My recommendation for dentist in Phitsanulok

mhortig

If you are in need of an excellent English speaking dentist in muang Phitsanulok I recommend Budhachinaraj government hospital. Much to my very pleasant surprise I had an excellent and inexpensive root canal and two fillings done here.

I had some dental work done previously at two private local clinics which was not satisfactory and very un falang friendly billing practices. Subsequently when I developed severe tooth pain, my wife encouraged me to try the government hospital. I was reluctant but lacked options. The initial examination dentist spoke very good English and their x-ray is computerized. A root canal was recommended. I was then introduced to another dentist who would do the work. Her English was also good and without prompting she outlined the procedure and advised of the approximate cost. An appointment was made and in the meantime medication was prescribed for the discomfort.
The clinic is very clean and modern. The dentist was very efficient. It took 4 sessions to complete the root canal which is normal. She did a couple of fillings as well during the sessions. The final cost was about 2,700 baht total for the root canal and fillings. This was in fact lower than the initial quote of 2900 for the root canal alone. In the past in Thailand I have paid 8-9000 for root canals alone.
The only downside is that you will have to go very early for the first exam as their are no appointments. After that all treatments were by appointment and I seldom waited over 30 minutes, though you may have to wait 3-4 weeks between appointments. I suggest having a Thai speaker with you to get past the front desks, and be sure to request an English speaking dentist.

Do I understand right: It was XRayed and than an future appointment made?

When I recall my pain it would have been very cruel not to treat it on the spot. But maybe your case wasn't as painful as mine? (I would have agreed to have my head hacked off, only to get rid of the pain).

Mine was extremely painful as well. They prescribed painkillers and antibiotics to treat the infection. The pain then was almost non existent and the antibiotics effectively treated the infection causing the abcessin about 3 days. No more discomfort throughout the process