Influx of Nissan Juke - Why?

BBesoteric

Hi guys im just wondering why I have been seeing so many jukes on the roads these days. Rebates? Or because its different?

What are your thought on the Juke? The Juke-R gets my attention, but a little out of my price range!

Edited by BBesoteric

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My mum decided on a bmw 1 series instead of the juke. I thought the bmw is a classic and the juke would just be a fad. But a year has past and I don't mind it...

Also how does Nissan stand up to its competitors in Thailand? I never really hear anything good or bad about it and none of my friends drive a Nissan here.

Edited by BBesoteric

Because it is different....and many people think it looks cute! Same why you see much more VW Beetles for sales than Golfs....at least here in Thailand. Looks are most important...mechanics, etc. not so much.

I kind of like the Juke as well, but the interior is pretty dreadful and space is probably on par with a Mazda 2....whereas you can get for the money a nice Mazda 3. Much better engine, more space, far better interior....

If they would at least have the turbo charged version of the Juke here (it was imported grey before) at a price of 1m then we might have a 'winner'....

The Pulsar Turbo is just so plain...

I like your points on the Juke.

The new Mazda 3 has been a fav of mine for a while and I can see many people in the forums recommend it too.

I just wish they had a awd turbo version. The mps or mazdaspeed versions in the aus/usa are fwd turbos right?

The new mazda6 looks amazing too. But a bit too long for me living in Thailand.

Edited by BBesoteric

I'll tell you why.

When this car was offered grey market only it sold for 1.8 million baht.

Once it hit the thai market for 850k it was considered a bargain and everyone wanted one.

Thais feel like it's a saving of 1 mb.

It is a lot of car for the money.

You are 100% correct Hans

I'll tell you why.

Once it hit the thai market for 850k it was considered a bargain and everyone wanted one.

What exactly makes it "a lot of car for the money"?

• Like 2

I'll tell you why.

Because it was 1.8 million before. ;)

Consistently rated in the 10 top ugliest cars for sale in 2014 by most of the rating agencies in the U.S.. Hansgruber hit the nail on the head. Thais are obsessed with face, and the fact that their friends and associates knew this car was "really" a 1.8 million Baht car is the reason they buy them. Similar face as buying the severely dated Prius.

However, I will concede it is a cool ride for the 20 somethings, but I have a feeling most will tire of the quirky design and it will not be a keeper.

Edited by keemapoot

I'll tell you why.

Because it was 1.8 million before. wink.png

Anyone who was prepared to spend 1.8 million on the Juke obviously had a lot more money than sense.

yes agreed, same could be said for any grey import here.

• Like 1

Unlike the sylphy, almera and other give me a double espresso to wake up type sedans in the market, I like the Juke only cause it is different...

You could drink a gallon of coffee and it's still going to be ugly. I hesitate to suggest it was styled by the styling department because there is nothing stylish about it.

• Like 1

Unlike the sylphy, almera and other give me a double espresso to wake up type sedans in the market, I like the Juke only cause it is different...

You could drink a gallon of coffee and it's still going to be ugly. I hesitate to suggest it was styled by the styling department because there is nothing stylish about it.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder I guess - hence why it selling like crazy. It's a cute car for hiso gals - better than the march,yaris, brio. Makes the Swift look dated.

As a Thai Girl told me the other day. Its so Ugly i just love it, its like my old Beetle. She parks it nearby, and after the initial Shock Horror it starts to look O.K..coffee1.gif

I could have lived with the looks, but that cabin and boot is just too squeezy.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder I guess - hence why it selling like crazy. It's a cute car for hiso gals - better than the march,yaris, brio. Makes the Swift look dated.

Oddly it is NOT a new car and has been around since end 2008... 1st one I noticed and spoke to the owner was in mid 2010 in Ranong, that one was a Diesel ..

the influx now is because they are NOT full imports anymore so a lot cheaper....... 750 - 850,000 baht is not a bad price + the Special Promotions from Nissan + up to 84 months payment plan

I'll tell you why.

Because it was 1.8 million before. wink.png

Anyone who was prepared to spend 1.8 million on the Juke obviously had a lot more money than sense.

Anyone who is prepared to spend 850k on a Juke obviously has more money than sense.

• Like 1

Anyone who is prepared to spend 850k on a Juke obviously has more money than sense.

You could buy a ever popular Benz and loss that amount in the 1st year.... so to me they have more money than sense

Edited by ignis

Funny thing to say,some folks are happy to pay 1.5 Mill for a 600K Vigo with extra chairs.The Imported Beetle isnt cheap either, nice to have something different anyway.

What model Vigo is 1.5 million? The most expensive I could find on the Toyota website is the 3.0 litre 4X4 AT, top of the line, which is just a tad over 1 million.

Funny thing to say,some folks are happy to pay 1.5 Mill for a 600K Vigo with extra chairs.The Imported Beetle isnt cheap either, nice to have something different anyway.

What model Vigo is 1.5 million? The most expensive I could find on the Toyota website is the 3.0 litre 4X4 AT, top of the line, which is just a tad over 1 million.

3.0 litre 4X4 AT, top of the line Toyota Vigo with the TR Transformer body is almost 1.6 million.. and still only has seats for 5, and 2 airbags. !!

Edited by ignis

3.0 litre 4X4 AT, top of the line Toyota Vigo with the TR Transformer body is almost 1.6 million.. and still only has seats for 5, and 2 airbags. !!

I'm not familiar with the "Transformer" body, is that the one that looks like a Hummer?

Edited by giddyup

I'm not familiar with the "Transformer" body, but it appears you are paying an extra 600,000 just for some styling mods, why would you?

Ace means a Tuna.