Car Runs Red Light Hitting 2 Chinese Girls In Pattaya

Rimmer

Car Runs Red Light Hitting 2 Chinese Girls In Pattaya

36.jpg43.jpg
PATTAYA – September 7, 2014 [Pattaya Daily News]; at 21.00 pm Pol.Maj.Tatsak Jirattikulchai-inspector of Bang Lamung police station-was notified that a car had run a red light and hit 2 people who were crossing the road on a crossing point in front of Choljan hotel. Police officers and Sawang Boriboon rescue team rushed to the scene.

At the scene the police found 2 Chinese girls who had been injured. Plus one of them was unconsciousness. Therefore the rescuers performed CPR on her before sending them to Bang Lamung hospital. But the car had fled from the scene after the accident.

Full story:http://www.pattayadailynews.com/pattaya-news/car-runs-red-light-hitting-2-chinese-girls-pattaya/

pdnews.jpg
-- Pattaya Daily News 2014-09-09

"Plus one of them was unconsciousness. Therefore the rescuers performed CPR on her before sending them to Bang Lamung hospital. "

Unconsciousness does not warrant CPR unless there's no pulse and respiration. So it would seem the victim died at the scene and the rescuers brought her back, in which case I say well done guys! or they did an unnecessary and potentially life-threatening procedure, in which case I say whoops!

It might just come down to poor reporting, who knows.

My younger kid's still a volunteer paramedic at the college he graduated from (and found a job right nearby) and in four years he got two pins for having resuscitated two people back from the dead. The odds of success are only about 18%. But when I say it's potentially life-threatening, that really doesn't matter if they're already dead, which is when you do CPR.

18%...

Better than 0%, I hope the two made a full recovery.

time is major factor, I have preformed CPR on two occasions, the first turned out to have been over 20 mins since he had a heart attack and we could not revive him, the second we did revive but died on the way to hospital.

I really do think everybody should learn basic first aid and CPR, and how to use a AED.

Edited by Basil B
  • Like 1

This Red Light Running does not only happen in Pattaya, it Happens Everywhere in Thailand.. Unfortunately....

" it Happens Everywhere in Thailand.. Unfortunately."

And in most parts of the world, even outside of Thailand. People are impatient and believe they shouldn't be made to wait ... for anything. And of course at certain times and in certain locations the probability increase that some drivers are under the influence of various things.

In at least some places in the US and UK, intersections are monitored by video cameras that catch red light runners, but even with fines and points awarded, the number of runners and the number of accidents continues at a high rate. Waiting a few minutes at an intersection is just too much for some people to cope with, whether sober or drunk.

Not blaming the girls, but just about anywhere you really need to check the road repeatedly & in all directions and not rely on traffic lights only, especially in Thailand where motorbikes can come at you from any direction both on the road or on the walkway.

Try standing on the corner of Pattaya Klang and Second road and count the number of times vehicles along Second road blatantly run the red light.bah.gif I always wait a few extra seconds to see that all the cars have stopped before crossing. Tourists need to be warned about this and not to assume that all vehicles are going to stop on red. And yet this is on a corner where there is a police box with officers busy booking motorcyclists not wearing a helmet.rolleyes.gif

Yet they do absolutely nothing about the red light runners.

I've seen police in this box watching football on the telly. (deleted) Edited by petercool

Try standing on the corner of Pattaya Klang and Second road and count the number of times vehicles along Second road blatantly run the red light.bah.gif I always wait a few extra seconds to see that all the cars have stopped before crossing. Tourists need to be warned about this and not to assume that all vehicles are going to stop on red. And yet this is on a corner where there is a police box with officers busy booking motorcyclists not wearing a helmet.rolleyes.gif

Been around Thais for 44 years. Nothing will ever change here short of a new ice age!

Post removed that is a slur is against one or more group covered in this forum rule

11) You will not post slurs, degrading or overly negative comments directed towards Thailand, specific locations, Thai institutions such as the judicial or law enforcement system, Thai culture, Thai people or any other group on the basis of race, nationality, religion, gender or sexual orientation.

Easy Asiatravel, have you ever tried to stop a red-light-runner? thumbsup.gif

A few years ago I witnessed a traffic cop at Pattaya Tai/Second Road try to stop a young Thai lad on a motor bike for I presume no helmet, a police officer managed to grab the bar at the back of the seat but just could not hold on while the lad powered up and got away, from the safety of a short distance the lad pulled up and gave the officers the finger.

So no wonder they do not stop for red lights..

A few years ago I witnessed a traffic cop at Pattaya Tai/Second Road try to stop a young Thai lad on a motor bike for I presume no helmet, a police officer managed to grab the bar at the back of the seat but just could not hold on while the lad powered up and got away, from the safety of a short distance the lad pulled up and gave the officers the finger.

So no wonder they do not stop for red lights..

The cop should have given him the finger

The trigger finger

• Like 1