Thailand Elite PE visa, how fast you get it...

Thailand Elite members enjoy it.

Thailand Elite haters dream about it.

In the past people worked on visa exempt stamps, tourist visas, non ed and now include the Thailand Elite as well.

At least people on visa exempt stamps. tourist visa or non ed visa cared for by themselves.

Elite Members are being , to make up for the loses, sponsored by tax payers money.

TIT, they offer a program where they loose money to keep few people happy.

I know some member of the old program who work in Thailand while on "visit" with this card, not pay taxes here.

We were offered a commision in selling these cards to our customers, but I declined.

You should evolve with your time and not stay stuck in the past because of (very) old (politically influenced) (baseless) speculations.

Thailand Elite is now recognized as a valuable program for members and the country.

More and more people join Thailand Elite, making the number of members who enjoy trouble free stays in the country grow to over 3000.

The new PE visa is the best visa you could recommend to your "customers", but I guess that your "customers" are mostly visa runners and "students" looking for the cheapest options.

So, it must certainly affect your opinion towards the Elite program. And with the recent crackdown on visa runners, I understand your frustration to see the wealthiest of your "customers" buy an Elite card. Must be hard for your feelings, but they make the good choice :)

If someone works in Thailand with a Thailand Elite visa, he should be caught by immigration.

But, at least, he would have contributed to the economy with an additional 500.000 to 2 million, while the working visa runners and "students" contribute nothing (and should get caught by immigration immediately).

Most people on this forum have now turned much more positive towards the Thailand Elite program, because it is difficult to continue to deny that it is a great program.

Some, however, are still stubbornly against it... for all the wrong reasons.

I love Thailand Elite :)

• Like 1

I know some member of the old program who work in Thailand while on "visit" with this card, not pay taxes here.

We were offered a commision in selling these cards to our customers, but I declined.

The TE membership package has changed a lot since it was first introduced many years ago. I think it would have made a loss for the government in its initial form, however bringing people who have plenty of money into the country on a regular basis can never be a bad thing.

The new, cheaper 5 year membership version which costs only 500k only really offers the visa, express immigration and limo service as benefits. The cost to Thailand Elite for these services is going to be negligible. It's a visa, quicker immigration and a nice taxi, that's it for the new program.

The 20 year members also need to pay an annual fee now so it's a lot more sustainable than the previous incarnation of this program.

The fee on the 20 year membership (20k a year) is equal to 20% of the 5 year memberships total yearly cost so I suspect someone has worked out their figures in more detail this time around.

Sent an email to [email protected] on Saturday evening. I guess they don't work on Sundays. Awaiting reply.

Why don't you contact Thailand Elite directly?

You would probably have the most reliable information about how to join the program...

Simply go to their website and ask for info...

Wow, I just noticed the domain name in that email. Oh well, I'll wait to the end of the day. This is a good forum and if they make some money off my referral then I am happy to help.

Sent an email to [email protected] on Saturday evening. I guess they don't work on Sundays. Awaiting reply.

You would probably have the most reliable information about how to join the program...

Wow, I just noticed the domain name in that email. Oh well, I'll wait to the end of the day. This is a good forum and if they make some money off my referral then I am happy to help.

I accidentally ended up on a website (Khon Kaen something...) on which someone seems to be reaaaaaally pissed that thaivisa forum associates itself with Thailand Elite (as an agent selling memberships).

It's quite funny to read :)

The anger he shows against this great program is irrational, really.

I accidentally ended up on a website (Khon Kaen something...) on which someone seems to be reaaaaaally pissed that thaivisa forum associates itself with Thailand Elite (as an agent selling memberships).

It's quite funny to read smile.png

I had the displeasure of reading that article. After a little research it turns out the writer is a fruit cake that follows the Detroit Lions whilst sporting a wife beater vest. rolleyes.gif

It's quite funny to read smile.png

I had the displeasure of reading that article. After a little research it turns out the writer is a fruit cake that follows the Detroit Lions whilst sporting a wife beater vest. rolleyes.gif

The language he uses tells a lot about him ;)

I wonder what triggers his obvious hate about the Thailand Elite program.

It would be a good case study for a psychiatrist.

It is also very interesting how things have evolved over the time, now that more and more people join the program.

Before, most of the comments about Thailand Elite were extremely negative on this forum.

Very negative comments from many posters, lots of trolls, and insults towards the members were tolerated,... while the opposite was quickly interpreted as condescending (to say the least) towards thaivisa posters.

It has now changed a lot and, nowadays, such negative posts seem ridiculous.

Thailand Elite is a great program.

• Like 1

Enter and exit and reenter with ease with an Elite Card and Visa... Great!

I am here on a Non Imm Multi 'O' and could easily qualify for an Extension of Stay based on Retirement and probably will do it at some point... BUT - if I had the expendable cash for 500k Baht every five years ... considering the EASE of it all ... I would do it in a flash ... I am not jealous or envious of those who can afford it - more power to them ... sounds like a great deal ...

• Like 1

Gave my application to the Thailand Elite office on September 25th. Received an email today, September 29th, inviting me to pay the fee. After I transfer funds I can obtain my "PE" visa at CW anytime this week. I live in Bangkok so it is very simple for me.

Seems like am expensive method to continue laziness when with a very small effort your visa's will always remain in order. No-one has clued us into the 500,000 to the 2,000,000 baht stretch. Folks only post about 500,000. Not that I need to know but curiosity makes me ask what you get for the 2 million elite visa???

Everything you need to know can be found here. http://www.thailandelite.com/index.php

2 mill for 20 years wow but not for married to a Thai or retirees

To put things in perspective, married and retirees spend Bt 1,900 a year as opposed to 100,000.

Agreed when you compare to (unmarried) retirees but, surely, being married gets you way over 100.000 Baht a year and....you seem to forget the perks attached to this position ( the Thailandelite one, which, by the way, is supposed to be changed to Thailandprivilege, which will definitely sound better to some detractors' ears )

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but is the 500K an annual fee? Every five years? One time? If the latter are there any recurring costs?

You pay once 500.000, and you can enjoy 5 years of happiness in the country with a PE (Privileged Entry) visa.

Your visa is valid for 5 years, and each entry gives you a 1 year stamp.

All questions have already been answered on various Thailand Elite threads. Visit their official website for more info.

If you have the funds, this is the best option for long stays in Thailand :)

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Sounds interesting and im certainly up for the 5 year elite membership

Just wish the 500,000k threw in a few more spa and massage perks, even just a few would have been nice.

Making a 20 year commitment is a little too serious for my liking, even if i can get 2 spas a month for the 2 million baht.

still doesnt swing it for me.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

You should evolve with your time and not stay stuck in the past because of (very) old (politically influenced) (baseless) speculations.

Thailand Elite is now recognized as a valuable program for members and the country.

More and more people join Thailand Elite, making the number of members who enjoy trouble free stays in the country grow to over 3000.

The new PE visa is the best visa you could recommend to your "customers", but I guess that your "customers" are mostly visa runners and "students" looking for the cheapest options.

So, it must certainly affect your opinion towards the Elite program. And with the recent crackdown on visa runners, I understand your frustration to see the wealthiest of your "customers" buy an Elite card. Must be hard for your feelings, but they make the good choice smile.png

If someone works in Thailand with a Thailand Elite visa, he should be caught by immigration.

But, at least, he would have contributed to the economy with an additional 500.000 to 2 million, while the working visa runners and "students" contribute nothing (and should get caught by immigration immediately).

Most people on this forum have now turned much more positive towards the Thailand Elite program, because it is difficult to continue to deny that it is a great program.

I love Thailand Elite smile.png

PE visa How to link with workpermit? still need apply Non-B visa?

So, it must certainly affect your opinion towards the Elite program. And with the recent crackdown on visa runners, I understand your frustration to see the wealthiest of your "customers" buy an Elite card. Must be hard for your feelings, but they make the good choice smile.png

I love Thailand Elite smile.png

PE visa How to link with workpermit? still need apply Non-B visa?

Cannot.

But thank you to revive this Thailand Elite thread with your very first newbie post :)

PE visa is for Thailand Elite members who are financially comfortable and don't need to work.

If you need to work you need to follow the normal procedure.

I would suggest all trolls to be smarter in their trolling...

So that we can continue have fun together and Thailand Elite members can keep posting real facts to counter the Thailand Elite haters' posts :)

If trolls are too childish or too obvious nobody cares to reply.

But I (long time Thailand Elite member) am still around :)

Edited by gerry1011
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

just get married as I did and you will have no more problems with visa, plenty of nice girls around :-)

and if it gets boring, can even get a work permit on this visa and do something interesting legally

Edited by falang07

When U convert SE to PE ,benefits are same means, life time daily golf/spa unlimited transferable & unlimited airport service is correct ?

I did convert to the new card indeed.
Benefits are the same, but the new PE visa gets the 1 year stamp.
I don't really need the 1 year stamp since I travel quite much, but I thought that "with the age" I may travel less in the future and enjoy the 1 year stamp...

When U convert SE to PE ,benefits are same means, life time daily golf/spa unlimited transferable & unlimited airport service is correct ?

I don't really need the 1 year stamp since I travel quite much, but I thought that "with the age" I may travel less in the future and enjoy the 1 year stamp...

Ah ah :)

Newbie / 2 posts / both in this thread...

Still not tired of creating new accounts?

And with a girl picture ;)

Edited by gerry1011

Garry1011 i'm new on thai visa forum.i don't have another account also not time waster, i got transfer membership from original life time member.so i want know this info is correct or not. i can send PM trough facebook if u don't want answer on this page.

Ah ah smile.png

And with a girl picture wink.png

Garry1011 i'm new on thai visa forum.i don't have another account also not time waster, i got transfer membership from original life time member.so i want know this info is correct or not. i can send PM trough facebook if u don't want answer on this page.

Ah ah smile.png

And with a girl picture wink.png

Ah ah :)

• 3 months later...

Just wanted to ask whether the membership is still running smoothly. I've just been screwed over when finalising a business contract so business visa might not be an option any more.

I also wanted to ask what's stopping a future government going back on it. Really just looking for some peace of mind, I guess.

Member since last July, still running smoothly. The PE visa you get is valid for the entire 5 years. Presumably even if the government stops the program (which has been running since 2003 through five different governments and two military coups), they won't go so far as to cancel the issued visas.

Member since last July, still running smoothly. The PE visa you get is valid for the entire 5 years. Presumably even if the government stops the program (which has been running since 2003 through five different governments and two military coups), they won't go so far as to cancel the issued visas.

OK, great - cheers! One last question, is leaving the country COMPULSORY? Would be great if I could just pop up to Bangkok to get everything sorted.