Scottish independence: Yes camp hails 'momentum'

Lite Beer

English history in six easy steps -

1. Got done in by the Romans.

2. Got done in by the Saxons.

3. Got done in by the French.

4. Got done in by the Scots.

5. Got done in by the plague.

6. Got done in by the Scots again when we joined them and sucked them dry for 307 years. Now they're £1.4 trillion in debt, we'll just leave them to it.

What a useless nation.

Can't be that bad. Even Salmond wants to keep the Pound and the Queen.

Please stop with the hate speech.

It's not hate speech - its observation - a big difference.

I will ask any Englishman on this thread an honest, and genuine question -------------

When you think of the last 300 years - the growth of Empire, the Industrial Age, the Victorian era, WW1, WW2 - the Cold War - the establishment of the welfare state, the NHS etc - do you look at them as English achievements? or British achievements?

I know plenty of Englishmen that would say English - and look at you like a quizzical Labrador when you start laughing. The rise of English nationalism and fascism has driven a wedge between our nations. It's no mistake that it's not only Scotland that is reacting, but Wales too, where Tories are a dying breed.

35 years of marching to the RIGHT - and we Celts are wondering what's wrong with you.

• Like 2

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

English history in six easy steps -

1. Got done in by the Romans.

2. Got done in by the Saxons.

3. Got done in by the French.

4. Got done in by the Scots.

5. Got done in by the plague.

6. Got done in by the Scots again when we joined them and sucked them dry for 307 years. Now they're £1.4 trillion in debt, we'll just leave them to it.

What a useless nation.

Can't be that bad. Even Salmond wants to keep the Pound and the Queen.

Please stop with the hate speech.

It's not hate speech - its observation - a big difference.

I will ask any Englishman on this thread an honest, and genuine question -------------

When you think of the last 300 years - the growth of Empire, the Industrial Age, the Victorian era, WW1, WW2 - the Cold War - the establishment of the welfare state, the NHS etc - do you look at them as English achievements? or British achievements?

I know plenty of Englishmen that would say English - and look at you like a quizzical Labrador when you start laughing. The rise of English nationalism and fascism has driven a wedge between our nations. It's no mistake that it's not only Scotland that is reacting, but Wales too, where Tories are a dying breed.

35 years of marching to the RIGHT - and we Celts are wondering what's wrong with you.

No it isn't. It's hate speech and it weakens your arguements.

Concentrate on the practicalities of independence and how it will actually work on a peoples level and rise above the rhetoric.

• Like 1

i sincerely hope the true Scots get what they want/deserve . . . . thumbsup.gif

sadly they are up against a mighty opponent with the snooty British english establishment that probably caring nothing more than how the union jack will look afterwards, and oh what an embarrassment to the queen it would be.

The Queen has told Cameron to go eff himself - she's not stooping to political intervention to protect his sorry ass.

http://www.thecourier.co.uk/news/politics/queen-will-not-back-the-union-ahead-of-independence-referendum-1.422113

Truthfully - I would have been astounded if she did.

good . . . thumbsup.gif (hope that's how she/they surrounding her really feel)

• Like 1

The yes campaign has a big following in the 16-18 yr old range (all eligible to vote of course), who have been fed too much Brave Heart and Rob Roy for their own good. I really hope people stop and think what they are doing, once the result of the vote is done there is no going back.

Yes it's Braveheart,Rob Roy,and Alex Salmond,three myths if there was one?

I have mixed feelings about the YES and No Vote,being Gentlemanly I would like to see our respective Countries stick together as we have done through thick and thin,for the past 300 years,like a marriage gone wrong,where a split up after the legalities may see both parties worse off than they are now!

My own personal views,which are contrasting with "The better together view" From the English view,surviving without Scotland would not be a hardship,for the Uk!

And I have to say,with having the SNP ejected from the House of Commons,and together with Slimeball number 1 Alex Salmond,would be a huge bonus!not having to listen to his incessant....scutland ....scutland...scutland.....sounds like a football game gone wrong,doesnt it?

So really it's a heads UK wins Scotland loses for me! or heads we win tails they lose!

I need to quote you to burst a bubble.

Young Scots are voting No.

The 16 - 18 year old age group are not fertile ground for the Yes campaign.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/scottish-independence/11074886/Young-voters-could-tip-the-balance-in-Scottish-independence-referendum.html

That is far from the only poll or article in that regard. It is truly incredible how many people that comment on the independence issue that do so from a position of extreme ignorance.

The Queen will remain Queen of Scotland....there is no question there at all.

So you want your cake and eat it? Why didn't you say. Well I don't know constitutionally how that would work. Maybe the Queen will see independence as total independence. Shame about Balmoral.

Do you actually have a clue what you are talking about? Do you honestly believe that the Queen, who is the head of state of 54 nations or so - will refuse the invitation to be Queen of Scotland?

A quite frankly laughable, and ludicrous point.

• Like 2

Interesting that you think the Queen of England would remain as the Queen of Scotland.

How is Libby and the English Monarchy viewed in general within Scotland?

• Like 1

So you want your cake and eat it? Why didn't you say. Well I don't know constitutionally how that would work. Maybe the Queen will see independence as total independence. Shame about Balmoral.

Try not to advertise your ignorance on this issue Jim... I know you see yourself as the king of this forum but on Scottish independence you are out of your depth....run along now.

Is that guy Scottish?

Can't be - no educated Scot would come out with a comment like that.

• Like 1

Interesting that you think the Queen of England would remain as the Queen of Scotland.

Neutrally besides Queen Anne...oops Princess....when the rugby is on.....

• Like 1

There is a strong republican movement - Libby is safe - Charles is on a sticky wicket.

• Like 2

There is a strong republican movement - Libby is safe - Charles is on a sticky wicket.

Ditto here in Australia (re Charles).

Move on now Charles ... nothing to Rule here.

• Like 2

Are you having a laugh Smokie or what! The Queen may? still be the head of State the same as Australia!

This is so irrelevant in modern politics I am amazed you even bother raising the point.

Desperate stuff.

Not when you don't give a toss!

Although if he abdicated (or died) and William stepped up - that might make a difference.

Not to me....another chinless wonder....the monarchy are finished...but that is for another thread....let's stay on topic.

what if they changed their surname (again) this time to McWindsor? it's possible . . .

My father voted Labour....as did his father.....I have never voted Labour.

I have never voted SNP......next question?

Vote YES.

There isn't much left of anything worth voting for is there?

Thanks for this comment...I shall cherish it.

I'm touched!smile.png

• Like 1

Although if he abdicated (or died) and William stepped up - that might make a difference.

Not to me....another chinless wonder....the monarchy are finished...but that is for another thread....let's stay on topic.

Finished you must be joking? having survived the Diana and Fergie episodes they seem to be invigorated! and are now more popular than ever!

And believe me who is a anti Monarchist!

what if they changed their surname (again) this time to McWindsor? it's possible . . .

I am changing my name to McSmokie......there you are....now you must take my opinions seriously....and my love of pheasant too. tongue.png

• Like 2

Any chance of some Levity could be introduced into the Debate?

Well ... since no-one actually voted NO ...

BoysScottish_zps33400b86.png

I love the "Bro"...I think daddy will knock that out of them quick hahaha!

However....like all kids they are our future.....and in Scotland we want the best opportunities for ours....so we are voting to give them the opportunity to rule their own country.

Its quite simple when you think about it.

• Like 2