Influx of Nissan Juke - Why?

BBesoteric

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Funny thing to say,some folks are happy to pay 1.5 Mill for a 600K Vigo with extra chairs.The Imported Beetle isnt cheap either, nice to have something different anyway.

What model Vigo is 1.5 million? The most expensive I could find on the Toyota website is the 3.0 litre 4X4 AT, top of the line, which is just a tad over 1 million.

3.0 litre 4X4 AT, top of the line Toyota Vigo with the TR Transformer body is almost 1.6 million.. and still only has seats for 5, and 2 airbags. !!

I'm not familiar with the "Transformer" body, is that the one that looks like a Hummer?

YES http://www.one2car.com/search/search_result.aspx?Brand=B0054&Model=S1536&

Ace, can you call a spade a spade and stop confusing people? A Fortuner is not a Vigo.

he didn't confuse me... not sure that is a good thing however facepalm.gif

That's because you've become fluent in the AOP language dialect. Few people have achieved fluency so consider yourself fortunate. laugh.png

• Like 2

Ace, can you call a spade a spade and stop confusing people? A Fortuner is not a Vigo.

That's because you've become fluent in the AOP language dialect. Few people have achieved fluency so consider yourself fortunate. laugh.png

Yeah, I'm yet to learn Gobbledegook, ie gibberish.

Edited by giddyup

Unlike the sylphy, almera and other give me a double espresso to wake up type sedans in the market, I like the Juke only cause it is different...

You could drink a gallon of coffee and it's still going to be ugly. I hesitate to suggest it was styled by the styling department because there is nothing stylish about it.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder I guess - hence why it selling like crazy. It's a cute car for hiso gals - better than the march,yaris, brio. Makes the Swift look dated.

I feel you maybe confusing it with a Lexus dear boy. Wot, wot.

A Sportivo is a Vigo with a Tin Roof and Extra Chairs, i know i fell for it !!. Anyway what is a Straightaway, regarding funny language, means Do it Now, to me.Yet Yanks call A Racetrack Straight a Straitaway.Is that Straight enough.The Juke reminds me of the old Paris Dakar vehicle. All Warts n Lumps.w00t.gif

Yeah, I'm yet to learn Gobbledegook, ie gibberish.

Or a Sence of Humour..

Oh and it's as ugly as an X1. Thais do seem to like ugly big cars.

yea I guess your right. Compared to those eye turning civics, corollas, vios, elmaras etc, it's an ugly duckling

Yes indeed.

now that you have got this off your chest - anything else we can pass along to Ace for his synopsis? No? good lol

A Sportivo is a Vigo with a Tin Roof and Extra Chairs, i know i fell for it !!. Anyway what is a Straightaway, regarding funny language, means Do it Now, to me.Yet Yanks call A Racetrack Straight a Straitaway.Is that Straight enough.The Juke reminds me of the old Paris Dakar vehicle. All Warts n Lumps.w00t.gif

Does a Vigo have a Fortuner badge anywhere on the body? Does a Fortuner have a Vigo badge anywhere? No? Then let's please call them what they are badged under.

Why are Nissans so ugly these days, the Quasimodo and the syphilis are bad enough, but this ?

well I agree that the almera, syphy are ugly (boring) - like a all 4 door sedans for that stature. I suppose you thought the Bug or Mini were ugly too when they came out.

Would like to here what car you like (normal car - not some 20 million baht ferrari) for comparison.

Does a Vigo have a Fortuner badge anywhere on the body? Does a Fortuner have a Vigo badge anywhere? No? Then let's please call them what they are badged under.

A machine ? A roof ? Big Barrys man boobs ?

A machine ? A roof ? Big Barrys man boobs ?

Sorry, too esoteric for me.

Why are Nissans so ugly these days, the Quasimodo and the syphilis are bad enough, but this ?

well I agree that the almera, syphy are ugly (boring) - like a all 4 door sedans for that stature. I suppose you thought the Bug or Mini were ugly too when they came out.

Would like to here what car you like (normal car - not some 20 million baht ferrari) for comparison.

Wasn't born then.

Oh this beauty.

1138735595-robinhoodkaig.jpg

Because its a poser car (with no practical value).

I even doubt it has as much space as Mazda 2 (4 door).

Just seen it once at a show in Khon Kaen.

Had a look in the back and had a laugh.

This is so true.

There are lots of people driving around in Dukes near me. They catch your eye at first but that's about it. They're tiny in the back!

A Thai friend of ours has one (black with a red trim and red wing mirrors, I might add) she thinks it's the bees knees, the reality is it looks ridiculous.

Edited by pinkpanther99
  • Like 1

This is so true.

There are lots of people driving around in Dukes near me. They catch your eye at first but that's about it. They're tiny in the back!

A Thai friend of ours has one (black with a red trim and red wing mirrors, I might add) she thinks it's the bees knees, the reality is it looks ridiculous.

Cars like everything else is made for specific segments in mind.

Juke was not aimed at 60 plus year olds but more 20-30 range.

• Like 2

This is so true.

That is interesting... cant say I have every seen 20-30 age range driving one, most are much older, one guy in the Village bought one earlier this year he is Thai and 60+ the Thai guy that bought a Ford Ecosport a couple of months back is also in his 60's

This is so true.

That is interesting... cant say I have every seen 20-30 age range driving one, most are much older, one guy in the Village bought one earlier this year he is Thai and 60+ the Thai guy that bought a Ford Ecosport a couple of months back is also in his 60's

Well here in Bangkok it's not that group buying them.

Sent from my LG-P970 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

This is so true.

Just because you or someone else does not see or see something does not change the fact that cars are made to specific target markets.

There is a good reason why some models advertised with young girls and other models with young boys and other models with rough looking men. or family with kids and dog.

• Like 1