foreigners scamming foreigners

silomplaya

Anyone who hangs out on Beach Road is a nut anyway, especially Mike's Mall. Pattaya consists of a lot more than Beach Road and Walking Street. That's where the Sodomites gather.

Now ... I thought that was the 'Dark Side' ... laugh.png

I think you're getting the Darkside confused with Jomtien there's a lot of Gomorrans there.

post-202194-0-70807500-1410297163_thumb.

I would exercise caution doing business with any farang owned business in Thailand. This includes anything from motorcycle rentals to shipping agents. A farang cannot deal with thai officials and thus will always have to send incompetent thai employees to do any real work. This is always going to lead to issues and problems.

I would exercise caution doing business with any farang owned business in Thailand. This includes anything from motorcycle rentals to shipping agents. A farang cannot deal with thai officials and thus will always have to send incompetent thai employees to do any real work. This is always going to lead to issues and problems.

David, I'm not disagreeing with the thrust of your argument, but I can't understand the logic?

So, don't deal with a Western company or person because he/she "will always have to send incompetent thai employees to do any real work"

So ... the Thai companies only have the competent employees?

Anyone who hangs out on Beach Road is a nut anyway, especially Mike's Mall. Pattaya consists of a lot more than Beach Road and Walking Street. That's where the Sodomites gather.

I think you're getting the Darkside confused with Jomtien there's a lot of Gomorrans there.

Man ... that is just a sick photo ...

post-202194-0-70807500-1410297163.jpg

• Like 1

Haven't been to Pattaya for a while but never encountered any farang beggars when I used to visit frequently. What did surprise me however was when I last went back to Aussie was the number of times that I was approached by beggars in the Perth, Hay St. Mall. And that's supposed to be the Lucky Country.

thailand is fast becoming the scamming capital of asia but after i see a topic "why do they let each other scam each other" i am thinking why are we scamming each other ? just hang out in pattaya bay for a day near mikes shopping and you will see every second farang asking for a 100 baht for a new passport , or a few hundred for rent , it seems everyone has lost there atm cards or lady has stolen everything .....

and unsuspicious foreigners are falling for these petty scams and the scammers are remaining in thailand using the funds for other things.

Been in Pattaya twice this year, never been approached by any foreigner for anything else but a cigarette.. maybe, OP, you should stop showing off all your bundles of Baht, as they do not only attract the hookers you are looking for on beach road in front of Mikes, but also others who want to profit from your generosity

taken at SajanuSchoschenskoje?

When I stand outside my office on Sukhumvit in Pattaya having a smoke (near Klang) a couple of times a week I get some farang or other trying to bludge money off of me. The most recent on was rather odd. Early in the morning, about 8 ish I guess, a man walks up to me and says "DO you know where the Swedish people hang out" in his swedish accent. I say no. He then starts telling me about his life as a carpenter and how he can make very good furniture, which peaked my interest a little bit, until then sensing my interest in this was detracting him from what he actually wanted he said that he then wanted to know where the bus station was to get a bus to the airport. I duly told him. Then he says that he has been to that one but they would not let him on.

"Why not?"

"Well, they wanted me to pay"

"well thats the point of public transport, you have to pay pal"

"But I don't see why. The bus is going that way anyway and I need to get to the airport for my flight"

"It's only a couple hundred baht mate"

"But i not got that. They not understand these Thais. They should let me ride"

"If they did, there would be no buses as no one would pay"

"But I'm a visitor. They should let me ride - the bus is going that way anyway"

"Ahh well, you take it up with the manager mate see what he says"

"I did. He said I have to pay"

"Well there you go then - see ya!" and I start to walk back inside

'But I only have 3 baht!" he calls out behind me. I stop and walk back.

"OK - what do you have in your rucksack you can sell me? A phone? A watch? Anything"

"heh?"

"Well you want my money, so what have you got in return?"

He gave me a look of death and drifted off, next seen up the road trying it on with someone else. Usually I just tell them to piss off.

The OP is right though - a lot of short con artists drifting around Pattaya.

• Like 1

The Bible. Luke 6:38

Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again.

OP, we are not scamming each other we just ask for some donations between us.

Be a good Christian and when somebody asks you for a 100 Baht, give him a thousand.

It will come back to you tenfold one day.

If you never see it, don't blame me, blame the bible.

Please give me 50,000 Baht, bible boy. I promise I'll pay you back. ^_^

• Like 2

But a freakin' excellent movie.

• Like 1

The Bible. Luke 6:38

Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again.

OP, we are not scamming each other we just ask for some donations between us.

Be a good Christian and when somebody asks you for a 100 Baht, give him a thousand.

It will come back to you tenfold one day.

If you never see it, don't blame me, blame the bible.

Yuck! I prefer non-made up quotes like "neither a borrower nor a lender be!" The Bard of Avon. ;)
  • Like 2

I've been scammed by a former professor, no less. Affluent family man and only $ 500. Never mix friendship with any kind of borrowing or lending or business deaals (20/20 rear view vision is great, isn't it?!)

In Thailand, beware of directors of government schools. Enough said.

Seriously, I always wondered what kind of people stayed or visited Pattaya or Phuket!

Phuket I am a bit disapointed in these days but Pattaya Oh ! Come on it's good fun to go there and have a laugh sometimes, I don't get some of these fairy's on here, where do they live in a Temple. biggrin.png

• Like 1

Seriously, I always wondered what kind of people stayed or visited Pattaya or Phuket!

Phuket I am a bit disapointed in these days but Pattaya Oh ! Come on it's good fun to go there and have a laugh sometimes, I don't get some of these fairy's on here, where do they live in a Temple. biggrin.png

I agree.

I've never been a Phuket fan ... but I do enjoy my time in Pattaya.

Not sure if I could live there 24/7 ... but extended visits ... great ... thumbsup.gif

theres nothing wrong with pattaya as a place, you can get whatever you want there,,,

its just some of the people that live there that are bad,,both thai and falang,

its like guns,,,, guns arent dangerouse,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

its some of the tools that get hold of them,,,,,!!!!!

theres nothing wrong with pattaya as a place, you can get whatever you want there,,,

its just some of the people that live there that are bad,,both thai and falang,

its like guns,,,, guns arent dangerouse,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

its some of the tools that get hold of them,,,,,!!!!!

Are you calling Pattaya a Tool Shed?

Is that Dave the Walt? biggrin.png

• Like 2

Foreigners scamming foreigners.

What happens often enough, is that a foreigner with a business operating on a loss, often it is a restaurant, sells half of it to another foreigner, usually a compatriot or at least someone sharing the same native language.

When i first went to LOS 10yrs ago i had a falung come up to me (in Patts) & asked for 500b....he said he''d being robbed & had no money. So me being a NEWBIE gave him the 300b...errrr rookie mistake!!!! blink.png.pagespeed.ce.AQgCnSOpp_.png

I saw him later that day spruiking the same thing to other falung's....he probably made a cool 5k that day!

So years past & had another falung come up to me & spruik the same story....told him to GET F@#$%*! laugh.png.pagespeed.ce.SDkxrRteka.png