Is this a real relationship or have I bought a girlfriend?

Sigurris

Not correct, if you didnt think you were superior, you would embrace the differences, not complain/point out how unsophisticated the thais are for not doing the way you are used to

And you are including me in your quote because?

um no, made a mistake,

I was trying to quote the

"Differences not superiority."

comment

• Like 1

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, at 55 you only have one thing this 30 year old girl wants,

An enhanced lifestyle.

How could it be any different?

I'm prepared to concede that there could be a tiny percentage of older men that really can cut it with younger women without cash playing an inordinately prominent role . . . Doubt there are many of those in Thailand, though

She is 30+ years younger then me (21years old) and very lovely. I know she is not staying for the money but is staying because she really cares and hopes to have a future with me.

cheesy.gifclap2.gif

Classic !!

I think the OP's girl sounds OK but that salary is super lame.

6 days a week, 12 hours a day for 8K??

Good that she's keen on her own independence. OP should remove the safety net for all but emergencies.

Its so easy to become cynical here in thailand To the OP..............enjoy the moment but watch your pocket/atm card/bank account etc. cos once you start giving money it can be hard to stop.

There are gems out there,not always easy to find.The age difference need not be a problem as long as you realise they are making a sacrifice in exchange for some security.The danger can really come if the said lady has a greedy mama and papa back home who will in time put pressure on her to loosen your purse strings.

I sincerely hope it works out,dont get too starry eyed though.

• Like 1

At 55 if you could get a GF of 30 in your own country, then there might be hope, you already know the answer.

Wine maybe or hamburger or eggs are best judged at least partially by age. Judging a woman by age means you aren't old enough to have one.

To OP

Do what you think is right. Follow your heart. Only time can tell no matter which nationally your mate is. Give it time.

When you give your best for whatever you do, you certainly not the one who regrets. If it does not turn to what you expect in the further, at least you had learn something.

Good luck

I like Cuddlecat ... such a Pussy. (Don't tell MissFarmGirl)

As for the OP ... I reckon, go for it.

If the relationship goes 'full-on' expect the pressure to have children will start soon.

If you are OK with that ... give the relationship a shot ... thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

Confidence attracts a lot of women, good for you (seriously), not many women like a wimpy, self conscious man unless she is a dominant character

Feel free to disagree with me (no offence will be taken) but

for a 50-60 year old to get with a 21 yr old in Thailand

Ok.... Hahaha... I don't want to blow my own horn but I would say your first three are near the mark and perhaps the perception of the last.

But really.... Confidence without arrogance is the key to success in most everything in life. Without it you are just another joe....

Just saying... wink.png

ttthailand ... correct me if I'm wrong ... but aren't you just about to turn 70?

Happy to be corrected.

Asking, not telling.

It's all purely subjective...when in the US at 60+ I dated women from 37 to 59.....the 59ish - 50+ all wanted to settle in settle down - a few of the 40's did too - one of which I have very fond memories & will always think about/miss (Thai 45/one son)....and I dated almost exclusively - but not exclusively Asian women (I like them smaller than me and I'm pretty big) because they were more genuine and less entitled.....

The 50ish's wanted to settle into life and go from there - the 40ish's want to be valued (miss-treated along the way) and have a good time/experience...all had their benefits.....a lot of the 40+ women had children and felt trapped/stunted.....I didn't want to become a "Daddy" again...especially right after losing a good daughter.....

Fast forward 5 years - married to a beautiful, in all ways, Thai woman and have a good family....two step daughters that we see every couple of months and love spending time together - family Thai style - no expectations other than mutual respect.....

Times change - people do too.....so - listen to yourself - the settings and the rules might change before your very eyes - and you might just find it's right for you.....

Edited by pgrahmm

Its so easy to become cynical here in thailand To the OP..............enjoy the moment but watch your pocket/atm card/bank account etc. cos once you start giving money it can be hard to stop.

There are gems out there,not always easy to find.The age difference need not be a problem as long as you realise they are making a sacrifice in exchange for some security.The danger can really come if the said lady has a greedy mama and papa back home who will in time put pressure on her to loosen your purse strings.

I sincerely hope it works out,dont get too starry eyed though.

^ Pretty spot on.

The OP's opening line immediately gave me a chuckle, "I AM 55 AND SHE IS 30 WE MET ONLINE AND HIT IT OFF" Sorry to laugh but its hard not to. That is such a familiar scenario in SEAsia. Answering your question, How do you feel about it? Do you feel like you have a relationship or carrying some guilt that you may just be buying a GF? Only you would know that I suspect. I hope it works, sadly a great number do not.

Internet dating always struck me as really weird and I have never done it. Have quite a few acquaintances that do it in the US and a few in Thailand. They would send me links and ask me what I thought. Struck me as odd browsing hundreds of women and picking one out like an item on a shelf at a store. What happened to the good ol days when men and women met in social environments, at work, through friends of friends or by chance like I met my now wife? It all seems like a virtual scam in the works to me. I guess what ever works out.

Remain guarded and watch the cash outlay. More men have been bilked out of their life savings then have actually made it work. One thing I will say, is do not force it, if family starts demanding cash or things pack up your tent and walk away. The internet has more.

Oh and, in my experience, any 21 year old Thai girl who hooks up with a 50+ year old farang is almost guaranteed to be a trout

Hahaha.... So that is what you have experienced. Personal Experience I guess ?

No mate, its what those of us who live here see on a daily basis.

Why do they usually have a one inch swastika tattooed on their inner leg above the ankle.

Why do they usually have stretch marks on the back of their legs (indicating at least one kid)?

Why do they usually have cheap ass tattoos?

Why the e f f cant they walk straight in a pair of stillettos?

Personal experience, yeah you are correct, worked along side them, even the Thais told them this girl is no good, never mind their girl is always different.

• Like 2

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Oh and, in my experience, any 21 year old Thai girl who hooks up with a 50+ year old farang is almost guaranteed to be a trout

Of course not. Just what I've seen.

Why is a GENUINELY hot 21 year old Thai woman going to hook up with a 50+ year old farang guy who often can't speak a word in her language? Wouldn't she be fighting off "buff" Thai guys who speak her language?

If you want to believe that your 21 year old is with you because she loves you and sees a future for you together, that's your prerogative but it's far more likely that you're lying to yourself.

Why not put up a pic if you rate her so highly?

• Like 2

Just do what you feel right for you, 8000 baht a month seems about right, Can she play pool, or drink and if she cannot speak a lot of English 99% she has not worked the bar. Many Thai girls don't like Thai men because most are a waste of space, Thai women don't see age as a barrier, Just give her a chance, best of luck,

• Like 2

Why is a GENUINELY hot 21 year old Thai woman going to hook up with a 50+ year old farang guy who often can't speak a word in her language? Wouldn't she be fighting off "buff" Thai guys who speak her language?

If you want to believe that your 21 year old is with you because she loves you and sees a future for you together, that's your prerogative but it's far more likely that you're lying to yourself.

I think you mean trophy wives. There are available all over the world some men like them some don't. I've had a couple. Trophy wives and construction costs very expensive in the West check with Rupert.

West is nuts on prices. Build a wife a new house in Thai town in California or Bangkok in Thailand.

In Bangkok if you get taken you can live to play another day. In California get rolled and the only place you can go is Salem Oregon or some other hillbilly backwater and waste away your golden years.

• Like 1

I think I was not clear in my original post. Because she started staying with me (I live in the far end of Jomtien) it was costing her much more with motorbike taxis to get to me. Originally she had a room by the hotel. So I got her to give up her job and concentrate on learning English. To compensate I now give her 2,000 baht a week so that she has some independence financially and doesn't need to ask me for money for lunch and song teaws and all the bits that women buy. So she is slightly better off that her previous badly paid job and has the time to spend with me and do her studying. She wins and I get to spend time with her so I win.

The easy solution to her transportation problem is to help her get a motorcycle. Deposit 1000/2000 baht, monthly payment about 2000 baht, problem solved. She can do it in her own name. Tomorrow send her to Mityon shop. She can keep her job. You can make her payments for her and she's still got her job. Win win.

Actually no deposit needed at all. There are 'zero down payment' offers all the time. I recently bought a Yamaha Filano (brandnew, of course) with no (nothing, zilch, zero) down payment and the first installment 45 days later. Only 2150 bahts a month. Gets 50km to a litre. About 40 km to a litre if pottering around town.

And in response to the other post about all those reasons why a young girl would be interested in an old man, let me tell you the real reason, from personal experience. All you have to is to demonstrate that you are genuinely interested in her. The rest is marginal window-dressing. There are lots and lots of young girls who are starved for attention. I know because I face hundreds of them every day.

• Like 2

Confidence attracts a lot of women, good for you (seriously), not many women like a wimpy, self conscious man unless she is a dominant character

Feel free to disagree with me (no offence will be taken) but

for a 50-60 year old to get with a 21 yr old in Thailand

Ok.... Hahaha... I don't want to blow my own horn but I would say your first three are near the mark and perhaps the perception of the last.

But really.... Confidence without arrogance is the key to success in most everything in life. Without it you are just another joe....

Just saying... wink.png

ttthailand ... correct me if I'm wrong ... but aren't you just about to turn 70?

Happy to be corrected.

Asking, not telling.

Mid 50s

• Like 1

Happy to be corrected.

Asking, not telling.

Mid 50s

Sorry Mate ... my Bad ... facepalm.gif

I confused your name with another member with a similar name.

Humblest Apologies.

I'm looking for a Toy Boy. Anyone want to subscribe? But you have to be rich and keep me, whilst i learn some sort of strange language like that one that involves tongue clicking. Takes years.

That would be a sugar daddy. Toy boy you keep. Sugar daddy keeps you.

• Like 1

I speak Thai and have been here a long time, almost 20 years now. I did not just get off the boat. And I don't post photos here for you boys.... Post a few of you and your gf if you like...