Likely ban on e-cigarettes, Baraku supported

Lite Beer

non smoker myself, so the powers that be have done a study on the effects of e fags, no, just ban them, funny story last night, i was having a meal at onnut market, 4 ladies eating by me, (big fan going) an oriental man and lady sat down and lit up fags, the smoke from fan was blowing across the ladies table, and reaching my table, one lady got up, marched over and turned the fan round facing them, blowing the smoke into their faces, it was bl**dy classic, the look on their faces he he, one to remember

Most smokers are inconsiderate.

Even with the E cigs!

This week I was dinning in a fine restaurant and two men were puffing on their E cigs and the smoke was so annoying I had to move the plates and glasses to another table.

In view of the foregoing, I'm in favor of a ban on E cigs.

I see idiots stomping out lite cigarettes on hard wood floors in restaurants where they should not even be smoking.

The streets and sidewalks are littered with them.

If you smoke, be considerate.

what smoke? It is steam! Meanwhile you breath in diesel fumes which are the main cause of lung cancer.

Most smokers are inconsiderate.

Even with the E cigs!

This week I was dinning in a fine restaurant and two men were puffing on their E cigs and the smoke was so annoying I had to move the plates and glasses to another table.

In view of the foregoing, I'm in favor of a ban on E cigs.

I see idiots stomping out lite cigarettes on hard wood floors in restaurants where they should not even be smoking.

The streets and sidewalks are littered with them.

If you smoke, be considerate.

I would outright say that you're either lying or deluded. A fine restaurant would never have you move the plates etc. by yourself. Oh, and where there's no fire, there's no smoke.

• Like 1

From the day that I started using my E-cig, I reduced my real cigarettes on day 1 from 35 cigs a day to 2 a day. I still smoke my morning and evening cigarette. Not because I'm stubborn,giggle.gif but because I love to smoke. However, my lungs really disagree with me on that point, so the best second option is e-cigarettes. Whomever stated that e-cigs don't help, should get his head examined. The same goes for people who sometimes complain about the smoke from my e-cig. First of all, it's not smoke, but vapor and second of all, there's no second, third or first hand smoke involved. If you all want to complain about pollution and unhealthy exposure to fumes, look outside the window and see the exhaust fumes from all the cars around you. Let's see what happens if people start complaining if you start your car or your bike. wai2.gif wai2.gif

• Like 2

The ecig industry does need regulation but to ban them would be ludicrous and drive it underground. In Europe vaping is growing at exponential rate and stores to buy the liquid are even replacing the traditional tabac. The last Gitanes factory in France has closed ( partly as a consequence of lower rates of smoking, partly labour costs and production shifted to spain).

Thailand should recognise the saving in reduced health costs as people turn to the less harmful ecig but also consider the potential for revenue through tax.

At the moment many Thais use questionable quality juice from China. With regulation COULD come greater protection for consumers and help people to reduce nicotine consumption ( not to mention the 4000 additives , many carcinogenic, in traditional cigarettes)

Edited by Prbkk

Less wheezing, coughing and spluttering. Less ciggie odour. Nicotine only and none of the harmful chemicals. Much cheaper than ciggies.

Add to that that you can start off on high nicotine level for heavy smokers and gradually reduce the level of nicotine in the e-liquid and thus reduce your dependency on nicotine - what is not to like about e-cigs?

It seems crazy they want to ban them.

Nuff said ...

For every million smokers who switch to e-cigarettes, more than 6,000 lives a year could be saved, according to the University College London team.

Meanwhile another group of London-based experts has attacked criticism of e-cigarettes as "misleading".

http://www.bbc.com/news/health-29061169

Edited by razer
  • Like 1

Just in case, I just ordered a boatload of juices. One 10ml dekang lasts me more than a week, so I should be set for at least half a year. This thing will have disappeared like a fart in a hurricane by then.

I went to my local supplier today, but he was shut. No idea why. Will try again later. Besides the liquid, my main concern is the battery packs.

http://metro.co.uk/2014/08/31/butterscotch-e-cig-liquid-has-links-to-serious-lung-condition-4852183/

An e-cigarette liquid on sale in Newcastle has been found to contain a potentially toxic chemical with links to lung disease.

The butterscotch-flavoured refill, manufactured by the VIP brand, contained diacetyl –a flavouring often found in margarine. But even though it’s safe to eat, doctors have warned that it isn’t safe to inhale.

This chemical has even been associated with a condition called ‘popcorn worker’s lung’. Diacetyl was ingested in large quantities by those working in popcorn factories, as it is one of the main ingredients. But some long-term workers were left so unwell that they required a lung transplant.

http://metro.co.uk/2014/08/31/butterscotch-e-cig-liquid-has-links-to-serious-lung-condition-4852183/

An e-cigarette liquid on sale in Newcastle has been found to contain a potentially toxic chemical with links to lung disease.

The butterscotch-flavoured refill, manufactured by the VIP brand, contained diacetyl –a flavouring often found in margarine. But even though it’s safe to eat, doctors have warned that it isn’t safe to inhale.

This chemical has even been associated with a condition called ‘popcorn worker’s lung’. Diacetyl was ingested in large quantities by those working in popcorn factories, as it is one of the main ingredients. But some long-term workers were left so unwell that they required a lung transplant.

This is indeed a problem. There ought to be some sort of standards for flavouring agents stating them as "vape quality".

Banning e-juices will lead to all sorts of additives used in self mixed juices, including ones that have chemicals that are harmful when inhaled together with the vapor. Counterproductive.

• Like 1

many others who have switched from tobacco products,do not understand where E-Cigarettes fit into the weaning off process of becoming a non smoker.

To reiterate E-Cigarettes are only a means to an end,and not a replacement for Cigartte products! in the end we all have to bite the bullet,and finish with E-Cigarettes loaded with nicotine,which finishing with nicotine is the ultimate objective!

Nice of you to decide for me and everyone else why we are using e-cigs.

I am afraid it is you who does not understand. Not everyone who uses e-cigs are using them as a means to quit nicotine. We don't all have to "bite the bullet" as you say, nor is finishing with nicotine everyone's "ultimate objective".

I have no desire to quit nor have I ever had a desire to quit. A friend is a distributor and he gave me some samples he had left over. I liked it. I have not smoked tobacco in over four months aside from a few cigars, not because I want to quit but because I prefer the e-cigs. As an added bonus I don't smell like smoke, and the health risks are much lower.

My point was aimed at smokers who have switched to E-Cigarettes as an aid to giving up Tobacco Smoking. And the health risks of smoking Electronic nicotine cigarettes as yet have not been medically investigated or proven,but Nicotine as a poison is well proven, but don't let me be a spoil sport! you carry on!

Nicotine as a poison is well proven

Yes. One death in the U.S. due to injecting pure nicotine into the bloodstream as a suicide effort, if I recall correctly. Water is also a poison when administered in large amounts, as is almost every substance. The LD50 levels currently in use seem to be way off, though.

In the concentrations found in e-juices, 0-32mg/ml, it's comparable to smoking cigarettes. Here's a chart for you: http://cdn2.bigcommerce.com/server5800/e16ca/product_images/uploaded_images/veppo-nicotine-chart-3-optimized.jpg?t=1398725710

The studies that exist about nicotine seem to be mostly done by using cigarettes as the delivery method. That adds 4000+ chemicals to the mix. I hope they will now start to study the effect of pure nicotine, which might very well provide surprises.

EDIT: Actually I don't quite get why it has to be nicotine. Caffeine would be nicer.

EDIT2: Another thing that often is left unmentioned. When vaping, it's far easier to puff the vapor into your mouth instead of trying to suck it into your lungs. I generally don't inhale at all, I just like the taste and nicotine, if I have it (I use 0 or 6mg juices), will absorb just as well through my mouth. Only little vapor ever makes it's way to the lungs, but this depends on the habits.

Edited by DrTuner
  • Like 1

This is indeed a problem. There ought to be some sort of standards for flavouring agents stating them as "vape quality".

Banning e-juices will lead to all sorts of additives used in self mixed juices, including ones that have chemicals that are harmful when inhaled together with the vapor. Counterproductive.

The unknown has always been the flavours, they're all safe to eat as food ingredients but who knows what happens when they're inhaled directly into the lungs.

Some of the flavours are known to degrade / melt the plastic tanks on the vapourisers - they literally break down the plastic and it starts to peel off and separate.

This only happens on a few flavours, Cinnamon flavouring is the main culprit for plastic melting.

This is why I use unflavoured nicotine juice. I don't need any fancy flavoured smoke, it smokes just as good without any flavouring.

Before I started using the e-cigarette I didn't smoke flavoured cigarettes, the plain cigarettes were also good enough for me.

Most people will rarely come across the unflavoured juice but it is available if you seek it out. I get mine directly from Mount Baker Vapor in the US.