Jsat Ebox...anybody Have One?

whopper

Looks nice, but I decided to order a visionnet box instead. Both work basically the same by connecting to the internet to get the channels working...

Main difference between them is that the vissionnet can switch between many different servers all over the world (it's actually used pretty much everywhere, with a lot of forums on how to use / update the box, and servers available), while the ebox just connects to one server, which is hardcoded in the machine. If that server goes down, the box pretty much becomes useless. If a visionnet server goes down, you simply switch to one of the many other servers available...

I got burned once already with an angelbox (which uses a second dish to get the channels working), that server stopped working 3 days after I installed the bugger!

Looks nice, but I decided to order a visionnet box instead. Both work basically the same by connecting to the internet to get the channels working...

Main difference between them is that the vissionnet can switch between many different servers all over the world (it's actually used pretty much everywhere, with a lot of forums on how to use / update the box, and servers available), while the ebox just connects to one server, which is hardcoded in the machine. If that server goes down, the box pretty much becomes useless. If a visionnet server goes down, you simply switch to one of the many other servers available...

I got burned once already with an angelbox (which uses a second dish to get the channels working), that server stopped working 3 days after I installed the bugger!

Thanks for the info monty.

I had read your post about the angel box and how it stopped working after 3 days. :o

My only concern is the constant re-programming that is needed for the premium satellite channels..ie Dream, south africa etc.. do you find that a problem with the vissionet box?

thanks for your input and help

I don't have it yet, still on order...

After browsing the forums, it seems you'll only have to reprogram after changing servers, which shouldn't happen often. Most servers for the Asian satellites include all common networks (dream, multichoice, telstra18,...

Do note that neither the e-box nor the vissionnet can position your dish. In my case I just connect the vissionet to the angelbox (loopthrough) so I can use the positioning system from the angelbox...

Or I use the second dish of my angelbox to receive the South african channels and keep the moveable dish directed to dream (which the Angelbox still receives OK)

I don't have it yet, still on order...

After browsing the forums, it seems you'll only have to reprogram after changing servers, which shouldn't happen often. Most servers for the Asian satellites include all common networks (dream, multichoice, telstra18,...

Do note that neither the e-box nor the vissionnet can position your dish. In my case I just connect the vissionet to the angelbox (loopthrough) so I can use the positioning system from the angelbox...

Or I use the second dish of my angelbox to receive the South african channels and keep the moveable dish directed to dream (which the Angelbox still receives OK)

thanks again monty, you have helped alot

I couldn't find anything on the web on vissionet other than web design services, and don't have clue what kind of technology you are talking about. Do you know where I can find more info?

Thanks,

Peter

I couldn't find anything on the web on vissionet other than web design services, and don't have clue what kind of technology you are talking about. Do you know where I can find more info?

Thanks,

Peter

Read these threads about the Thai company who sell visionnet (smile)

http://www.rdi-sat.com/f2/viewtopic.php?t=74053

http://www.rdi-sat.com/f2/viewtopic.php?t=73974