Extension of stay approval

Hi all, I have already applied for a year extension based on marriage. Immigration gave me a 30 day stamp until application is approved.

My question is do I have to wait the whole 30 days before I go back to get one year stamp or can I go a few days before?

Thanks

My due date is 20 sep which is this Saturday (closed) and Friday I have to travel north.

Just got off the phone with immigration and was curtly told the approval is not ready yet. I guess I'll have to take a chance and go Thursday.

I would think if the approval would be ready by Friday morning, Thurs afternoon shouldn't be a problem.

One last hurdle and not have to think about my damn extension for a whole year kopun pejao!!!

My stamp says tomorrow. My wife called the immigration office up here early last week and was quickly told it was not done yet and to come in on the 15th or 16th.

Went in this morning and got my one year stamp. Stamp showing division 4 headquarters in Korat approval is dated the 28th of August. Whoever she talked to just did not want to take the time to look.

• Like 1

So you reckon if I go tomorrow they would stamp me? I really don't want to go for nothing ... long way to drive two days on the trot lol. If I understood your post above approval for Korat office is on the 28th so they would have to stamp me anyway as my stamp reads 20th which is Saturday.

Kinda messed my plans up as I was prepared to go tomorrow.

Mine was approved on the 28th of August meaning they probably had it at the immigration office on 30th at the latest.

It all depends on what part of the country you live in how quick the approval is done.

If it was me I would give it a try tomorrow.

Ahh you have typo in your first post. 28 September should be august. I get it now.

I would risk it tomorrow but now have already booked a slot at ford to service my pickup for thurs so f it.

I will be really pissed off if they won't stamp me I thurs now. With all the money I've spent getting everything ok for extension could've gone out of the country twice for a visa ...

Thanks for your input joe as always. Much appreciated sir.

7th what? Brain f**t? Lol sorry couldn't resist.

I do hope they get easier. I chose extension over visa to avoid border runs as before was living in Phuket with no personal transport.

I will be based in Mae hong son now so much easier to switch to visa mode if I should so be inclined. Another plus for extension tho is I might wish to get permanent residence in the long run.

Good morning. On my way to immigration Korat to get the stamp now. Tomorrow I'm moving to Pai in Mae hong son province.

Should I tell Korat immigration I'm moving and do my reports in Mae hong son? Or should I just do 90 reports by post to Korat?

Many thanks

It sounds like the office sat on your paperwork before sending it up to the main office. Not good at all.

It is not an overstay. As long as your application is still under consideration you are legal. The report back date is just that it does not end being under consideration.

Yes so frustrating but useless getting pissy with them. Just had to bite my lip and shut up.

I hope against hope that my application will be approved and not rejected hence why taking long time. They shouldn't reject it tho the amount of times I had to go with minute details to add/change application. Am a bit worried about proof of income as they took only affidavit from notary in Malta certified by consulate that my father deposits 45000฿ monthly in my account. I certified bank statement showing this for nothing as they did not include them with the application.

If they reject it will they give me time to go outside thailand for a visa or appeal the decision or will I be automatically on overstay?

Bit worried now

They would of contacted you if there was a problem with your application. They are rarely denied after the are accepted by the local office. They only ones I can recall was because a person using money in the bank had take the money out shortly after applying.

I am sure it will be done on Monday.

If it was rejected you would not be on overstay, You could apply for a 60 day extension to visit your wife.

Good to know they rarely reject them. I would think so since the local office put so much effort in having all details correct before submitting the actual application.

Come to think of it there was an Aussie gentleman in front of me and he overheard the officer telling me that it's not arrived yet from bangkok; he told me he had to call and today was one week after his stamp date. So they must've a backlog of some sorts. I guess I should've called this morning but I wrongly assumed that they will have to have it ready by my stamp date so I will not be on overstay. And the Korat office seems so understaffed. First time I went 3 months ago there was at least five officers dealing with the public and two clerks sitting in a desk helping everyone fill in their forms correctly.

Anyway fingers crossed am feeling little more hopeful now :)

Just in case it is rejected can I apply again for the 60 day to visit wife (as I have already applied for that when my visa expired in June). Can you keep applying for the 60 day extension in succession?

Many thanks once again

Your application did not get sent to Bangkok. It will be approved by division 4 headquarters in Korat like mine was. I think it is more the local office not sending the application for approval shortly after you applied.

If you have already gotten one 60 day extension for your current entry you will not get another one.

I see ... I thought they were sent to bangkok hence taking so long. My bad. From korat immigration to Korat division 4 headquarters shouldn't take so long then lol.

If it's rejected I will have to go out and get a visa then but hopefully it won't. Will keep this thread updated.

Cheers mate