Best optical/glasses shops in pattaya for repairs/purchases, update.

infinity11

Someone mentioned on here a good shop and good prices on a lower level of tuk com.
Is that still the case?

And are they still there?

Where do you go to buy and fix your glasses and why?

Good smart service, repairs, and new quality glasses at decent low or fair prices wanted please.

Please post about shops IN Pattaya.

Thanks.

Edited by infinity11

Perfect timing for this thread!. I need new reading glasses and was wondering if anyone in their travels around Pattaya has seen any optical shops offering 2-for-1 deals. My current reading glasses were from a Charoen Optical store that had such a deal going a few years ago, having 2 pairs but only paying for one worked out really well. Thanks very much if anyone has seen current deals like this that they could share!.

• Like 1

I've been using Better Vision on the ground floor of Big C mall South Pattaya Road for years. Always been nice and charge a fair price. They clean mine for free and have done servicing, nose pads, screw tightening, for minimal charge. They even said go see an eye doctor when I started getting night vision problems rather than charge me for something I didn't need which plenty of other places might have done.

Edited by KKK
  • Like 1

Don't go to any of the chain shops like Charoen. The best one (and only decent one i've found) is Euro Optic opposite the Garden Plaza Mall on the 2nd road. Dr Maria Abalon there knows what she is doing.

Damned expensive too.

There is only one guy that manages top class service with huge experience plus excellent quality that I have found and quite a few others....soi 17 off 3rd south,opposite the fruit market can reach it by passing the rear of tukcom too turning left at the junction Couple of doors away from happy dental

• Like 1

I have had very good service at Pattaya Optical on Klang, opposite the Kbank, between Buakhao and Second Rd. I got new lenses there a month ago, with a surprise reduction in the need for correction. I was suspicious but the glasses were terrific. Am in the home country now and just got my eyes checked by an eye doctor. He confirmed the shop nailed it, including my new astigmatism. For single vision correction, the lenses cost 2500 baht. They also adjusted, unasked, my frame to perfection.

Edited by Kaoboi Bebobp
  • Like 1

Don't go to any of the chain shops like Charoen. The best one (and only decent one i've found) is Euro Optic opposite the Garden Plaza Mall on the 2nd road. Dr Maria Abalon there knows what she is doing.

But according to another forum posted 4x more expensive than other places.

I used Top Charoen once, reasonable price, reasonable service, but don't do repairs.

Edited by AnotherOneAmerican
  • Like 1

I used Top Charoen once, reasonable price, reasonable service, but don't do repairs.

Depends how you view value. I've been to Chareon, got a pair of glasses for 4,000 baht with the wrong prescription, no UV etc, a waste of money. Euro Optic might charge 7,000 but the prescription was perfect with good fitting and will last much longer.

• Like 1

Depends how you view value. I've been to Chareon, got a pair of glasses for 4,000 baht with the wrong prescription, no UV etc, a waste of money. Euro Optic might charge 7,000 but the prescription was perfect with good fitting and will last much longer.

Why would you buy a wrong prescription?

You put them on, you read a page, you walk to the window, you look across the road (progressive lens).

Then if satisfied you pay.

If not satisfied, they get to make them again.

How weak do you have to be, to pay for something that doesn't work?

PS

I always take my old prescription in with me, when they do the tests, if the new prescription is much different, they get to do the tests again.

Edited by AnotherOneAmerican

All this guy has to do is try a few of the suggestions,he will undoubtedly be disappointed on price and service,the girls it the top whatever are only good at showing their arse through the tight fitting pants ,Euro whatever will sting you 5 times over for a service a one man outfit who is excellent in eye testing service quality and after sales all at no cost try option 5

I will guarantee it with free spectacles

• Like 1

First Optic is the name of the shop you are referring to. Great service, great prices.\

All this guy has to do is try a few of the suggestions,he will undoubtedly be disappointed on price and service,the girls it the top whatever are only good at showing their arse through the tight fitting pants ,Euro whatever will sting you 5 times over for a service a one man outfit who is excellent in eye testing service quality and after sales all at no cost try option 5

• Like 1

First Optic is the name of the shop you are referring to. Great service, great prices.\

Thats the guy,he puts ALL the other places to shame

LOL .. and you know this because you've been to every other optometrist in town?

PS

I always take my old prescription in with me, when they do the tests, if the new prescription is much different, they get to do the tests again.

I bring all my old glasses with me. If the prescription is much different I know I really needed new ones.smile.png

I thought you bought yours online.... You gave a recommendation for an online trader. Don't you use them?

LOL .. and you know this because you've been to every other optometrist in town?

How did you know? but you surely have not.

Damned expensive too.

There is only one guy that manages top class service with huge experience plus excellent quality that I have found and quite a few others....soi 17 off 3rd south,opposite the fruit market can reach it by passing the rear of tukcom too turning left at the junction Couple of doors away from happy dental

This sounds hard to find just from reading.

How about if i stand in front of tuk com how can i find it please? I don't mind walking.

Finding any place in thailand the first time is usually a challenge especially without my glasses biggrin.png .

Edited by infinity11

Looks like we got a lot of votes for first Optic.

Now please exact location?

How did you know? but you surely have not.

We get it. You like them. Fair enough, but there's no need to make absurd comments to back up your recommendation (i.e you've been to every optometrist in town and he puts ALL the other places to shame).

He does not, as I've also been to every other optometrist in town, so I know you're wrong.biggrin.png

• Like 1

After the recommendations from this thread I went First Optic yesterday. I had broken the bridge on my spectacles whilst in the UK this summer, I visited several opticians in the UK who couldn't or wouldn't fix them for me.

The gent in First Optic sorted me out in 30 minutes so thanks to all who recommended him biggrin.png

That's good.

In an area that I would not trust my own shadow it is refreshing to meet such a character as this, he just wants complete customer satisfaction.

As a plus I ordered another pair yesterday,memory metal half frame ,tint, progressives,came in at 3600 baht approx,but went for top of the range lenses instead of middle of the road ones,came in at around another two. Had off the peg ones and that spot is always way out,this guy checks and checks again

Between that guy and the dentist next but one I think they are the most generous and caring I have ever come across. Check up(no work done) free,had quite involved root canal 6 visits plus x-rays recently about 7500,excellent work

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

The best one () is Euro Optic opposite the Garden Plaza Mall on the 2nd road.

Dr Maria Abalon there knows what she is doing.

Compared to who/what? the open-air shops on the markets? wink.png

I changed my lens this week at Euro Optic. (my myopia worsened sad.png)

Good lens with anti-glare, anti-scratch & anti-UV were 2'000 baht (for 2)

Similar lenses but photochromic 3'000 baht.

I also looked for ultra light tungsten frames : 2'190 baht

I got a quotation of 3'800 baht for simple lens in the optical shop 1st floor of Royal Garden !

This "4x more expensive than other places" seems just ridiculous.

Edited by Pattaya46
  • Like 1

here you go google street map

Thanks for the Google street map; I drive down Soi-17daily, but never previously noticed FIRST OPTIC.

I went to First Optic today, taking my prescription I'd recently obtained at the Rutnin Eye Clinic, in BKK.

I was hoping First Optic provides compact reading glasses which fit in a case. I wanted a pair of them as

they are far more convenient to carry than regular sized glasses for use on my motorcycle trips around SEA.

Rutnin Eye Clinic wanted just over 7,000-Bt for compact glasses, including a case. Their regular sized

glasses were also comparatively expensive. For my regular sized glasses I orderd them from Zenni,

who has them made in Hong Kong. Price was a mere fraction of the cost of glasses anywhere in Thailand,

and postage from HK was free and no Thai duty. The glasses I received are perfect! If you use Zenni be sure

that you input your prescriptions correctly, or get help from them online. Zenni doesn't offer the kind of

compact glaaes I wanted.

Khun 'Pawn' at First Optic offers compact glasses, either the folding type of non-folding, each with a case.

Unlike any other shop in town, which I'm aware of, First Optic cannot be beat. His non-folding glasses w/ case

are 1,200-Bt to which I added non-glare and UV, so the total was 1,600-Bt. He first verified my Rutnin

prescription before I purchased the glasses.

BTW, I'd previously twiced used Charoen Optical with unsatisfactory results,

Thanks to all who have recommened First Optic!.

Edited by LukDod