Osram H4 Night Breaker Unlimited or Phillips Bosch equivilant

Dave8237

I have being using the bog standard H4 60/55w halogen bulbs in my pickup, and have also been using a HID conversion, HI/LOW, but find them both, not that brilliant, inside and out side the city. Have been doing a little research and have read that the aforementioned is one of the best buys around even though Phillips has a slight edge.

Anyway to get to the point, is there anywhere in Thailand I can get these from, ( I am after genuine article, not a copy from a near by country). Or have used these bulbs in their own vehicles.

I have a relative coming over form the UK, in a month or so, and was going to get them to bring me some over, as I can order from a company called Powerbulbs (UK) a reasonable price 19.98GBP. They do deliver all over the world FOC, but will they get slammed with TAX, and get delayed in the customs system here.

I ordered my Osram and Night Breaker Unlimiteds from 3 different eBay suppliers, one based in UK. The better eBay stores will tell you on their website the amount of any Thai customs taxes. Mine arrived w/o incident. What specific size are you looking for?

Ok thanks for that info, I require H4 60/55W.

What's your opinion of the Osram?

I think I will order from Powerbulb as they have 20% discount, free delivery worldwide and giving a pack of Osram W5W side bulbs free.Going for a couple of packs.

Hi Dave

I had never heard of Night Breaker Unlimiteds so was interested when you said they were better/brighter than HID.

I checked the Powerbulbs website and as far as I can see the highest range they do is 6000K.

I really don't know much about this, halogen was state of the art in my day, so was wondering as I already have HID Xenon 8000k fitted would these Night Breakers be better?

My HID's have a ballast box fitted yet the pictures on Powerbulbs website only show the bulbs no ballast connection. Are these bulbs just a straight swap with the originals?

These days most auto places supply and fit HID including auto audio places and some of those stalls you see outside department stores.

I got min HID's fitted at the same place that fitted my anti-roll bar cost about 5k baht.

Daffy.

http://vvcarpart.tarad.com/product_794864_th or http://www.lazada.co.th/shop-replacement-parts-lighting to get an idea of Thai prices. Hope I´m allowed to link that?

Find the cheapest seller back home and get 2-3 packs as the Nightbreakers tend to die faster. My younger brother still has got H4 and he tried A LOT of different bulbs. All major brands showed a good improvement against the standard bulbs. I couldn´t see any big differences between the high end ones though, but I´d say the Nightbreakers were the brightest.

Nightbreaker Unlimited (or the 90+), Phillips X treme Vision, Bosch 90+ are all almost on par and give excellent results.

Edited by I knew this would happen
  • Like 1

Thanks all for the input, I have my Osram Night Breaker Unlimited on route via a family member who arrives on Thursday next, 4 sets in all, I'll try them out and see!

My HID are after market fit, with ballasts, my fogs are HID as well but ok with them. all sides and number plate lamps, interior and door sill lights are LED, aftermarket as well. I have a Thai friend who owns his own garage, and have known him since my MX5 days back in the UK, so no problem with the fitting, all FOC.

I think the problem is that the BT50 pro headlamps are very high, and not on my model, Projector Type, which my previous car's in the UK had. Still they weren't pick up's.

Ace of Pop, where are these good stockist in Bangkok, please? Would the Up Garage be one?

Daffy D, no the Osrams, aint going to beat HID at 8000K, but my vehicle didn't come with HID, so as stated mine are retro fit, maybe I purchased' not a top notch set up. Yes you need the ballast's with HID, unless your vehicle, had HID/Xenon in the first place.

Night Breaker Unlimited are actually UK road leagel, however there are certain ones as you correctly state are off road only and certain colour tints aren't UK leagel, purely styling.

However do you have any idea what the legal limits are on headlights in Thailand, as it appears to me, anything "glows"

Dave8237 @

Daffy D, no the Osrams, aint going to beat HID at 8000K, but my vehicle didn't come with HID, so as stated mine are retro fit, maybe I purchased' not a top notch set up. Yes you need the ballast's with HID, unless your vehicle, had HID/Xenon in the first place.

Thanks Dave Guess I won't have to upgrade smile.png

Cheers thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...