Pheu Thai man raps NACC

webfact

Pheu Thai man raps NACC
The Nation

BANGKOK: -- Pheu Thai Party member Panas Thassaniyanont yesterday lashed out at the National Anti-Corruption Commission for not giving the Attorney-General's Office respect, claiming it had pressured the agency to indict former PM Yingluck Shinawatra for failure to stem corruption and massive losses in the rice-pledging scheme.

NACC member Vicha Mahakun has hit back at prosecutors for their decision to seek a joint panel with the NACC to re-investigate the case due to insufficient evidence.

He insisted there were no gaps in the NACC investigation file that recommended that state attorneys indict Yingluck on charges of dereliction of duty over the rice scheme.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politics/Pheu-Thai-man-raps-NACC-30242757.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-09-08

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

BANGKOK: -- Pheu Thai Party member Panas Thassaniyanont yesterday lashed out at the National Anti-Corruption Commission for not giving the Attorney-General's Office respect, claiming it had pressured the agency to indict former PM Yingluck Shinawatra for failure to stem corruption and massive losses in the rice-pledging scheme.

I think the accepted way to express displeasure with the NACC is to build a wall in front of their gate, burn some coffins and throw some blood. This verbal "lashing out" seems half hearted at best. I suppose, in his defense, it may be that the army doesn't tolerate the other means of protest as well as the police.

Dear Mr. Panas,

Respect goes both ways / all directions.

Why didn't you claim that the AOG was not respecting the decisions / evidence provided by the NACC?

Or another slant, who don't you (YOU) respect the responsibility of the NACC to speak out on behalf of the people of Thailand when they believe there is something rotten wrong.

No Mr. Thassaniyanont. I don’t think the NACC pressured the AGO to indict Yingluck but rather that the AGO assumed that after an exhaustive investigation that the respected corruption-fighting NACC really had substantial evidence to confirm Yingluck’s guilt as reflected by its unanimous decision for indictment. But being experienced and fair prosecutors, AGO determined that NACC failed the threshold for sufficient evidence.

So that NACC may save face for such a public failure, I think the AGO offered to re-investigate the case with NACC. But NACC comes back with an almost arrogant, bullish attitude that it is not to be doubted and would seek to go over AGO to have the case tried (ref. An earlier Nations article) based solely on NACC developed evidence presented to the AGO. This position poisons AGO’s offer to conduct a fair and partial cooperative re-investigation; and any outcome of the cooperative re-investigation will be tainted. The AGO needs to assert its authority and invite the NACC back another day when it has satisfied the prosecution. Have a nice day.

How's that reconciliation thing going on up there in the North Jamie, when the Junta dont want to lift martial law, basically punishing everyone who resides there, whether they be die hard PTP/UDD supporters or not?

That's segregating, not reconciliating ..

You hate Terrorism, care to tell us all bout your experiences with it ? I hate Anchovies, but I don't keep harping on about them like it's the only thing in the world that's effecting me.

My experiences with terrorism. As previously stated I lived a very very short distance from the terrorist wing of the UDD in KK and the majority hated that wing near the lake next to the faring pub. In fact my wife and a few others reported the UDD red shirt terrorist wing to the powers that be. If you care to remember I took a photo of the hotel/ apartment/ motel (what ever you prefer to call it) in KK next to my son.

My son is my experience with terrorism. My son lived 100 metres for the brutal terrorists that had an unelected accused terrorist as the head of the organization on the org chat. My son should not have to put up with that. My son needs to be protected from that. Obviously you have no children in Thailand and as I suspect the majority of red supporters have none in Thailand either. I love my kids. I will never ever allow them to be in harms way. Ergo I do not support the UDD or PTP. See below for an example of what the respect the some UDD supporters have towards their kids.

My wife and I are family orientated people that support peace and stability and for that I support the Junta. I support stability and peace all of which was not there prior to the 22nd of May.

As you stated you are very vocal in your support of Ahbisit so I am sure you agree with me.

as previously stated I lived a very very short distance from the terrorist wing of the UDD in KK

You previously stated you don`t even live in Thailand but on the East coast of Australia with holidays to KK to visit your lady friend. If you are going to tell porkies you need to be consistent.

I took a photo of the hotel/ apartment/ motel (what ever you prefer to call it) in KK next to my son.

What a graphic photo, puts those from Gaza and Syria of mutilated kids bodies into perspective, to see the wee fella standing there in quiet town that saw zero violence, letalone fatalities laugh.png

In other words you have zero experience of terrorism. Pipe down kid.

How's that reconciliation thing going on up there in the North Jamie, when the Junta dont want to lift martial law, basically punishing everyone who resides there, whether they be die hard PTP/UDD supporters or not?

You hate Terrorism, care to tell us all bout your experiences with it ? I hate Anchovies, but I don't keep harping on about them like it's the only thing in the world that's effecting me.

Reconciliation is going well thanks for asking.

My experiences with terrorism. As previously stated I lived a very very short distance from the terrorist wing of the UDD in KK and the majority hated that wing near the lake next to the faring pub. In fact my wife and a few others reported the UDD red shirt terrorist wing to the powers that be.

If you care to remember I took a photo of the hotel/ apartment/ motel (what ever you prefer to call it) in KK next to my son. My son is my experience with terrorism. My son lived 100 metres for the brutal terrorists that had an unelected accused terrorist as the head of the organization on the org chat. My son should not have to put up with that. My son needs to be protected from that. Obviously you have no children in Thailand and as I suspect the majority of red supporters have none in Thailand either. I love my kids. I will never ever allow them to be in harms way. Ergo I do not support the UDD or PTP. See below for an example of what the respect the some UDD supporters have towards their kids.

My wife and I are family orientated people that support peace and stability and for that I support the Junta. I support stability and peace all of which was not there prior to the 22nd of May.

As you stated you are very vocal in your support of Ahbisit so I am sure you agree with me.

And yet you choose to live in a country with the 4th highest traffic death rate in the world, after Eritrea, Dominican Republic and Libya. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_traffic-related_death_rate)

I would think that it is somewhat easier to keep a child away from a protest area than to keep them off the roads. The risk of a traffic fatality in Thailand is much higher than a terror related fatality. And if you do love your child, why are you still living 100 meters from a supposed terrorist wing? Posting in TVF is not protecting your child.

• Like 2

Somehow one might get the impression that there is a suggestion people down South maybe have no problem with the Military Law.

Of course, let me immediately return to the topic with some rappers being busy lashing. Reminds me of the topic with "blasting". The text of the OPs didn't really gave the impression to relate much to the journalistically fine headers.

• Like 1

My experiences with terrorism. As previously stated I lived a very very short distance from the terrorist wing of the UDD in KK and the majority hated that wing near the lake next to the faring pub. In fact my wife and a few others reported the UDD red shirt terrorist wing to the powers that be. If you care to remember I took a photo of the hotel/ apartment/ motel (what ever you prefer to call it) in KK next to my son.

My son is my experience with terrorism. My son lived 100 metres for the brutal terrorists that had an unelected accused terrorist as the head of the organization on the org chat. My son should not have to put up with that. My son needs to be protected from that. Obviously you have no children in Thailand and as I suspect the majority of red supporters have none in Thailand either. I love my kids. I will never ever allow them to be in harms way. Ergo I do not support the UDD or PTP. See below for an example of what the respect the some UDD supporters have towards their kids.

as previously stated I lived a very very short distance from the terrorist wing of the UDD in KK

You previously stated you don`t even live in Thailand but on the East coast of Australia with holidays to KK to visit your lady friend. If you are going to tell porkies you need to be consistent.

I took a photo of the hotel/ apartment/ motel (what ever you prefer to call it) in KK next to my son.

What a graphic photo, puts those from Gaza and Syria of mutilated kids bodies into perspective, to see the wee fella standing there in quiet town that saw zero violence, letalone fatalities laugh.png

Ok that is interesting...

This must be the PTP "belief" structure with no facts again that I always talk about. Your comment epitomizes it. And when you cannot show me the link where I say "don`t even live in Thailand but on the East coast of Australia with holidays to KK to visit your lady friend"….Rest assured, I won't say "I told you so"

If you are going to tell porkies you need to be consistent. share links!!!

I truly look forward to the link….

​Mat peace and reconciliation be with you my dear friend.

This must be the PTP "belief" structure with no facts again that I always talk about. Your comment epitomizes it. And when you cannot show me the link where I say "don`t even live in Thailand but on the East coast of Australia with holidays to KK to visit your lady friend"….Rest assured, I won't say "I told you so"

There is not a chance in hell I am sifting through several thousand of your mind numbing and repetitive troll posts to find where you said that.

It was earlier in the year when someone questioned how much you knew about the disruption Suthep was causing. You confirmed you lived in Australia and said it was irrelevant.

Somewhere around the coup time you built a new persona as an expat riding round the lake in KK. laugh.png

The more I read from you the more I think you are mentally unwell.

My experiences with terrorism. As previously stated I lived a very very short distance from the terrorist wing of the UDD in KK and the majority hated that wing near the lake next to the faring pub. In fact my wife and a few others reported the UDD red shirt terrorist wing to the powers that be.

If you care to remember I took a photo of the hotel/ apartment/ motel (what ever you prefer to call it) in KK next to my son. My son is my experience with terrorism. My son lived 100 metres for the brutal terrorists that had an unelected accused terrorist as the head of the organization on the org chat. My son should not have to put up with that. My son needs to be protected from that. Obviously you have no children in Thailand and as I suspect the majority of red supporters have none in Thailand either. I love my kids. I will never ever allow them to be in harms way. Ergo I do not support the UDD or PTP. See below for an example of what the respect the some UDD supporters have towards their kids.

And yet you choose to live in a country with the 4th highest traffic death rate in the world, after Eritrea, Dominican Republic and Libya. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_traffic-related_death_rate)

I would think that it is somewhat easier to keep a child away from a protest area than to keep them off the roads. The risk of a traffic fatality in Thailand is much higher than a terror related fatality. And if you do love your child, why are you still living 100 meters from a supposed terrorist wing? Posting in TVF is not protecting your child.

I would not call this a protest site. And even so, isn't protesting a democratic right that can be practiced without the need for terrorist attacks?

In Australia it is...

Traffic? I assume if you lose this argument you will refer to suicide rates to defend terrorism in Thailand!!!

As for still living 100 metres from a terrorist wing…Why should I move? The Junta have sortied that problem out. What do you suggest? Leave the PTP in power and move my children away from the terrorists? Uproot my family to accommodate terrorists?

Seriously?

Right, but you have never actually been close to an incident per say ? Have you witnessed bomb attacks etc? Living in the area and with as much hatred towards them, and your fear of them, why did you not put your familys safety first then and move away seeing it was such a hotbed of terrorsim?

Your definitions of the words terrorists and terrorism are actually quite week, Nelson Mandella was a convicted terrorist, unlike Thaksin, who is being accused of being one, accusing a person of a crime, and having them been tried and commited of that crime are two very different things Jamie.

How long had you and your wife lived so close to these "terrorists" before May 22nd? Did you actually witness eveyone commiting such acts too? Are you actually saying that Khonkaen was a very violent and dangerous city to live in before 22nd May too? How many attacks happened there that made it such a violent place, was it like living in Belfast in the 1970's and 1980's when there was bombs going off daily killing dozens daily? Was it like Baghdad now where upwards of 100 people are getting killed weekly?

Seriously Jamie, if Khonkaen was such a bad place, and a nest of activity, why did you not relocate if you were that worried? I know if it was my son I was concerned about, and the situation was dangerous for me and my family, I'd relocate to a safer place.

I think you're over dramatising the situation to be honest, I wonder if the others who live in Khonkaen share your feelings, I know that my wifes family who live there have never felt as concerned as you seemed to have been. I'm pretty sure it's a tiny minority as in most cases of domestic terrorism, that's hell bent on destruction, and the majority are regular peace loving citizens the same as you and your wife are, and I dare say 99.999% of the TVF members are too, but should they still be placed under Martial Law whilst he rest of the country has it lifted? Isn't that actually doing the opposite of reconciling ? To me it's looks more like they're all being held accountable for the actions of a few.. mass punishements seldom work Jamie, if anything it begins to isolate people more and more, not bring them closer together.

Nobody wants to see their family suffer, and that includes the innocent people who have zero view on who should be running the country, keep martial law all over, root out these "terrorists" and then declare job done, and then lift it, avoiding any form of segregation or discrimination.. If the vast majority of the North East were in favour of removing the old regime, this is not the way to aknowledge that!!

Right, but you have never actually been close to an incident per say ? Have you witnessed bomb attacks etc? Living in the area and with as much hatred towards them, and your fear of them, why did you not put your familys safety first then and move away seeing it was such a hotbed of terrorsim?

Your definitions of the words terrorists and terrorism are actually quite week, Nelson Mandella was a convicted terrorist, unlike Thaksin, who is being accused of being one, accusing a person of a crime, and having them been tried and commited of that crime are two very different things Jamie.

How long had you and your wife lived so close to these "terrorists" before May 22nd? Did you actually witness eveyone commiting such acts too? Are you actually saying that Khonkaen was a very violent and dangerous city to live in before 22nd May too? How many attacks happened there that made it such a violent place, was it like living in Belfast in the 1970's and 1980's when there was bombs going off daily killing dozens daily? Was it like Baghdad now where upwards of 100 people are getting killed weekly?

Seriously Jamie, if Khonkaen was such a bad place, and a nest of activity, why did you not relocate if you were that worried? I know if it was my son I was concerned about, and the situation was dangerous for me and my family, I'd relocate to a safer place.

I think you're over dramatising the situation to be honest, I wonder if the others who live in Khonkaen share your feelings, I know that my wifes family who live there have never felt as concerned as you seemed to have been. I'm pretty sure it's a tiny minority as in most cases of domestic terrorism, that's hell bent on destruction, and the majority are regular peace loving citizens the same as you and your wife are, and I dare say 99.999% of the TVF members are too, but should they still be placed under Martial Law whilst he rest of the country has it lifted? Isn't that actually doing the opposite of reconciling ? To me it's looks more like they're all being held accountable for the actions of a few.. mass punishements seldom work Jamie, if anything it begins to isolate people more and more, not bring them closer together.

Nobody wants to see their family suffer, and that includes the innocent people who have zero view on who should be running the country, keep martial law all over, root out these "terrorists" and then declare job done, and then lift it, avoiding any form of segregation or discrimination.. If the vast majority of the North East were in favour of removing the old regime, this is not the way to aknowledge that!!

Yep… Don't have kids in Thailand I see...

Yep, justifying using children as human shields I see.

Glad I support the DEM's then and this is the response from a party that denounce the law and order that is the NACC as per this thread.

I would not call this a protest site. And even so, isn't protesting a democratic right that can be practiced without the need for terrorist attacks?

In Australia it is...

Traffic? I assume if you lose this argument you will refer to suicide rates to defend terrorism in Thailand!!!

As for still living 100 metres from a terrorist wing…Why should I move? The Junta have sortied that problem out. What do you suggest? Leave the PTP in power and move my children away from the terrorists? Uproot my family to accommodate terrorists?

Seriously?

I will not use the suicide argument. I assume your son is stable. I can't speak for your state of mind....

You stated " I love my kids. I will never ever allow them to be in harms way." They are at much greater risk of a traffic fatality in Thailand than a terrorist fatality. Every time you take them on the road you are putting them at a higher risk than from a random terrorist incident.

Maybe you should try San Marino, Micronesia, Maldives. Very low traffic fatalities and no miltitary juntas required.

There is not a chance in hell I am sifting through several thousand of your mind numbing and repetitive troll posts to find where you said that.

It was earlier in the year when someone questioned how much you knew about the disruption Suthep was causing. You confirmed you lived in Australia and said it was irrelevant.

Somewhere around the coup time you built a new persona as an expat riding round the lake in KK. laugh.png

The more I read from you the more I think you are mentally unwell.

Where is the link mate? I never said it and if you can find the link I promise I will never ever post on TVF again.

Speech to you tomorrow mate on TVF mate!!!

May peace and reconciliation be with you my dear friend.

In Australia it is...

Seriously?

I will not use the suicide argument. I assume your son is stable. I can't speak for your state of mind....

You stated " I love my kids. I will never ever allow them to be in harms way." They are at much greater risk of a traffic fatality in Thailand than a terrorist fatality. Every time you take them on the road you are putting them at a higher risk than from a random terrorist incident.

Maybe you should try San Marino, Micronesia, Maldives. Very low traffic fatalities and no miltitary juntas required.

It was what you could not rebut that says more about your argument than what you did say!!

Notice I am nice to you yet you and your ilk are demeaning and condescending to me. That is a PTP and UDD trait.

​May peace and reconciliation be with you my dear friend.

<EDIT> So why should I move?

Edited by djjamie

I have plenty of small nephews and neices Jamie, and I wouldn't dream of taking them to an area where I knew there was a risk of them being injured.

Do you honestly think that Thailand is the only place in the world that has Terrorism?

I have nothing but admiration for you wishing to protect your child from such acts, but I can assure you, from what I have personally seen, more children are killed in Thailand on the roads as their parents don't believe in securing them to child seats, or make them sit in the back of the car, they are happy to have their kids jump about all over the car, that Jamie is negligence, I'd be hoping that you would take every precaution to protect your children from ALL of lives dangers, that includes the domestic household, out in the park near the lake, drving in your car from A-B.

I have had 3 children in my life, and all of them I acted responsibly with, protecting them as best I could from every day dangers..

To make the comment that intimates that I don't understand, just because I don't have kids in Thailand is really clutching at straws, I have a duty of care to all of my Thai family, and I extend that to every one of them when I'm in their company, but I wouldn't risk, nor deliberatly expose them to ANY danger that could result in their deaths or injuries..

Exactly what dangers did your son face being so close to that HQ? Every single day you step out of your house, you face so many dangers, unless these UDD lunatics, were engaging in open gun battles on the streets, and were throwing grenades at everyone (which I'm sure would have made news headlines) than I still think you're over dramatising the whole issue simply because you have a dislike for the reds, I'm just surprised that given that hatred, you actually chose to live amongst them?