Waterworks has backup plan for low-running Mabprachan

Rimmer

Waterworks has backup plan for low-running Mabprachan

n6water1.jpg

PATTAYA:--A dryer than normal rainy season has Pattaya Waterworks Authority officials preparing backup plans should East Pattaya run low on tap water.

PWA regional manager Suthat Nuchtpal said the Mabprachan Reservoir is running dangerously low, restricting the utility’s ability to turn hard water into tap water.

Pattaya uses about 220,000 cu. meters of water a day on weekends and holidays, putting a strain on the entire system.

- See more at: http://www.pattayamail.com/localnews/waterworks-has-backup-plan-for-low-running-mabprachan-40895#sthash.CourhcVB.dpuf

pattayamaillogo.png
-- Pattaya Mail 2014-09-05 footer_n.gif

And yet the condo and hotel construction boom continues apace. I've never seen the lake so low but strangely enough, water cut-offs on the Darkside have been few and far between. and who the heck knows what's going on with the region's water table, with all the ground-water pumping that's going on to fill the surface water gap. Road and home subsistence as well as sinkholes will surely figure more prominently in the future.

I can never understand how a tropical country that suffers from massive annual flooding also suffers from annual regional water shortages. You would think that the responsible state agencies would harness these abundant and valuable water resources for the Nation's use.

Edited by OMGImInPattaya

The main problem is the Water Works are currently dredging the reservoir to make it deeper and build up the shoreline which has increased the water capacity dramatically. Should be very nice once finished though.

With all of the construction happening.....maybe the water company should kill two birds with one stone.... buy suitable land and start excavation for a new reservoir, and sell the soil for infill and making up of the building sites .....which is always needed here

Self financing also

But what do I know ? I'm just a Farang laugh.png

I am writing this as I sit in my newly rented townhouse waiting for the water to come back on so I can go to the toilet and take a shower on Monday September 8th 2014 at 1300... The townhouse is located in East Pattaya less then 1km from lake Maphrachan. Now what amazes me is this townhouse has no water tank or the pump to go with it... With it being common knowledge that one can not rely on water being availble from the city why did the owner not install the much needed holding tank and pump? I did not notice this fact on the initial inspection and I am one being told the owner will not install the customary water backup system. So what are my options here? Any reasonable ideas / suggestions will be appreciated....

I am writing this as I sit in my newly rented townhouse waiting for the water to come back on so I can go to the toilet and take a shower on Monday September 8th 2014 at 1300... The townhouse is located in East Pattaya less then 1km from lake Maphrachan. Now what amazes me is this townhouse has no water tank or the pump to go with it... With it being common knowledge that one can not rely on water being availble from the city why did the owner not install the much needed holding tank and pump? I did not notice this fact on the initial inspection and I am one being told the owner will not install the customary water backup system. So what are my options here? Any reasonable ideas / suggestions will be appreciated....

At the end of the day these things are all about money. If I were in your position I would ask for a face-to-face meeting with the owner (without any agent present ) and try to reason with him her about your situation. I heard that they're forecasting that next year is going to be even drier than this year in Thailand so they will have to to do something to be able to keep the property rented. Ultimately, if you have to as a last resort I would offer to pay a slightly higher rent if he/she agreed to put in the tank and pump .

Otherwise it's going to be miserable for you with your existing situation.

Dig a hole?

• Like 1

Dig a hole?

next time he rents a house make sure it has a water tank & pump ?

Yep buyer beware... But when the water is flowing the pressure is fantastic, the best I have experienced in my 9 years living in Thailand. I have no idea why except maybe we are close to a pumping station... Btw, If I start to get miserable I will buy my own tank and pump. I will build a small pump house on a flatbed trailer which will include the holding tank that way I can easily take it with me when it comes time to relocate....

Let the good times roll...

Buy a 200 litre plastic bin to keep in the bathroom and fill it when the the water is on and keep the lid on. That way you have a source of water when the authorities turn the mains off. You can have a "bucket shower" and can flush the toilet manually. Not ideal but it worked for me. You can get a smaller plastic container if you want or if you do not have the room.