Any recent US citizens get Non-o (Retirement) extension at Chaeng W?

Did mine in late June and no change from other years except extra paper for last two years to sign that you understand extension ends if reason ends (not really retirement issue - unless you want to work perhaps). Using Embassy letter of several weeks before, signed copies of passport data/transfer information/extensions and departure card, TM.7 filled out with recent photo on back (digital print on home computer/printer) and home phone number. Payment of 1,900 baht and fill out portions of one or two normal papers at desk. Total time at desk about 10 mins (officer made change without leaving) and then 5 minutes at senior officer for final signing.

• Like 1

Did mine in mid-June and no change from other years. Using Embassy letter of several weeks before, signed copies of passport data/transfer information/extensions and departure card, TM.7 filled out with recent photo on back (digital print on home computer/printer) and home phone number. Payment of 1,900 baht and fill out portions of one or two normal papers at desk. Total time at desk about 15 mins (officer made change without leaving) and then 10 minutes at senior officer for final signing.

• Like 1

and a copy of my Yellow Book

Has this ever been requested? I have been extending in Bangkok for 15 years and have never submitted any paperwork for residence (although when doing for marriage 10 years ago did provide wife blue book listing and will list same address on TM.7 - modified to new home numbering system now used here). Believe once your address is in computer they are not interested in additional proof unless there is a change - and providing additional paperwork only confuses.

and a copy of my Yellow Book

Has this ever been requested? I have been extending in Bangkok for 15 years and have never submitted any paperwork for residence (although when doing for marriage 10 years ago did provide wife blue book listing and will list same address on TM.7 - modified to new home numbering system now used here). Believe once your address is in computer they are not interested in additional proof unless there is a change - and providing additional paperwork only confuses.

No, it's never been requested or any other address type confirmation document, but I've always included a copy with my renewal application (6 times now) since I had the Yellow Book two weeks after moving to Thailand and various posts over the years said people were sometimes asked for some document to verify current residence when renewing their retirement extension of stay...this policy seemed to vary from immigration office to immigration office regardless of what already might be in the magic computer. Since I've always included it there was no reason for them to ask.

And of course we've seen quite a few posts where offices may sometimes ask for some type of address document (like a recent utility bill, etc) even when doing a 90 day address report. Just seems immigration offices can get an "address confirmation" itch out of the blue sometimes, so I try to be prepared for that.

Yea, I could just withhold the Yellow Book or utility bill copy for address confirmation in the application, but I got plenty of Yellow Book copies already so I just include it....hasn't caused any confusion yet.

Plus, a few years ago I download this Info Only-Retirement Extension Requirements document from one of the Thailand immigration office websites (may have been Bangkok, Pattaya, Phuket, I don't remember) which I think provides an excellent overview of applying for an extension renewal and para 5 says to provide some document that confirms your current address. Knowing a Yellow Book does not provide definite proof that is where you currently live today, I also take along a copy of a recent utility bill in case they ask for some documented proof of current residence.

post-55970-0-92341300-1409811729_thumb.j

No problem if you are legit , 15 years never a problem , I actually enjoy it , once I sit down it only takes 10 mins . As I said before and was attacked , if you have all your paper work NO PROBLEM . Of course I am actually retired and haven't worked in 23 years . They can't believe how much my pension is ? We always talk about that .clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif