New in CM

Pless101

Hi forum.

Hope someone can help me here smile.png

I am new in Chiang Mai, been out a few times but really not the way I want to live.

Only reason I go to bars is because I am pretty board at my hotel.

I am hoping to make a live here but that will require getting to know the right kind of people.

Are there any in this forum who can help me?
What I am asking for is someone to show me the way to find real friends here

There is a CM expats club.....they have coffee get togethers - monthly meetings & and special interest groups that some meet weekly.....you can probably find them online & show up - I think it's 1000TB for lifetime card and you'll be piped into a lot of people & interests.....

Also some sports clubs on FB......

In the meantime get out and wander around - might stumble onto so interesting stuff.....

Okay smile.png

Climbing and a place where all expats go to learn Thai

Also some firtness workout.

Really really tired of bars, not what I came for

Loads of people running up the mountain paths.

(or walking quickly up then running down)

Not so popular in the rainy season though, as it's a bit dangerous.

Would need to know your age, nationality and fitness level.

Let me add a word for the Chiang Mai Fencing Club. Many of the CMU fencers come down to fence with us, especially the boys on the Thai National team.

We meet every Saturday, and welcome all ages and fitness levels, and provide free lessons for the beginners.

CMU Aikido Club aikidocmu.wordpress.com/

Japan Karate Institute Wado Kai www.japankarate-cnx.net

I don't know of anything for the fencing club. You could stop by the Student Union Building and ask.

There is also Thai sword and there used to be Tae Kwond Do, but I think Tae Kwon Do practices somewhere else now.

There are also a lot of things going on in the gymnasium of CMU.... judo, Muay Thai, boxing, and others.

Edit: Also a kendo club

Edited by hml367

Been there - done that.....you're lucky to be still breathing......

On FB there's a few what's happening - where - when groups devoted to CM.....

Hehe, yes seems like a more open culture here

Yes - you're allowed to have a sense of humor here.....

Don't try to follow Thai logic - go with the flow - have a ready smile and have fun with it and soon it will feel like home <> quickly.....

Lots to do but... Be careful not to get swindled by Thai girls. Many foreigners became destitute after being kicked out of their homes by their Thai wives.

Dont have any :)

Only seen bargirls so far and dont really want them.

But do hope to meet a nice girl so a frw pointers are welcome thumbsup.gif

Jeez - 55555 - he just got into town and had the foresight to ask here.....but.....you offer good advice.....Thai women are the very best when good - the very worst when bad & subtly softly pursuasive.....take your time and get to know many....many Thai girls fall in love fast especially with a good man - the trick is skilfully find out exactly what kind you're getting involved with.....

If the OP truly does not care for bars then he has one step in the right direction...when in doubt take time out and get a nice oil massage - just don't take out/date the gal that's giving it to you.....

Less sharks cirlcing in CM - but they are out there.....

Yes if you don't care much about bars then you are one step in the right direction. As long as you don't show that you have money, the sharks won't be circling around you.. It takes affinity to meet your true one and time will tell if she's right for you. Good luck and enjoy CM:)

Jeez - 55555 - he just got into town and had the foresight to ask here.....but.....you offer good advice.....Thai women are the very best when good - the very worst when bad & subtly softly pursuasive.....take your time and get to know many....many Thai girls fall in love fast especially with a good man - the trick is skilfully find out exactly what kind you're getting involved with.....

If the OP truly does not care for bars then he has one step in the right direction...when in doubt take time out and get a nice oil massage - just don't take out/date the gal that's giving it to you.....

Less sharks cirlcing in CM - but they are out there.....

Well think first sttep for me is friends here.

Do take time to build but seems like the right way to go about it

• Like 1