Connecting electricity and water supply to vacant land

nitayagirl

Yes, they will connect temporary water and electricity to a building site without a blue book. All that will be needed is a chanote and a building permit. But if the plot is not near the electrical supply or water supply you may have to pay to have it brought to the site

For permanent utilities a blue house book (registration) will be required

• Like 2

Is it possible to have electricity and town water supply connected on vacant land? Thai person building a house next door said you need tabian baan before you can connect utilities. They are using water and electricity for building from another neighbor.

If you have a friendly neighbor who will let you connect it's often cheaper to do it that way. When we built a Sala over one of our pools we did that and paid the bill so our neighbor had free electricity, simple, easy, and cheep at about ฿300 to ฿500 per month.

Talking about costs in relation to connecting water.

Our place is on the edge of town in country side Issan.

The water supply was about 200 metres away on the other side of the road.

Whilst we had neighbours, they were getting their water from neighbours behind them.

We had to pay about 15,000 baht to have the water pipe extended under the road and along the street to our land.

Dont laugh, but in my cases it always worked the same way round.

I put up a shack (for tools etc.) with a roof; a condition for a house registration (Tabien Ban). This shack does not need a construction permit but you can then get an official house registration (the blue book).

Given that you have a building permit you then go and apply for water, electricity and even phone/internet, together with the blue book et voilà, here your utilities come. Advantage is, only once the paper trail and you do not have to pay for (officially) higher utility prices but you also do not have to run after bank guarantees/deposits etc. once you run on a permanent set-up.

• Like 1

I had to build an outside toilet with soak-away cess pit to get a book house, before the electricity company would even look at me.

This was for a small workman's sleeping hut on land far from my house.

It then cost me 15000bt per electricity concrete pylon every 40 meters of road.

Once adjacent to your land you can put in your own wooden pylons and cable, meter, etc.

They'll only connect up once they've checked out your consumer unit, and made sure all your interior cabling is shielded against rat bites.

I was told to take all mine down and pass the cables through yellow or grey plastic piping.

I've looked at many houses in my village and have not seen any protection at all in any of them.

Could this be only a requirement for farangs?

I don't know if only for farangs.

Our cables are all in the coded plastic and in the ceiling where the wires go to the lights etc there is a plastic/metal looking flexible tubing in which the wire go.

I have never looked at other places but thought this was a good idea given the likelihood of rats and other pests prevalent in Thailand.

BTW...I got bats am trying to seal against.

I had to build an outside toilet with soak-away cess pit to get a book house, before the electricity company would even look at me.

Once adjacent to your land you can put in your own wooden pylons and cable, meter, etc.

They'll only connect up once they've checked out your consumer unit, and made sure all your interior cabling is shielded against rat bites.R

I was told to take all mine down and pass the cables through yellow or grey plastic piping.

I've looked at many houses in my village and have not seen any protection at all in any of them.

I was in a (Thai) friend's house this week and the rats/mice had bitten though a wire. The fuse blew and a whole load of food in the refrigerator was spoiled. Apparently the local vermin is net very particular whose wire they nibble on.

R.

They'll only connect up once they've checked out your consumer unit, and made sure all your interior cabling is shielded against rat bites.R

I was in a (Thai) friend's house this week and the rats/mice had bitten though a wire. The fuse blew and a whole load of food in the refrigerator was spoiled. Apparently the local vermin is net very particular whose wire they nibble on.

R.

I think one rat sacrifices itself for the benefit of the colony.

Within a few days a pile of spoiled food will be available after a cable is severed.

• 4 weeks later...