Why do Western men marry Thai girls of ill-repute?

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The old sayings, "Once a bar girl, always a bar girl" and "you can take bar girl out of the bar, but not the bar out of the bar girl" come to mind. Go ahead and marry who you want, but I think the risk of marrying a bargirl is much greater than a girl met in more morally acceptable ways. The risk being if the bargirl wife gets bored, the money runs slow, etc., she knows where to go and what to do. I've met many bargirls who were previously married to a farang and moved overseas with him, only to claim boredom, confinement, money dried up, etc. and they high tailed it back to the LOS and "re-entered the workforce". Of course they leave the bloke AFTER lining their pockets first.

Are there any women who leave a bloke without lining their pockets?

• Like 1

Who can be sure that some lovely western women in her late 20's or early 30's at some stage wasn't a hooker, (see the scenario below) ????

There are plenty of well educated Thai girls with respectable jobs, who resorted to "Hawk the Fork" to make ends meet from time to time, while they go to uni etc etc, so do they fall into the filthy bar tart category as well and how would you know if that had been the case ????

Because they are uneducated ignorant arrogant, sexist racist and overweight, completely incapable of a normal relationship and no self-respecting woman would want to go anywhere near them.

That sounds like my ex wife in the UK talking. She lives alone and my current wife after three kids and in her forties could still find a new husband in 5 minutes. But at least the ex in the UK can be self respecting ALONE!

Most men just want a wife that will have sex with them whenever they want, and maybe produce a few babies.

These girls usually fulfil the first criteria nicely.

Cheaper than the respectable western ladies, that produce a few babies, never have sex again, then want your house and pension.

You just won the Rykbanlor cup for greatest sweeping generalisation of the day. 555

Because they are uneducated ignorant arrogant, sexist racist and overweight, completely incapable of a normal relationship and no self-respecting woman would want to go anywhere near them.

And moreover, they are making broad generalisations most of the time! wink.pngtongue.png

• Like 1

Lemme think...

Because they can't find Western girls of whatever repute who are willing to marry them ?

Because there aren't that many Thai girls of non ill-repute (especially the wealthy ones) who are willing to marry a Westerner ?

Because Thai girls of ill-repute are no fools, and they demand marriage in exchange for whatever it is they can give ?

Because they can ?

Because they're in love and totally amazed (not to mention blinded) by the fact ?

Because they are in a different culture, and not knowing the codes, they judge people (not just girls) differently ?

Edited by Yann55
  • Like 2

It is like this worldwide in the poorer countries. Foreign men marry lots of bar girls.

I know many bar girls. there are some you should never marry. they think they want to marry but they should never get married. They will get bored quickly.

there are others that should be married and stop working as bar girls. they would make sonder wives.

So - like many farangs who have been totally brain washed about everything in life - it boils down to the woman. There are tons of non-bar girls who would make horrible wives. I understand there are professional woman in thailand who would look down on you as being a stupid sex wanting farang. You are low class to them. so the shoe fits on the other foot too. you will never get one of them to marry such a low class as yourself. and, of course, such a low class as ME, also.

Lemme think...

Because they can't find Western girls of whatever repute who are willing to marry them ?

Because there aren't that many Thai girls of non ill-repute (especially the wealthy ones) who are willing to marry a Westerner ?

Because Thai girls of ill-repute are no fools, and they demand marriage in exchange for whatever it is they can give ?

Because they can ?

Because they can is probably the best answer so far. Reminds me of the joke: "Why do dogs lick their balls? Because they can." Well, my dog can, but is still after bitches, so, go figure! tongue.png

• Like 1

I would imagine by the time they marry, their past is behind them and is of no consequence.

Maybe the past is behind, but realistically speaking, people are a product of their past.

If you marry a girl of ill-repute can you reasonably expect she will be a model mother and faithful wife. The

experiences of thousands of men who've made that mistake suggests that if she used to make a living by

being bar-fined by numerous dodgy punters -- if you marry her it's highly likely that she'll continue on with

that behavior in some form, like boning all the guys in the neighborhood while you're away at work.

• Like 1

If i wanted a Doctor, Dentist, Engineer, House Builder, cook, housekeeper, clothes washer, teacher, mechanic, tailor, barber, investment adviser, banker, surgeon, etc .... I would want to find one with experience and good success. Why would I not also look for a woman that knows how to satisfy my male needs.

Said another way. If you find someone attractive, experienced and effective, then why not snap her up for yourself? Sounds like a no-brainer to me.

Just saying.

"Marring a woman of questionable work history in the West would be a costly proposition since the whole profession has been glamourized with a sex movie industry. You would actually have to be Charlie Sheen to afford to live with one of those girls.

What do you think?"

I think that comment above is well wide of the mark.

Think the typo in the first word is the way to read the post. People most often do what they must/can to survive, with access to only limited level of education there is more than a glass ceiling for women in Thailand.

Have met 'bar' staff around the globe and the Thai workers are no more pragmatic than the 'average' - still it is a hardening process when you have to follow the buck ( no pun intended ) so the punter will need their wits about them as it is definately, for the reasons given, buyer beware.

What I don't get, and ain't don't mean to offend anyone, but couples get married, where the guy usually doesn't speak Thai and the girl doesn't usually speak English? So what a the common ground?

Sign language! wink.pngtongue.png

More seriously, often, the 'women of ill-repute' can speak enough English for being understood on the most important topics (quantum theory comes to mind!).

Edited by GuyL

I know many guys who have married bar girls. I would say that none of the marriages were what I would say were or are very good. There was abuse in each one that mostly came from the man. Two of the cases the girls are not so bad but only stay in the relationship for the money and because they have a child to the guy. The reason the guys met these girls was because they were doing the same thing that the girls were except they were the ones paying. In each case the guys were for the most part heavy drinkers and the first date (haha) was a barfine. I think in all these cases both sides are a little defective.... Not saying I am perfect :)

I think it is a mistake to marry this type of girl but that is just me.... Live and let live.... But don't blame others when things turn out badly.

• Like 1

From my personal experience, I find that the women of so-called ill-repute are, generally speaking, more honest than so-called honourable women. Most women, both types, want what's in your wallet and what's in your pants, in that order. Some would prefer to get the first item and leave the other. The women of so-called ill-repute tell you exactly what they want. Like 'Give me money and I will give you what you want'. The so-called honourable women would hide behind lies about love and all that bullshit, yet want the same things.

Seriously speaking, even though I am not a farang, albeit still a foreigner in Thailand, I would opt to marry a woman of so-called ill-repute over a so-called honourable woman, any day.

• Like 1

I just saw a show on the difficulty of men in China finding wives over 20M men and no female what a dilemma. Their requirements are strict, cash and property. I am starting to think in my old age (44) that its just easier and better to have a contract relationship (I will pay you x per month and you get none of my assets in event of split) and I keep all the money "Whats love got to do with it?" as Tina Turner said.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Most men just want a wife that will have sex with them whenever they want, and maybe produce a few babies.

These girls usually fulfil the first criteria nicely.

Cheaper than the respectable western ladies, that produce a few babies, never have sex again, then want your house and pension.

And Thai women do not?