Kitchen worktop miter, where to find someone to do it in Bkk?

Steiner

Fitting a new kitchen but having difficulty finding someone to miter the worktop!

It is only a standard postformed worktop, asked a few Thais who say they can but then disappear.

Tried to buy a jig to cut it, can't find one anywhere here.

Anyone used a local that knew how to do this?

If there is any farang with the skills and the tools give me a shout.

Unless you are using granite is there a need to mitre a chipboard post formed worktop?

Can you accept a butt joint with a metal joint strip?

Much easier to do and looks ok aswell.

Mitreing jigging and fitting biscuits the proffesional way is not an easy task.

Do you mind posting a photo of your 'jig' ?... I was looking at a mitering saw and miter box today in a 'Mom and Pop' hardware store - the typical kind of shop seen all over Thailand... If what you want is what I think it is I can help you find one ... As an American I may have different words to describe tools....

http://www.google.co.th/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CBsQtwIwAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fm.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D_4F6pOoy2-8&ei=IxELVPCeIMXIuATb3YIQ&usg=AFQjCNHACGq1BeckPH95SvMw31iQndrhRA

If that link works its an excellent diy video of how to joint worktops using a jig and router.

Now you can see the importance of a pro jig.

The OP does not want a mitre box thosr are for pieces of wood upto six inch wide.

http://www.google.co.th/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CBsQtwIwAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fm.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D_4F6pOoy2-8&ei=IxELVPCeIMXIuATb3YIQ&usg=AFQjCNHACGq1BeckPH95SvMw31iQndrhRA

If that link works its an excellent diy video of how to joint worktops using a jig and router.

Now you can see the importance of a pro jig.

The OP does not want a mitre box thosr are for pieces of wood upto six inch wide.

Thus the reason I asked my question ... he spoke of 'miter' I do believe ... I wanted clarification ... not from you but from the OP

Edited by JDGRUEN

I see the supplied video ... as there are many people from different countries on TVF... what was in the video is showing a router using a jig ... and in the terminology of America and others 'miter' - 'mitre' has little or nothing to do with it ...

There is nothing wrong with using any terminology - but assuming what terms you use is in world wide use is a bit off..

Such things as 'work top' is a 'counter top' in America ...

Just a little go along to get along is a good thing.

Edited by JDGRUEN

Unless you are using granite is there a need to mitre a chipboard post formed worktop?

Can you accept a butt joint with a metal joint strip?

Much easier to do and looks ok aswell.

Mitreing jigging and fitting biscuits the proffesional way is not an easy task.

Ewww ! "Salmonella strips"sick.gif

Lets not get too giddy; there is the same chance getting salmonella from gunk around the taps and the hob sealant.

Cleaning is the answer regardless what you have.

Having said that ok metal strip wouldnt be something i personally would entertain but in a cheap kitchen for rentals its perfectly adequate.

I see the supplied video ... as there are many people from different countries on TVF... what was in the video is showing a router using a jig ... and in the terminology of America and others 'miter' - 'mitre' has little or nothing to do with it ...

There is nothing wrong with using any terminology - but assuming what terms you use is in world wide use is a bit off..

Such things as 'work top' is a 'counter top' in America ...

Just a little go along to get along is a good thing.

You are right of course building terminology is just one example of how the English language has been abused by others.:rolleyes: