Dependent Visa Extension !......Whoops I think I've blown it !

Hi Gents,

Well I'm talking about my extension of stay ...but here's the background :

Came in from UK on a Hull Non-Immigrant B Visa back in June 2012

Renewed in 2013 on a Dependent extension as have 2 legally declared children with Thai mother but we're not married.

I've just realized I've only had 800,000thb in my Thai bank account for 2 months not 3 months ....

GULP ! Thoughts anyone ?

(I think I'm right in saying 2 is months OK for first extension, 3 months required after that?)

Same if I go for retirement extension I presume ?

FYI Got to renew by the end of this week .....

Thanks in advance for any tips ....

Regards,

SB....

Ps I have sufficient UK property rental income so guess I could use that as proof of income but will that require a visit to the British Embassy in BKK ?

The 800k number is for a retirement extension and does require 3 months for the 2nd extension or more.

For an extension based upon being the parent of a Thai it is 400k with no 2 month requirement. Some offices do want 2 months for every extension though.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

The 800k number is for a retirement extension and does require 3 months for the 2nd extension or more.

For an extension based upon being the parent of a Thai it is 400k with no 2 month requirement. Some offices do want 2 months for every extension though.

Sorry for being so polite on this forum.............but I have to acknowledge maybe for the first time since joining the best chat forum in the world!

that ubonjoe is doing a great service to all the uncertainties of the Thai Immigration system. It has made life here just that more comfortable.

Thanks!

• Like 2

Well after a trip to the bank drove to Phuket town and cos of BIG rain didn't get there til 10.45am to find the queue closed til after lunchtime

So will try again early tomorrow morning ie 8am ish !

By the way did anyone else need photos of the kids and house number we're talking DEpendant/Guardian Extension here cos My printers out of ink and I cant be bothered hunting/shopping round for colour cartridges !....

Thanks....

SB

I just renewed the same visa

I also needed

Custody papers

Map of house

Pictures with children around the house and a picture showing number of house

landlord id card and tabien bahn copies signed

Just beware different offices needing different docs.

Mine wants tabien baan of both landlord's rented property and his home address as well as his ID, and the new PT30 form completed by the landlord.

Letter from child's school confirming attendance. Copy of child's tabien baan as well. Photos together with child inside and outside house as well as in front of school.

3 months above 400,000 not 2.

And don't forget map of house has to be hand-drawn - a Google maps print-off is no good.

Streuth Wedders, which Province you in ?

I also needed
Custody papers
Map of house

Just beware different offices needing different docs.

Mine wants tabien baan of both landlord's rented property and his home address as well as his ID, and the new PT30 form completed by the landlord.
Letter from child's school confirming attendance. Copy of child's tabien baan as well. Photos together with child inside and outside house as well as in front of school.
3 months above 400,000 not 2.
And don't forget map of house has to be hand-drawn - a Google maps print-off is no good.

Yes Jomtien. Plus as extensions for dependent child reasons have to be approved in Bangkok, they wanted the entire wad of paoerwork in duplicate.

Plus they told me to come back not only with all the correct paperwork but with my five year old (presumably so that they could verify her existence despite all the paperwork).

They had a copy of her Thai passport, birth certificate, tabien baan, and the Thai divorce settlement which awarded me 100% custody but apparently that wasn't enough.

I also needed

Custody papers

Map of house

Never needed custody papers,anyway retirement extension much less paperwork

If you have any snags for the money in the bank seasoning you can apply for a 60 day extension to visit you child.

Phuket immigration has some of it's own rules for things. You did not mention you were there until late in the topic.

Just go in today and try.

They liked the photos (if if inside and no house number)

Want a rental contract, Tabiaan Bann not enough.

Sent me out 3 times to photocopy stuff at different angles

Want the Court Document stating I am the legal father CERTIFIED by the Amphur

And I took Thai British passports etc etc

Wanted the EX's signed Id cos she was on Tabiaan Baan also

And more !

NEXT YEAR RETIREMENT VISA FOR SURE !

So I'm off to the Phuket Courts (with Thai solictor just in case) at 9am tomorrow to get a certified copy of the original document I have already !

With original and copies of rental contract also....

If that doesn't suffice then many thanks UBONJOE, I'll try for 60 day extension, season my 800k and try for retirement in 1-2 months time....

Would I be right or wrong in guessing no documents are required for 60 day extension ?

MANY Thanks

SB....

Are you still living with the mother? Because legal advice I obtained some time ago was that unmarried farangs with children when the father no longer lives with the mother cannot get this visa even if they share custody unofficially.

All along in my case as the divorced father of a Thai child, a key document in both the original visa application and two extensions since was either the ampur divorce settlement specifically stating that I had custody, or if the divorce had to go through the courts, the final settlement docs stating the same.

Edited by wedders

I went to the Phuket Courts to get today's dated certified copies of the doc stating I was the father of my kids

(Cos my Thai solicitors advised me to go Courts that is, great staff cost 100thb)

Went to immigration they said NO go Amphur , eventually the boss lady told me I need a Kor Ror Sip Et (11)

Cant find that on Google but it does exist

Amphur Thaland really nice staff and boss created me 3 copies for each kids, total price 100thb

Back to Immigration for 4th time in 3 days, all sorted, took the EX and my kids with me

She had to sign forms too and a copy of her Id

Had to sign a Criminal check form (see other thread on this)

Was given a 90 day extension and told to come back with Passport in 30 days....

GENTS, many thanks to the replies to this thread, if any other NOT so well up on Visas/Extension people (LIKE ME) read this one thing I'd say is go 30 days before your extension expires cos I never knew that before and it might save a lot of rushing around/grief etc etc

and many many thanks to Ubonjoe,

Time for a CHANG !

Cheers,

SB.