PHUKET NEWS TV: Russian Comments 'Revolting'

Lite Beer

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Why? Because the vast majority of people who come into contact with Russians don't like them. And with very good reason

What's the "very good reason" ? Please explain smile.png

The "very good reason" is that the Russians are better than them in every way and so they hate them out of petty jealousy. These people are from the West, How dare people from the East turn up with better looks and more money. It's just not right that others have more money than them. It felt great having a little bit more money that the poor Thais they hang around, but now the wealthy Russians have spoilt everything. The Russians have shown them to be the cheapskates that they really are. It is so funny seeing them get their comeuppance.

Amazing and very well put.

• Like 1

Look at the fascist putin's rating, he is 85% supported by russians. As I were born in the former soviet union, I lived among them all my life. So believe me they are rude and ignorant not because they "sound" rude or can not behave. It is because they are just an arrogant bunch... Even at the soviet times living among people of other nationalities they treated others like second sort. I understand their language and what I can hear are constant complains about Thais and about foreigners. How many times I saw them bullying gays or senior Thais. What they always like to say is that the only problem in Thailand are Thais and foreigners. So dont be surprised if one day putin will come to defend his russian majority here. Get rid of them as fast as you can. The only business will suffer in Phuket and Pattaya will be baht busses and 7/11. Money for their tours never reach Thailand anyway.

Hi, your post history http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/user/171451-lattrendi/

Thank you for pointing out you are a Racist.

• Like 2

Please don't describe them as wealthy russians , most of them are on low salaries back in Russia , but for the first time they can afford to travel out of their cold country . They pay only $300 to get here from siberia . And they live on a budget , not everyone , but maybe 80% . But they come as a family and they are happy together so nothing wrong with that . Maybe they dont like other foreigners and thats fine too.

• Like 1

Please don't describe them as wealthy russians , most of them are on low salaries back in Russia , but for the first time they can afford to travel out of their cold country . They pay only $300 to get here from siberia . And they live on a budget , not everyone , but maybe 80% . But they come as a family and they are happy together so nothing wrong with that . Maybe they dont like other foreigners and thats fine too.

Hi balo, please provide facts about (most of them) to back that up. We patiently await your reply.

Look at the fascist putin's rating, he is 85% supported by russians. As I were born in the former soviet union, I lived among them all my life. So believe me they are rude and ignorant not because they "sound" rude or can not behave. It is because they are just an arrogant bunch... Even at the soviet times living among people of other nationalities they treated others like second sort. I understand their language and what I can hear are constant complains about Thais and about foreigners. How many times I saw them bullying gays or senior Thais. What they always like to say is that the only problem in Thailand are Thais and foreigners. So dont be surprised if one day putin will come to defend his russian majority here. Get rid of them as fast as you can. The only business will suffer in Phuket and Pattaya will be baht busses and 7/11. Money for their tours never reach Thailand anyway.

I don't think dislike of Russian tourists is really racism.

He's right that the vast majority of Russians do support the dictator Putin (though the fact that he completely controls their press could be a factor in that).

Also the vast majority of Russians according to polls do support Putin's disgusting scapegoating campaign against gay people.

In Pattaya, I have indeed noticed Russians being extremely homophobic towards transgender and gay people, but happily I have not witnessed a violent incident related to that.

Of course back in Russia, violence against gays is at high levels. Perhaps there is better behavior while abroad? In any case, it does offend to see this kind of hatred and intolerance of sexual minorities exported in any way from Russia to Thailand.

My main annoyance with Russian tourists (I really don't care if they smile or not, that's their business) is a tendency for lack of consideration for the SPACE of others.

Richer or not, some are richer, some are poorer, but yes many are very good looking ... and often dress in a bizarre fashion, so that is certainly free entertainment for people watchers.

The OP article is hard to take seriously. Didn't the reporter say there is a business/money connection between the English and Russian language "press" outfits?

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 2

He's the right the vast majority of Russians do support the dictator Putin (though the fact that he completely controls their press could be a factor in that).

Also the vast majority of Russians according to polls do support Putin's disgusting scapegoating campaign against gay people.

In Pattaya, I have indeed noticed Russians being extremely homophobic towards transgender and gay people, but happily to have to witness a violent incident.

Of course back in Russia, violence against gays is at high levels. Perhaps there is better behavior while abroad?

My main annoyance with Russian tourists (I really don't care if they smile or not, that's their business) is a tendency for lack of consideration for the SPACE of others.

Richer or not, some are richer, some are poorer, but yes many are very good looking ... and often dress in a bizarre fashion, so that is certainly free entertainment for people watchers.

WOW, you turned a normal discussion to being about gay people. Says much about you.

• Like 1

He's the right the vast majority of Russians do support the dictator Putin (though the fact that he completely controls their press could be a factor in that).

In Pattaya, I have indeed noticed Russians being extremely homophobic towards transgender and gay people, but happily to have to witness a violent incident.

Of course back in Russia, violence against gays is at high levels. Perhaps there is better behavior while abroad?

WOW, you turned a normal discussion to being about gay people. Says much about you.

Scapegoating of gay people is a major factor in Putin politics. I encounter Russians every day. In fact, the majority of people I encounter every day are indeed Russians. So I merely pointed out my biggest issues with these tourists -- lack of respect for space and homophobia but happily not seemingly usually of a VIOLENT nature (so that's good). Totally and normally ON TOPIC.

As far as the not smiling thing ... I understand why people perceive that. I see Russians smiling with each other. They don't smile at strangers. In Russian culture, that means you are a MORON. I can see their point on that.

If we were talking about other nationalities, I would have some criticisms as well. But the topic here, unless I read it wrong, is Russians.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

So TacoHell creates a new account just to take people to task for negative comments on some FB page... Even to the point of finding out who these people are and boycotting their business... Who gives a ratz ass about anything said on social media? Here's a hint, if you do, you need a life...

Hi balo, please provide facts about (most of them) to back that up. We patiently await your reply.

I know Russians here , I live with them , they are my neighbours.

I know a lady that told me about the tour operators in Siberia , and what they pay for flights and hotel and the average salary over there.

So what is your point ?

I am not against the Russians here on vacation , if you want to find out about the average salary in siberia I suggest you to use google. Yes there is a difference between a Russian living and working in Moscow compared with other parrts in eastern parts of Russia. But the majority of russians in Thailand comes from the poorer part of russia .

You come in here as a new member and try to do what ? Are you on a mission or something ?

• Like 1

I know Russians here , I live with them , they are my neighbours.

I know a lady that told me about the tour operators in Siberia , and what they pay for flights and hotel and the average salary over there.

So what is your point ?

I am not against the Russians here on vacation , if you want to find out about the average salary in siberia I suggest you to use google. Yes there is a difference between a Russian living and working in Moscow compared with other parrts in eastern parts of Russia. But the majority of russians in Thailand comes from the poorer part of russia .

You come in here as a new member and try to do what ? Are you on a mission or something ?

yes, you know people. LOL

In my opinion, when one demographic becomes the majority/dominant demographic in a tourist destination, that can produce noticeable changes, potentially pleasant or unpleasant. The demographic that is dominant has a specific culture so the nature of those changes is culture dependent. For example, if Phuket (or Pattaya) was overrun next year with Mexicans (a man can dream!) instead of Russians you would notice some big changes. They would be different than the changes from large masses of Russians. Some you might like, some you might not.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 2

In my opinion, when one demographic becomes the majority/dominant demographic in a tourist destination, that can produce noticeable changes, potentially pleasant or unpleasant. The demographic that is dominant has a specific culture so the nature of those changes is culture dependent. For example, if Phuket (or Pattaya) was overrun next year with Mexicans (a man can dream!) instead of Russians you would notice some big changes. They would be different than the changes from large masses of Russians. Some you might like, some you might not.

I would embrace some amazing tacos. But, for some reason people hate the Russians. Why?