Chinese victim of Pattaya Beach street robbery

webfact

Chinese victim of Pattaya Beach street robbery

china-1.jpg

PATTAYA: -- On Wednesday a 21 year old Chinese Tourist reported a bag snatch which occurred as she rode her bike with a friend on Pattaya Beach.

Miss Meng Yin Qi and her friend reported the alleged crime at Pattaya Police Station where she confirmed losing her shoulder bag which contained a Digital Camera, 2,000 Baht in cash, a mobile phone and her Passport. She was due to fly back to China on Thursday and broke down in tears as she realized her return would have to be delayed due to the lack of a Travel Document.

To add to her problems, as she drove to the Police Station she was involved in a road accident which left her uninjured but more distraught. She praised the efforts of a Motorbike Taxi Driver who took her and her friend to Pattaya Police Station.

Full story: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/143285/chinese-victim-of-pattaya-beach-street-robbery/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2014-09-05

This is one of the many reasons why you don't carry your passport with you all the time.

and one of the reason to carry your passport with you is:it is law!
I thought that was no longer required?

She would would have been better off keeping it in hotel safe.

• Like 1

This is one of the many reasons why you don't carry your passport with you all the time.

I thought that was no longer required?

She would would have been better off keeping it in hotel safe.

The law is a 20k fine for failing to produce a passport. Of course the police will allow someone to fetch it from the hotel safe before fining.

Geez, I was joking last week when I commented on another story that the chinese will start getting fooled by the locals exactly as mentioned since they're not aware of their foolery.

Yep, the Chinese tourists from the mainland are very vulnerable to theft, overcharging, and other scams. It was nice to read in the OP that she was helped by a motorcycle taxi driver to the police station after she'd had her crash..

Wrong ! 1zgarz5.gif read the latest comments from the Deputy Commander and Police Colonel Voravat Amornvivatrolleyes.gif

Edited by Asiantravel

I will argue this.

What is worse: 20,000 baht fine, time in prison, and having your passport red stanped OR losing a purse? Nope, as long as they can BIBu then carry the passport.

Used to carry a copy round with me but being asked the carry your passport around with you all the time is crazy

I agree

Geez, I was joking last week when I commented on another story that the chinese will start getting fooled by the locals exactly as mentioned since they're not aware of their foolery.

Yep, the Chinese tourists from the mainland are very vulnerable to theft, overcharging, and other scams. It was nice to read in the OP that she was helped by a motorcycle taxi driver to the police station after she'd had her crash..

Why should a Chinese tourist be more vulnerable than any other tourist particularly as this is the kind of behaviour along with many other scams they have towards tourists in China. My sympathy for the girl but she needs to be more careful and praise for the motorcycle taxi driver.

This is sad...

given the number of wallets and bags snatched, they must be thrown away somewhere, are the never found and although all the money and other valuables have been taken I am sure many will still have credit cards, passports in them, are they never returned???

Two posts continuing the passport carrying or not debate were removed. That has been covered in other threads and future posts of such nature will be removed from this topic with no further explanation since everyone was asked earlier to stay on the main topic. Thank you.

This is sad...

given the number of wallets and bags snatched, they must be thrown away somewhere, are the never found and although all the money and other valuables have been taken I am sure many will still have credit cards, passports in them, are they never returned???

There used to be a lost and found basket at Soi 9 police station where many, many, passports and credit cards and empty wallets were kept. Not seen that recently but that is always a good place to ask if something has been lost. The basket must be there somewhere in another room ?

People do bring in such stuff surprisingly and that re-affirms faith in some peoples honesty.

This is all to common, and deters people from visiting Thailand,

It isn`t common at all and even if it was,it will never deter tourist from coming here.For 99% of tourists Thailand is still the Land Of Smiles and the same 99% never reads news from Thailand................or participate on expat forums like TV coffee1.gif .......................