The Judicial System Here And At Home

bdenner

I don’t want too start a hang em high topic but there appears to be a number of threads running at the moment with comments being made about crime and punishment. IMO over the years the hand wringers and do-gooders in my country seem to be doing a good job of getting more lenient sentences for the offenders, nobody gives a toss about the victims. I see where here in Thailand an Australian prisoner was just let out 10 years into his 15 year sentence. They should have added 5 years to that bastards time.

………

Like here in australia the law is too soft, there was a pedo who raped and murdered a 6 year old girl in SA and was out in 8 years, the father of the girl was so upset and waited for him outside of the jail and blew him away.

Then he got put away.

………

Donz story from another topic reminds me of a similar incident in Perth’s Casuarina prison some 6 years ago where the father of a paedophile (Boy Scout Master) victim committed a crime just to get himself locked up in the same prison. The father carved the bastard up in the exercise yard, turned him into mince meat before the guards could intervene. I don’t remember what prison sentence was set for the paedophile but it obviously enraged the father.

I think the problem in Thailand isn't that the judicial system is soft (anyone who has ever spent time in a Thai prison or knows someone who has, doesn't use the word "soft") but that corruption is rampant and it is fairly easy to buy ones way out of it.