Sliding ragtop for SUV

MikeTheDike

Hi,

Does anyone knows of a place who can install a sliding ragtop on a Honda CR-V? would be something like this:

If that place can get all the parts (frame, canvas fittings etc.) by itself that would be great as I prefer not to import the parts (but will if that's the only option)

Also, any idea of the cost?

Thank you for your assistance.

post-219926-0-28794400-1409915796_thumb.

post-219926-0-78949800-1409915797_thumb.

LOL smile.png

I plan on keeping this CR-V for many years so selling it is not an issue.

In any case, the experience and fun is more what i'm focused on.

Not sure why you want to do this but ours not to reason why. Just think in our climate a more heavily insulated sun roof which allows the air con to fully function might be a tad more comfortable. Maybe I am missing something. Remember owning a 2CV many years ago which had this sort of canvas top and it was great fun but in Europe. Perhaps after the climate doesn't matter

LOL smile.png

Not sure why you want to do this but ours not to reason why. Just think in our climate a more heavily insulated sun roof which allows the air con to fully function might be a tad more comfortable. Maybe I am missing something. Remember owning a 2CV many years ago which had this sort of canvas top and it was great fun but in Europe. Perhaps after the climate doesn't matter

Would also come in handy during Songkran!

LOL smile.png

Canvas takes little space when it's folded so it's possible to almost eliminate the roof entirly which gives an almost jeep like feeling (but with the comfort of closing the roof with a button when the rain comes)

Sunroof can't get this result.

Spoonman you beat me to it….

The motor industry spends millions on design features, and the main concern is safety…

You will probably find that there is a strengthening cross member between the B posts (door posts) under the roof panel

that prevents the roof crumpling in the event of a roll over.

You will also find that in the event of an accident that the insurance company will refuse to payout due to the modification.

Just saying like….

Have a Nice Day.

Cutting a hole that big into a CRV roof is going to compromise the vehicle structure.

You are absolutely right, but to be honest, speaking from a personal standpoint, there are several things in Thailand that I can think about which will compromise my structure much sooner than this hole lol :)

You will also find that in the event of an accident that the insurance company will refuse to payout due to the modification.

Just saying like….

Have a Nice Day.

Now that's an important issue, assuming that the modification was approved by the insurance company before and after the modification and all changes were legaly updated in the Blue book, will they be able to refuse payment in case of an accident?

Ask your insurance company if they will approve the massive hole in the roof before you start cutting.

Not saying they won't approve the mod but they will want the appropriate engineering reports to prove the vehicle structural integrity has not been compromised (paying out claims for dead passengers becomes expensive), you will also need these engineer reports for the blue book as well.

Ask your insurance company if they will approve the massive hole in the roof before you start cutting.

Not saying they won't approve the mod but they will want the appropriate engineering reports to prove the vehicle structural integrity has not been compromised (paying out claims for dead passengers becomes expensive), you will also need these engineer reports for the blue book as well.

Dead passengers are relatively cheap, permanent disability is where the expense is.

Dead passengers are relatively cheap, permanent disability is where the expense is.

Yeah but the disable can go beg on the streets to recoup some coin.

Your right. Anyone not getting everyone on board is being foolish, even in LOS.