skills".

I don't see why someone with an open mind to the possibility that humans aren't the only "intelligent" life-form in an unimaginably large universe would be the antithesis of critical thinking. In fact, I see the opposite. Would you prefer that Thais go on believing that Thailand is the center of the universe and Thais are the only "real" life-form that matters?

Then get over there with the antitheses of critical thinking!

What's the problem with this appointment?

Maybe it takes a person with far out views to make some much needed changes. Everyone else has failed and standards seem to be declining annually.

Then again, he only has pyramid power. Only someone such as Gandalf the Great could really make a difference to the Education Department.

I don't know how to break this to you gently, .............. but Gandalf was a fictional character!

Whats the difference between him, guys who run an international airport or civil servants in charge of government house who all believe in ghosts and evil spirits? Maybe ancient 3rd world behavior and undeceiving education are incompatible...

Well he has apparently claimed lineage to ancient Egyptian 'sorcerers' so evidently appropriate for the best in third world education - apparently.

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa app

Edited by timewilltell

And the new course required will be the award winning cartoon depicting King #5 war elephant. Hey, I liked it...lol. In fact I do like King #5. There actually was a farang that looked quite similar in Udon for awhile to the "new English teacher". He didn't wear tin foil, unless it was inside his artic snow flap cap that keep the radio waves from the US government out. Must have worked quite well, oh yea.

What a joke!

What sort of backward, third world country allows people who believe in all-powerful, extra-terrestrial beings to attain positions of influence...?!

Oh, I suppose any country, really, that has as its constituency like-minded religious fanatics. Not to mention Nancy Reagan, the US President's wife, who would discuss matters of national import with her astrologer, then tell her husband what to do based on these readings. And lest we forget, Hitler had his own personal astrologer.

When we hear terms like cult leader, though, the mind is drawn to people like Jim Jones who forced every one of his followers to drink the poison Kool-Aid or be shot. And those folks who diligently diligently took their own lives so that the space ship trailing the Hale-Bopp comet would whisk their souls away in a sort of rapture.

Cults...meh. Prime Minister, I implore you to reverse OBEC's decision. It is hardly good for Thailand's image to have a person in such a position of authority who claims to communicate with space aliens hovering around earth.

I think there will be lots of people from the "old school of thought" that won't want the education system changed very much, although it needs a lot of big changes. Maybe having someone who doesn't follow the most conventional thinking to head a committee about education reform is a good thing. I can imagine that the suggestion of teaching Thai students critical thinking and analytic skill will seem crazy to traditional Thais, and making them aware that Thailand is not the center of the universe will ruffle some feather as well.

So....is "the old school of thought" not being a cult member....or not believing in aliens or ufo's? I think you could have worded your statement a little better...or do you really want to convey the message that anyone who does not believe in the healing powers of pyramids or believe in aliens and ufo's is "old fashioned"?

Critical thinking and analytic skills are just fine, but at the same time I find it hard to believe that someone who is in a Pyramid Cult and believes that he can communicate with aliens has those skills.

Edited by Lee4Life
  • Like 1

Unfair to hold the GT200 thing against him, really. Nobody else involved has been blamed. The most prominent "scientific" backer of the plastic rods is now firmly back in favor, and one vocal military supporter has also recently assumed a rather prestigious position. smile.png

Edited by cocopops

Cured by pyramid power, in communication with UFO's. Is it April 1st yet. Surely this appointment to help

reform the school curriculum is someones idea of a practical joke. I say it is a good one. cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.giftongue.pngclap2.gif

What a joke!

What sort of backward, third world country allows people who believe in all-powerful, extra-terrestrial beings to attain positions of influence...?!

Huuh I think they are called Christians, Muslims an Jewslaugh.png

• Like 1

Mr. Art-ong has also expressed his belief in extra-terrestrials; he asserted in one lecture that he could communicate with the "UFOs" that were hovering over the earth.

We made the mistake and moved into an area with a UFO landing place. The little green and pink Aliens then fill out a TM 47 form, next to our house, where an Immigration officer lives and then they disappear somewhere in Pattaya, Bangkok, or Phuket.

The amazing part is that their skin color changes then and they all in a sudden have white skin, wear cheap flip flops,shorts "Muscle T-Shirts" and they drink a lot of alcohol and causing many accidents, before they will be replaced by otters.

Many of them have a beer belly that they look like innocent "Quality tourists."

They can even communicate with our two Siberian Huskeys.

Edited by lostinisaan

Will he be suggesting that Kool-Aid be served in all schools?

Most people don't remember this.

“It's been my experience, Langford, that the past always has a way of returning. Those who don't learn, or can't remember it, are doomed to repeat it.”

Steve Berry, The Charlemagne Pursuit

but then

“We're doomed to repeat the past no matter what. That's what it is to be alive. It's pretty dense kids who haven't figured that out by the time they're ten.... Most kids can't afford to go to Harvard and be misinformed.”

Kurt Vonnegut, Bluebeard