Teenager Arrested For Scolding A Police Officer In Pattaya

Rimmer

Teenager Arrested For Scolding A Police Officer In Pattaya

227.jpg

PATTAYA – recently, 2014 [Pattaya Daily News]; reporters revealed that a teenager who called himself “Tos Pattaya” posted his video clip on a social network site. In the video he was dancing with a sword and he scolded police officers of Nong Prue police station after the police officers arrested his friends and his brother who are part of a drug gang. Also he dared the police officers to arrest him with 1,000 police and he scolded Pol.Maj.Gen.Sanit Mahathaworn.

On September 8 Pol.Maj.Gen.Sanit Mahathaworn-acting commander- was accompanied with Pol.Col.Thammanoon Munkong-superintendent of Bang Lamung police station-, Pol.Lt.Col.Suppachai Puangthong-inspector- and police officers to arrest Mr.Tos aged 17 at a house before taking him to the police station. Pol.Maj.Gen.Sanit questioned Mr.Tos by himself.

Full story:http://www.pattayadailynews.com/pattaya-news/teenager-arrested-scolding-police-officer-pattaya/

pdnews.jpg
-- Pattaya Daily News 2014-09-10

To answer one question above ....insulting a police officer probably comes under this law provision ....

Section 136 Whoever, insulting the official doing the act according to the function or having done the act according to the function, shall be imprisoned not out of one year or fined not out of two thousand Baht, or both.

He was arrested but it doesn't say what he was charged with.

Last I knew, being an idiot isn't illegal. If it was, the streets here would be quite bare as a huge number of Thais and foreigners would be locked up.

In the linked story...."The police prosecuted him in the act of defamation of officials".

To answer one question above ....insulting a police officer probably comes under this law provision ....

Section 136 Whoever, insulting the official doing the act according to the function or having done the act according to the function, shall be imprisoned not out of one year or fined not out of two thousand Baht, or both.

Thanks for the answer. Do you know a lot about Thai laws or is there a document/website that we can search for information about Thai law? I don't plan on posting a video of myself insulting high-ranking Thai police officers but having access to an English version of current Thai laws would be nice.

He was arrested but it doesn't say what he was charged with.

Last I knew, being an idiot isn't illegal. If it was, the streets here would be quite bare as a huge number of Thais and foreigners would be locked up.

In the linked story...."The police prosecuted him in the act of defamation of officials".

Thanks. I've given up hitting the links on news stories here because there's usually nothing else to see.

Thanks for the answer. Do you know a lot about Thai laws or is there a document/website that we can search for information about Thai law? I don't plan on posting a video of myself insulting high-ranking Thai police officers but having access to an English version of current Thai laws would be nice.

Here is what I used. Its very long and not easy to search through but its seems comprehensive .....

http://www.thailandlawonline.com/laws-in-thailand/thailand-criminal-law-tex

• Like 1

I have a pinned topic with links to Thai law and believe one of the links was given by Peter - http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/647441-list-of-thailand-laws-regulations-in-english/

• Like 1