friendliest cambo or thai?

silomplaya

Well, I would presume before one could make a valued judgement between the relative or perceived 'friendliness' of Thailand vs Cambodia, one would have to have spent extensive time in both countries, spoke at a reasonable level the language and a good sprinkling of the respective Cultures.

My sister came to Thailand for the 3rd time.

She remarked at the friendliness and positive disposition of the local fruit seller.

I asked what she was paying for her fruit ... she was paying 50% more then I would.

Oh course, the seller was 'Friendly'.

So, one day's casual observation doesn't really form a basis for comparison.

That said, I'm glad you enjoyed your 'day trip to poi pet' ... thumbsup.gif

Well, I would presume before one could make a valued judgement between the relative or perceived 'friendliness' of Thailand vs Cambodia, one would have to have spent extensive time in both countries, spoke at a reasonable level the language and a good sprinkling of the respective Cultures.

My sister came to Thailand for the 3rd time.

She remarked at the friendliness and positive disposition of the local fruit seller.

I asked what she was paying for her fruit ... she was paying 50% more then I would.

Oh course, the seller was 'Friendly'.

So, one day's casual observation doesn't really form a basis for comparison.

That said, I'm glad you enjoyed your 'day trip to poi pet' ... thumbsup.gif

actually ive spent alot of time in both but times change and cambodia more suits the name land of smiles

Thais smile a lot but with few exceptions they aren't really friendly. In fact the general impression that I have had since first coming here nearly 40 years ago is that Thais want my money but not much else.

Based on my experience over the same time period I would say that Filipinos are genuinely friendly. Maybe the lack of a language/culture barrier has something to do with it.

I dont have enough experience of Cambodians to say exactly where they come on the friendliness scale, but what I have seen of them would put them somewhere between the two.