‎Finnish National arrested on suspicion of Dealing Ecstacy pills In Pattaya

Rimmer

160baht a pill. I wonder how good the quality was?

It doesn't even say if they have been lab tested yet. They look like firm presses but that doesn't really make much of a difference, they could be bunk pills as it still says 'suspected of selling Ecstasy'. And he was buying them at a bulk price and selling them at 700-1000 a pill

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What a trivial case for an article. Proves how little they are doing about the other 100,000 dealers and users in that area, haha.

Thing is though, yaba is in the same drug classification yet that is physically addictive, more dangerous to the user and creates irrational and harmful behavior, also of course addicts get desperate and do crazy things for it. MDMA will just make you appreciate everything so much more and want to hug people, no addiction. I don't feel anything against the users of MDMA whatsoever

Well, it's very convenient that they found 1000 tablets on him.. I mean as opposed to 96 or 107 for example. not convenient for him though.

I suspect that the quality of the reporting may not be that great..

Actually I feel sorry for him anyway, I know I shouldn't but I just do. The punishment (if convicted) will be out of proportion to the crime.

Are you serious ??

The quoted number is 1000, (1 thousand) while your figures are close to 100 (1 hundred) !!

He is a moron, dealing drugs in any country, let alone a foreign country. Lock him up, I say, & forget about him.

These drugs are ruining many people, both young & old, zero sympathy from me.

You know absolutely nothing whatsoever about ecstasy.

He is certainly extremely careless and idiotic for running around Thailand with such things on him.

But I can have sympathy for someone who's life is now ruined.

You may think that ecstasy ruins lives too, but as I said earlier, you're completely clueless and wrong in regards to it.

I don't really have much sympathy myself to be honest.

The punishment will be absolutely overboard excessive. For selling what is essentially a completely harmless drug, but he knew the risks and was stupid enough to take them.

Exactly, I like every 1 in 60 people back home have enjoyed this very harmless substance but anybody who decides to sell such drugs in this country is beyond stupid. You are literally throwing your life away unless you have mad connections and money. So on that note I do not have much sympathy for him at all, he has made his bed and now he has to sleep in it, shame it will be with 60 other Thai men side by side.

Dealing illegal, hard drugs, as mentioned, is a form of chemical warfare.

They destroy minds, spirits, motivation, marriage and more!

Even weed over many years prevents most from being successful. I've seen it kill motivation and I never knew any person excel and be successful and happy over many years who smoked daily. In later life many exhibited bipolar conditions, however it was never determined what caused the imbalance.

One never knows what the chemical compond consists of, nor the toxic affect it has on the heart mixed with other legal and illegal drugs.

The toxic residue can accumulate and kill suddenly, especially if mixed with alcohol.

Drug dealers kill each other daily worldwide.

Most people who experiment with hard drugs are playing Russian roulette and don't even know it.

Drug dealers are the scourge to society, especially to our children.

I support the Asian drug trafficking death sentence.

Edited by Kabula

Even weed over many years prevents most from being successful. I've seen it kill motivation and I never knew any person excel and be successful and happy over many years who smoked daily. In later life many exhibited bipolar conditions, however it was never determined what caused the imbalance.

One never knows what the chemical compond consists of, nor the toxic affect it has on the heart mixed with other legal and illegal drugs.

The toxic residue can accumulate and kill suddenly, especially if mixed with alcohol.

Most people who experiment with hard drugs are playing Russian roulette and don't even know it.

Smoking weed daily or abusing any drug for that matter is not going to lead anywhere productive is it? Imagine drinking daily, is that going to ruin marriages and lives? Yes it will. The key is moderation.

MDMA if pure is a very safe chemical to ingest and the fact it is illegal makes it less safe as it is made by god knows who. So, drugs such as MDMA, LSD, Mushrooms, these types of substances that have been proven time and time again to be far less harmful than tobacco and alcohol should be made legal, that way they would be of high quality and safer, regulated, taxed and the dealers would have to move on to something else. You cannot stop the consumption of these drugs however hard a government will try, however many dealers they kill or bang up, it's impossible.

When is society going to understand that the war on drugs has been a complete and utter failure? All this 'lock up the dealers and throw away the key' nonsense is just ignorance.

Like other posters have said, feel for the guy, as the punishment will no way fit the crime, but I guess he must have known the risks.

I must admit, i don't have an ounce of sympathy for this person, i've seen too many people destroyed in Thailand through drugs, and having one or two friends who have spent a while in Khlong Prem, believe me you're not going to enjoy that little holiday...........VSF my friend.........VSF

All of your points above are the reasons that drugs of any kind should be legalised.

Want to know what your taking? Regulate it.

Are liquor store owners pharmacist or tobacco sellers killing each other every day? No. Regulate it.

Do children drink under age? Yes, but they have to get someone else to buy it for them. Just now kids can get drugs easier than they can get alcohol. Most dealers don't care what age their customers are. Regulate it.

Regulate it, tax it and spend the revenue helping those who cannot use drugs in a responsible manner whether it be alcohol, heroin, pot etc. The vast majority of drug users use drugs responsibly. Those that don't will do so whether it is legal or not. Regulate it, tax it and try to help all of those kids you are worried about whose families are torn apart by substance abuse. Keeping it illegal benefits no one except criminals, warlords, terrorist etc etc.

Sent from my KFTT using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I must admit, i don't have an ounce of sympathy for this person, i've seen too many people destroyed in Thailand through drugs, and having one or two friends who have spent a while in Khlong Prem, believe me you're not going to enjoy that little holiday...........VSF my friend.........VSF

I love people like you who lump every single drug into one category, ignorance really does prevail and this is a big part of the problem, sheer ignorance.

A good friend on mine died due illegal hard drugs. Do i blame his dealer? No. Both of them was old enough to know what they do. As long the people are not ready to take itself responsible, we need the nanny state.

Smoking weed daily or abusing any drug for that matter is not going to lead anywhere productive is it? Imagine drinking daily, is that going to ruin marriages and lives? Yes it will. The key is moderation.

MDMA if pure is a very safe chemical to ingest and the fact it is illegal makes it less safe as it is made by god knows who. So, drugs such as MDMA, LSD, Mushrooms, these types of substances that have been proven time and time again to be far less harmful than tobacco and alcohol should be made legal, that way they would be of high quality and safer, regulated, taxed and the dealers would have to move on to something else. You cannot stop the consumption of these drugs however hard a government will try, however many dealers they kill or bang up, it's impossible.

You better pray they slow it down because if we poison our children's minds humanity will end in time.

Drugs get stronger as time passes. Understand this not every chemical is safe for every person not knowing what toxic substance is already in the body. Even aspirin taken on a daily basis causes macular degeneration leakage and stomachs can bleed out. It thins the blood and causes small blood vessels to leak.

If you listen to most doctors you will have health problems over time. You will slow the trade down by execution and going after the bankers who launder the money.

It would slow down if people like yourself didn't buy the poison.

The rehab clinic patients would probably agree with your inaccurate observations and statements.

Even right up to the time they jump off a balcony, hang themselves, or kill the entire family, and another family in an auto accident!

Moderation for some leads to addiction.

If you want an exceptional life don't consume any of it!

Edited by Kabula

You better pray they slow it down because if we poison our children's minds humanity will end in time.

Drugs get stronger as time passes. Understand this not every chemical is safe for every person not knowing what toxic substance is already in the body. Even aspirin taken on a daily basis causes macular degeneration leakage and stomachs can bleed out. It thins the blood and causes small blood vessels to leak.

If you listen to most doctors you will have health problems over time. You will slow the trade down by execution and going after the bankers who launder the money.

It would slow down if people like yourself didn't buy the poison.

The rehab clinic patients would probably agree with your inaccurate observations and statements.

Even right up to the time they jump off a balcony, hang themselves, or kill the entire family, and another family in an auto accident!

Moderation for some leads to addiction.

If you want an exceptional life don't consume any of it!

I haven't taken ecstasy in about 7 years, and you can't become physically addicted to it... Even if you tried to take it daily it would have no effect because it takes at least 5 days for the serotonin levels in your brain to replenish, serotonin being what induces the euphoric feeling from ecstasy unlike dopamine from say heroin. Nothing alike, get booked up before you spout

He looks like a genius and I love her nose job -- very Thai TV. He must have traveled overland and bought the pills from some evil neighboring country -- there is no way his supplier was Thai. Ask anybody -- they'll tell you. Bad farang -- he probably corrupted that sweet Issan girl and used her as a puppet...yeah, that's it!

tongue.png

A form of chemical warfare you say?

Fair enough, it isn't, however.

And I can tell you that many VERY successful, squeaky clean on the surface people enjoy taking "hard drugs". I personally know a Doctor, several very successful solicitors and countless well respected teachers.

The fact that unknown adulterants find their way into these drugs is caused by their illegality.

Their illegality is also the reason for the crime, gangs and murders. Because control of these substances has been handed to criminals.

Lots of people want to take drugs, and it is their human right to do so, making them illegal won't stop people, it only forces them to have to deal with shady people.

If we're not free to explore our own consciousness, our own minds, we have no freedom at all.

I support freedom, and an adult approach to recreational drug use.

All of your points above are the reasons that drugs of any kind should be legalised.

Are liquor store owners pharmacist or tobacco sellers killing each other every day? No. Regulate it.

Do children drink under age? Yes, but they have to get someone else to buy it for them. Just now kids can get drugs easier than they can get alcohol. Most dealers don't care what age their customers are. Regulate it.

Regulate it, tax it and spend the revenue helping those who cannot use drugs in a responsible manner whether it be alcohol, heroin, pot etc. The vast majority of drug users use drugs responsibly. Those that don't will do so whether it is legal or not. Regulate it, tax it and try to help all of those kids you are worried about whose families are torn apart by substance abuse. Keeping it illegal benefits no one except criminals, warlords, terrorist etc etc.

Spot on.

In X amount of years time people will look back and see how we dealt with drugs and wonder how we could get it so wrong for so long.

As the saying goes "If you keep doing what you've always done, you'll keep getting what you've always gotten". Therefore just keeping drugs illegal means we'll never solve the problem. Wouldn't it make more sense to try a totally different approach towards it, rather than carrying on with this unwinnable "war".

One thing is for certain, we'd struggle to do any worse than we are currently doing.

Edited by Aceicol

Have a look at where ecstasy is on this chart, also other drugs such as mushrooms and LSD. It shoes harm to user and society

Has anybody noticed how the legal substances tend to be towards the lethal side bar a few exceptions like heroin and crack cocaine of the scale, and the safer ones to the other? By the way this is not composed on amounts of people but ratios. Food for thought.

Colorado has seen a recent drop in crime and has had a huge amount of money from the taxation of weed, and that is just by legalizing one 'harmful dangerous evil drug'

Edited by monk213

Spot on.

In X amount of years time people will look back and see how we dealt with drugs and wonder how we could get it so wrong for so long.

As the saying goes "If you keep doing what you've always done, you'll keep getting what you've always gotten". Therefore just keeping drugs illegal means we'll never solve the problem. Wouldn't it make more sense to try a totally different approach towards it, rather than carrying on with this unwinnable "war".

One thing is for certain, we'd struggle to do any worse than we are currently doing.

hear hear sir, I believe in a PROPER education of drugs to minors and not just propaganda, I think that if someone or a group of people keep doing the same thing even though the outcome results in failure, then they are either insane or stupid, or both. It's time for change and in the West it has started, rapists, pedophiles, murderers, they are set free here yet drug dealers, nope they get either life or the death sentence. Go figure