Woman beheaded in London attack

webfact

Woman beheaded in London attack

LONDON: -- An 82-year-old woman was beheaded in a London garden by a man with a machete on Thursday (London time).

Palmira Silva, a widow and grandmother, was decapitated outside her house in an apparent frenzied assault by a 25-year-old man who randomly targeted victims.

Witnesses said they saw the man, wielding a foot-long blade, attack a passing vehicle and a cat before roaming back gardens for a victim. Police believe the man also tried to attack two people at another home in the street, but they were able to escape without injury.

The man was arrested after armed police, who had distracted him to avoid other attacks, cornered him in a house and brought him down with a stun gun. Some officers were injured.

Ms Silva was pronounced dead at the scene.

Local Lauren Perkins told the Enfield Independent: "I was walking down the road when I saw a man with a big knife walking down the street.

"Then I saw some police come down and they told me to get off the road. I just can't believe something like that would happen. It's just so shocking."

One line of inquiry for detectives is understood to be that the man was inspired by recent footage of terrorists beheading two American journalists in Syria.

Some residents of the area, in Edmonton, north London, claimed last night that the suspect was a local man who had converted to Islam last year, but those claims could not be verified. Detectives said they had ruled out terrorism as a motive for the killing.

Full story: http://www.theage.com.au/world/woman-beheaded-in-london-attack-20140905-10cpzm.html

theage.jpg
-- The Age 2014-09-05

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Recent convert - randomly targeted?

He did try to attack a car and a cat as well so right now I reckon drugs and/or serious mental illness.

Yep, a beheaded cat was located, from a media report "A local resident described seeing a man brandishing a machete and shouting about cats." Plus "Whilst it is too early to speculate on what the motive behind this attack was I am confident, based on the information currently available to me, that it is not terrorist related." Have to wait & see if the investigation later proves otherwise

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-29068391

• Like 1

Recent convert - randomly targeted?

He did try to attack a car and a cat as well so right now I reckon drugs and/or serious mental illness.

Yep, a beheaded cat was located, from a media report "A local resident described seeing a man brandishing a machete and shouting about cats." Plus "Whilst it is too early to speculate on what the motive behind this attack was I am confident, based on the information currently available to me, that it is not terrorist related." Have to wait & see if the investigation later proves otherwise

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-29068391

Drugs, completely nuts and likely been watching beheadings on t'internet. Yes lets wait and see.

• Like 1

First Lee Rigby. And now this?

The UK really needs to wake up to this homegrown terror threat.

You may call it 'home grown'; but the roots are foreign immigrants..

Also read the names of the neighbours.

None in England would have had such names when I was living in the borough of Enfield 50 years ago.

It is the place many immigrants head for as the housing and benefit offices are run by [the real rulers of welfare in Edmonton] left wing loonies who made it their business to work in such positions.

Edmonton is now ruled by black gangs who have divided the borough into territories .The white kids must defer to these gang leaders and now speak in 'Jamaican patoir' to get by.

Many of these gang leaders have aggressive dogs on chain leads.

When stopped [not often] by the police they claim they are 'Walking their grandmother's dog'.

Edited by for real
  • Like 2

RIP Ms Silva.

The report makes it clear that nobody yet knows if he is a Muslim or not, and also makes it clear that the motive is unknown. But people will jump to conclusions and start mouthing off.

Some residents of the area, in Edmonton, north London, claimed last night that the suspect was a local man who had converted to Islam last year, but those claims could not be verified. Detectives said they had ruled out terrorism as a motive for the killing.

Stick to the facts.

"One line of inquiry for detectives is understood to be that the man was inspired by recent footage of terrorists beheading two American journalists in Syria."
"Some residents of the area, in Edmonton, north London, claimed last night that the suspect was a local man who had converted to Islam last year, but those claims could not be verified. Detectives said they had ruled out terrorism as a motive for the killing."
What are facts? 3 witnesses in a court of law can get you condemned to death. Witnesses aren't verification? They should never be allowed in a courtroom?
This just sounds like more BS police and press PC talk to me.
  • Like 2

And Cameron gonna use this to scare us so he can go with the USA and bomb

Iraq and Syria because assad won't play with the West.

We sold the gas to saddam to gas the kurds.

Now we want to arm the kurds.

All about shell /BP oilfields in kirkuk.

The kurds will fight to the death because they want a homeland.

And hopefully they will play ball with us.

The wahabi. Are the real nutters here.

They like polpot want to turn back the clock to yesteryear.

And the wahabi 's come from Saudi.

Root all the nutters and you come to Saudi Arabia.

I drove the arabs in london for many years before.

They make us infidels look like saints

• Like 1

I am confident, based on the information currently available to me, that it is not terrorist related."

And which information do you have that is unavailable to anyone else?

It was a quote from the police representative at the URL I provided, so how about an apology for a false insinuation.

Just to remind you, that you conveniently did not quote, what I went on to say, let's see if further investigations prove otherwise. I do not believe it was a PC statement by the police. This murder will come under intense scrutiny by the media, any BS will be quickly discovered and highly likely to be career ending

Edited by simple1
  • Like 2

Following the recent videos of the nutters beheading the kidnapped journalists, I hope this is not another craze that will take off similar to the "Ice Bucket Challenge" (which has really got on my nerves).

RIP to the Lady and the Journalists.

Edited by soihok
  • Like 1