Is Thailand really losing Russian arrivals?

webfact

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please listen to TAT for the definitive word, nothing is wrong, numbers are not down and TAT's efforts / promotions are making tourists flock back.

On the other hand ... !

All is mentioned above and is correct

The martial law is effecting Russians plus the problems in Russia with the Ukraine war

Must admit I have seen some Russians get away with some really crazy stuff but on the other hand allot of Russians I have had no problem with what so ever

I have seen Russian agencies in pattaya buying tours in Russian currency and giving change in Russian currency which is wrong plane and simple

As by this they are not helping Thailand at all and helping their own economy instead

Most Russians reminde me of is english when k first came

I came here to get away from my own race

Yet I ended up still living next to them

Allot of Russians are the same some have come here to get away from their own race and yet the drunken yobs are still out here

But for me I would rather be here with people I don't like than back in England where I feel like I am more of a foreigner lol

• Like 1

I hope Russian will choose another place , when you see how they are treated in this forum by some sexpat thinking they are better than anyone else ...and who define themselves as more Thai than Thais , I would rather be friend with a Russian than a narrow minded arrogant Brit or yank who think he is someone in here but in fact is not better than anyone else. Pathetic .... bah.gifbah.gif

I hear your opinion, but I am curious if you actually live in a place where the majority of people you are surrounded with everyday have been Russian tourists for YEARS. Because if not, it's hard to see how such a person could have an INFORMED opinion about Russian tourist behavior (as a generality) in Thailand.

This post written in Jomtienski, Thailussia

As allways in this forum: Generalization is a big problem for some.

German, English, Australien, Norweigans Americans ,Russians or my cuntrymen Danes

As among Thais their are good ones and bad ones.

You choose Yourself who to mingle with. I myself mingle with people in Thailand I like from all nations.

Up to You

wai.gifthumbsup.gifwai2.gif

• Like 2

I hope Russian will choose another place , when you see how they are treated in this forum by some sexpat thinking they are better than anyone else ...and who define themselves as more Thai than Thais , I would rather be friend with a Russian than a narrow minded arrogant Brit or yank who think he is someone in here but in fact is not better than anyone else. Pathetic .... bah.gifbah.gif

And of course as a frog, you are familiar with the convivial way they carry on in their seaside resort of Pattayajetski?

I always thought Lauren was a woman's name..... maybe I got mixed up with Sophia......

Lauren is but Laurent is a french masculine given name and a surname as in Yves St. Laurent

So Gay then? French Masculine... there's an oxymoron!!! cheesy.gif

I hear your opinion, but I am curious if you actually live in a place where the majority of people you are surrounded with everyday have been Russian tourists for YEARS. Because if not, it's hard to see how such a person could have an INFORMED opinion about Russian tourist behavior (as a generality) in Thailand.

This post written in Jomtienski, Thailussia

well I can reply to you , I have been to Russia over 23 times in the last decade , 21 years living in Thailand and been surrounded by many nationalities , the behavior of Russian tourists is not worse than any other nationalities ... judging people or a country only on the fact that you live in pattaya is disgraceful .. dont think you are better than anyone you are only a guest in Thailand like the rest of all the farang here

There is something about your reply that does not ring true. Anyone who can support or condone the behavior of Russians in Pattaya has got their head in the sand (and I doubt if its Pattaya sand). I have lived in Thailand for 34 years and watched nationalities come and go. The number of folk that I know, and can be seen corresponding in forums such as this, that object to their crass and bullying behaviors in Pattaya, are undeniably large. Never before have I seen this amount of criticism leveled at one particular group. It would appear that you are a Russian apologist, for what reason I don't know, and I wonder what your motives are in sucking up to them.

• Like 2

"Imaginary Russian as always sexy as in the picture above.

The real one is Pattaya are mostly old, fat, urgy."

I live in Jomtien. We have had many staying at my condo. The ones in their 20's are very often insanely lovely and "hot". Real trip over your tongue material. I have no idea what happens mid to late 30's. Puff up like Jiffy pop popcorn.... I have never seen a Russian male here with a Thai female. Must impact the economy ya think? Perhaps they just come here to do each other?

I have had a couple Russian, or ex Russian naturalized Americans: funny, thoughtful, good hearted. Must have been US influence.....

And of course as a frog, you are familiar with the convivial way they carry on in their seaside resort of Pattayajetski?

As a frog, he doesn't think it's arrogant to accuse others of arrogance based only on their nationality; or attack others for their confident outlook on life. Quick to accuse others of being a sexpat - me thinks the lady doth protest too much.

Vivre le difference.

Edited by Baerboxer
  • Like 1

just for the record, my mate is happily married to a Russian woman. hes ill with cancer now so i ive told him he can stop at my pattaya beach condo and enjoy his time rather than stay in the UK council estate dump hes stuck in now. his wife flatly refused to go to thailand as (in her words) she did not want to be surrounded by rude, pig ignorant, arrogant people from her own country and she would rather stay amongst the benefit claiming lowlifes on the estate than mix with them.

her rather attractive 26 year old daughter also flatly refused to go there as she was fearful for her safety once they found out she was unmarried and on her own.

.......their words, not mine, i thought she would enjoy spending time amongst her own, speaking her own language etc.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I hope Russian will choose another place , when you see how they are treated in this forum by some sexpat thinking they are better than anyone else ...and who define themselves as more Thai than Thais , I would rather be friend with a Russian than a narrow minded arrogant Brit or yank who think he is someone in here but in fact is not better than anyone else. Pathetic .... alt=bah.gif> alt=bah.gi

Yank this D-bag, try not to choke on it...escargot anyone? No thanks, im allergic to disgusting slimy &lt;deleted&gt; that crawls around i my garden!

Tourism in LOS is DOWN; at least in Phuket. A good friend of mine runs two hotels in Patong; a guesthouse and a newer more formal hotel he just opened several months ago. His guesthouse is usually nearly fully booked through Dec. this time of year and now it's at 50%. His newer hotel is near empty. He says some of the 5-star hotels have dropped their rates to about THB 1,000/night. The nightlife on Bangla Rd. is pretty quiet he says. Just spoke with him a few hours ago.

If TAT says things are fine and arrival #'s are good, I'd hate to see when they are "bad". So it's not just Russians staying away, it appears to be across the board.

But I'm SURE it has NOTHING to do with the visa crackdown, bars closing at 2AM, the military running the country, martial law in some provinces, etc.

EVERYTHING is FINE!!!....