Where to Find Rubber Washers in CM

pgrahmm

I having the hardest time finding what I need for a simple project.....I have been to Thaiwastadu, Home Pro, Global but no luck......it is such an easy task stateside but difficult here......

I am mounting some LED lights on a bumper - the last set bascially vibrated (solid mount) and broke the mount integrity after 6 months......I found the bolts and metal flat washers at Thaiwatsadu - but seems like they have not clue - or stock - of lock washers which I will use to secure and double nut as these lights are not sold here.......which I'm sure I will find.....3/8" bolt.....

But the thing I cannot find is rubber washers - something I can put on each side of the bumper to cushion/dampen the effects of the road vibration.....

Does anyone know of a shop that might have an assortment of these????? Seems to me that installation shops - body shops - motorcycle shops and general hardware shops should have these....

Even flat neopreme (such as found at ACE in US) that I can cut, shape, and hole to fabricate would be great......

But I cannot find - anybody have any places or ideas in mind.......?

Other than that all I can think of is to get some automotive hose - cut/slice/flatten/drill.....

Mods - please do not move to automotive - even though this project is for a vehicle there's other applications.....

I doubt that rubber washers will solve your vibration problem. Probably let the brackets shake even more.

I would suggest increasing the mounting area and spreading the load by using extra large metal washers or better still sheet metal plate behind the bumper as large as is practical.

Yea! spring washers are a endangered species in LOS. After tightening the nut I paint on some of the wife's nail polish on the thread and let it seep in between the nut and the bolt. Or if you prefer you can use super glue.

The rubber washers that come with tap fittings and shower hoses can be useful or thicker/bigger ones can be made by cutting up those sticky rubber pads they sell for putting on the legs of chairs and the like.

smile.png

The bumper is an ARB clone - and as far as I can tell is pretty much the same as my ARB on my 4x4's (2) in the US......it's far from a stock bumper flex-wise.....

perhaps I should have mentioned that initially....it does not flex as a "stock" bumper would.....my career in the US was automotive service oriented so I've got a fair idea of what will work as a solution....I like the KC lights and illumination (and in fact; have a some of 130W on standby) but do not want the battery draw .....

Edited by pgrahmm

To improvise i have two ideas.

You can get a pack of rubber grommetts used in the metal electrical backboxes. Used where the cable penetrates the sharp metal box.

Also you can buy rubber feet for furniture for 18bt a piece and cut yourself.

At global the rubber feet in the kitchen section at the front and near the electricals.

Short of cutting tires apart I'm open to everything - thanks.....

Rubber car mat, sold everywhere for almost nothing.

I have thought about that & have looked, thank you..... - but mostly plastic w/o the benefit of woven cotton/material in between - would break down quickly in the heat.........