Children not packed like sardines, Thai school bus driver claims

webfact

Children not packed like sardines, driver claims
By Coconuts Bangkok

children2.jpg?itok=usqhT69F

BANGKOK: -- Following complaints made after an image circulated showing about 20 children crammed into a school bus last week, police Friday said the students were just playing around.

After police tracked the vehicle from its license plate, van driver Wirat, whose last name was withheld, reported to police Thursday and claimed there were only 12 students in the van.

All of them, he said, decided to gather their backpacks and cram onto the back seat to play.

The name of the school was withheld. [read more...]

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co//2014/09/08/children-not-packed-sardines-driver-claims

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2014-09-08

• Like 1

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A school bus is a luxury. In my day we had to walk 10 miles through the snow to get to school, with nothing more than a stale crust for lunch ... before trudging home again.

Lucky you, getting a stale crust as well!!

• Like 1

A school bus is a luxury. In my day we had to walk 10 miles through the snow to get to school, with nothing more than a stale crust for lunch ... before trudging home again.

A stale crust for lunch? Each? You were lucky! In my day all we got was a picture of a lamb chop to eat. Bet you weren't even barefoot in the snow. tongue.png

Reminds me of a guest house I once stayed at in Blackpool ----- for breakfast, we were given a slice of bread and allowed to wipe it on a kipper nailed to the breakfast room door.

• Like 2

LOL PR., sounds like straight out of Monty Python.

I only had to walk 1-2 km in the snow but when I got home my father would make me shovel the walks twice just to make sure.

Back on topic, private van, not registered, what kind of school allows this one asks?

Hell, lamb chops and stale crusts......all we got was the smell of peppermints......Dad would munch on a packet of them...and we would all sit around his tongue and sniff

A stale crust for lunch? Each? You were lucky! In my day all we got was a picture of a lamb chop to eat. Bet you weren't even barefoot in the snow. tongue.png

• Like 2

A stale crust? You were lucky to have that.

All I had were a few stale crumbs as I trudged 40 miles each way every day to get to school and back ...

School? You were lucky to have a school to go to ... all I had was an empty room which used to be a schoolroom ...

• Like 1