TrueVisions adds more HD channels to cheaper packages

webfact

I live in chaing rai near airport I have true just fantastic great wi fi platinum HD sattalite package rain rain no problems love it heaps of English all and I mean all sports,great,

Good for you-you put up with the adverts as well as pay a high premium?? 30,000 a year?? if your fine with that price and have to have adverts to boot.

Unless you have True internet TV package, which I do. No loss of signal in rain now :-)

Duh.. It's internet delivered not DTH signal, but I'm sure that at certain times where the internet

usage is heavy, you get less than perfect service right? I know I do....

I have had cable in Korea and Taiwan, I have had satellite in Morocco and Malaysia ... I never saw a shut down to re-do the channels. True Visions really doesn't give very good value for money and the management baffles me. On the flip side, customer service has been pretty good ... but I never needed customer service before True Vision.

And they've done it multiple times. I've also had service where they changed from analog to digital and we didn't have any disruption at all. Just had to add a 7 in front of each station to get the digital version. Analog version still worked. We didn't get messages across the bottom of the screen for months and months either.

I actually just got True wired into the house to replace my TOT internet.

I only wanted Internet, but the Promotion offered, including TV, was cheaper than Internet only!

The TV package I think is called 'Enjoy', but there is only a single channel in English, to get English language channels you have to get up to Gold or Platinum which are substantially more expensive....falang pays more!

The Mrs sometimes watches it if the Sophon is a bit fuzzy.... much clearer picture for the standard Thai channels. It is of no use to me, even BBC News is regarded as Premium.

No you can get English channels at much lower level packages like Sport and Knowledge. But I am one of the customers that will be jumping the True ship when our subscription runs out in October. CTH looks attractive (B 599/month if you pay for 24 months) but lacks rugby coverage, which one could get with a Setanta subscription that costs B 3200/year (or B 500/month). This option cost about half of the True premium option. The other way to go is IPTV, but there are some sharks out there. For example there are a "service provider" that have Setanta on the Maige platform, while the real Maige excludes Setanta. Down the line Setanta will find out about the pirating and will stop broadcast by the "service provider". Clients will then end up with an expensive box (B 12 000) that don't fill their needs anymore. The over way to go is the M8 box without pre-loaded channels. This option needs a good internet connection and some technical skills. Choices choices !!

to get English language channels you have to get up to Gold or Platinum which are substantially more expensive....falang pays more!

blink.png .... yes yes we know, Trues whole business model and all the money spent on infrastructure is designed and geared to "rip off" and scam a few thousand whinging farangs living here rolleyes.gif

Its a conspiracy against the farangs I tell you........ as he puts his tinfoil hat on

here's the thing, True visons along with other cable/type satellite channels is a service, which you pay for, if you dont like the service your getting, dont pay for it then, watch channel 3 & 7 and improve your Thai...thumbsup.gif

There so many online options as well these days, you can watch just about anything you want from anywhere in the world.

please understand I am not suggesting True is a particularly good service, its not, but no worse than other paid for "satellite channels" i have watched in different parts of the world, it is what it is.....if your prepared to pay for it, upto you, if your not dont pay for it....you do have a choice, but please dont spout off its some sort of cunning conspiracy by Thai's to rip off farangs...blink.png

not giving a farang free access to "English languge" TV channels in Thailand is not a UN human right voilation...

• Like 2

There is no reason to pay expensive fees to True. If you have decent internet speed just get a good internet TV service like Watchglobal.tv. They carry all EPL, F1, Rugby, American sports. I get over 200 stations from the UK and USA on the system.

Whats the deal with True not giving the HD signal for the local networks?

Channel 7 now has this 7HD logo on screen all the time but on True-it is less than standard definition! Channel 3 alsolooks terrible with the perspective wrong.. but is apparently offering a HD(3) + a SD(3) and a family version of (3) True only has (3) and it looks like shit..

I can understand Thai and my wife watched (3) TV only, I know alot of Thai people prefer the local Thai networks over anything else..

SWTF is True's problem.. I suspect they are trying to sabotage the local networks because the local networks are still allowed to use freetv analog signal

I miss WWE and does any of the other have WWE AND A and E so I can watch The Dog Bounty Hunter?

CTH now has WWE.

I bought a GMMZ HD box a couple of weeks ago for 1590 baht. The CTHZ package on offer cost 999 baht per month but they offered a pay 5 months, get 5 months free promotion so I have the 7 CTH sports channels, 4 or 5 GMMZ sports channels, which show the Skybet Championship (meaning I can occasionally watch my team, Charlton Athletic), the Fox sports channels plus loads more from Fox, 3 Nat Geo, a few entertainment and kids channels and about 200 Thai channels for effectively 660 baht per month including box; I already had a dish. Uses the same satellite as TRUE.

I think TRUE have underestimated the amount of competition they now have in targeting 300,000 new subscribers.

I bet they mean they expect to lose 300,000 customers, not gain them. TrueVisions have terrible programing that is only exceeded in poor quality by their service. On top they are 3 times the going price.

Edited by rotary

NongKhaiKid, on 02 Sept 2014 - 06:54, said:

As a Premium member of several years I welcome all new members and will pass on some info that True will not give you - when it's heavy rain wave goodbye to your signal.

Get cable then... most satellite signals are reduced by rain, believe it or not. In fact it is the very same reason a microwave oven works... radio frequencies heat up water, this absorbs RF energy, reducing the amount received at the dish/antenna.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Shame the mongrels always dub the English movies and change back all the time. I changed to TOT IP TV because one month English and the next week it was all thai dubbed and same movie! I am NOT paying for their crap service when there are so many alternatives CHEAPER too.

You tell em Marcus! And tell those darn kids to get off your lawn too! Dag nab it!

Yeah those kids are bad. No worries though I feed em RATSAK. :)

The only reason I have True is TV and Internet are a package I wanted to upgrade within the package to gold but they said I cannot, if I wanted gold I would have to have 2 accounts one for gold True Visions and another for internet on line.

Yes we have that and they don't tell you this, and a few other things before you sign up. Checked through the channels last night, just Aljazeera, the Australian channel (back on) and a Japanese one in English, All the extra ones are the usual crap.

I cannot find Al jazerrah or Aust. Network on True & I have the full package.

to get English language channels you have to get up to Gold or Platinum which are substantially more expensive....falang pays more!

not giving a farang free access to "English languge" TV channels in Thailand is not a UN human right voilation...

Nor is saying 'falangs pay more' a stretch of the way things are!