Sad face: Thailand made to wait for iPhone 6

webfact

Why buy on the grey market at inflated prices here, when you can simply order from Singapore or Hong Kong and have it delivered to your door within a couple of days at the recommended retail price.

Because you can't.

Are you sure? I bought iPhone 5 from Singapore late 2012 for a savings of about 1500 baht.

Right now you cannot pre-order as the submit button is grayed out if you try.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Its only a phone ,,,,and with bad reviews as well so why bother .

Bad reviews? How can that be when it has not been released yet. No one will be able to give them an honest review until after Sep 19.

All preliminary reviews I've read have been favourable.

Can't we just order it from Singapore?

There's no point. The price for basic 16 GB iPhone 6 stands at 25,196 baht, which is about what you will pay here, but you will not have the 1 year warranty.

Hong Kong is best price in region at about 23,215 baht.

For the small differences you're better off waiting until it arrives in Thailand.

• Like 1

Getting the phone from another country:

- You need to have US credit card, or a credit card from the country you're ordering in (SG, HK, etc)

- Need to have a local delivery address for that country

- Need to get it sent to Thailand from there

- No local warranty as warranty on iPhone isn't world-wide

I am still getting it, at least I pre-ordered one from the USA, but that's mainly because I broke my iPhone 5. If I hadn't I'd probably wait until the Thai release.

Seems like the 6+ is the one that is supply constrained right now - good for me as I want the 6. The 6+ is bigger than a Samsung Note 3, it's way too big for a phone IMO.

- You need to have US credit card, or a credit card from the country you're ordering in (SG, HK, etc)

I am still getting it, at least I pre-ordered one from the USA, but that's mainly because I broke my iPhone 5. If I hadn't I'd probably wait until the Thai release.

Seems like the 6+ is the one that is supply constrained right now - good for me as I want the 6. The 6+ is bigger than a Samsung Note 3, it's way too big for a phone IMO.

It's not bigger. It's nearly the same. It's a fraction taller, but narrower and thinner - and lighter.

Assuming you are using a Thai SIM card and you are buying the version with the T-Mobile prepaid SIM card, as you sure that the phone is unlocked? Or is it locked to T-Mobile? I have seen a lot of reports stating one way or the other, but nothing conclusive. I have an associate coming over week after next and was thinking of asking him to bring one for me, but I am still not certain it is unlocked.

Assuming you are using a Thai SIM card and you are buying the version with the T-Mobile prepaid SIM card, as you sure that the phone is unlocked? Or is it locked to T-Mobile? I have seen a lot of reports stating one way or the other, but nothing conclusive. I have an associate coming over week after next and was thinking of asking him to bring one for me, but I am still not certain it is unlocked.

If you purchase a full priced version from the Apple Store then the phone is definitely unlocked.

My days of buying locked phones are long gone.

Some of you whiners do realize there are people who work and run business?facepalm.gif

Yes i am waiting to get my hands on one, why? not because it does not make me coffee, but because i need it for business, emails, skype, translator, and many other features.

Why am i going to upgrade to 6? because its faster and has even more useful features i need.

So stop whining,if you do not need a smart phone or if you can not afford one, you really do not need to make silly comments

My 6,000b Android phone does all of that.

Oh and it's a similar shape and size to the iPhone 6 (4.7) so I must be really smart as I saved 16,000 baht!

I'm keeping my note 3

Dawn good phone.

People just want to be apple slaves.

Once you try Android. It's hard to go back to Apple

Bad reviews? How can that be when it has not been released yet. No one will be able to give them an honest review until after Sep 19.

The phones and software are dished out to selected reviewers way before release.

It's not bigger. It's nearly the same. It's a fraction taller, but narrower and thinner - and lighter.

Nice to know the facts come eventually.

The phones and software are dished out to selected reviewers way before release.

Wrong. A number of specs were deliberately left off the specs list (eg RAM).

Reviewers need to have the phone in hand to give proper reviews. Specs don't always tell the whole story. It's hard to compare operating systems and processors based only on the listed specs. Also, one needs to see the 326 ppi (iphone 6) screen next to a 426 ppi (Samsung) to see how they really compare.

Having said that, there are many reasons why people want iPhones. That's why even with only a smaller model (4 inch iPhone 5) they sold 2 out of every 3 high end devices world wide.

I don't know if you're being sarcastic or not, but I have the exact phone sizes cut out and stuck on cardboard so my wife could decide which model she wanted. The Galaxy Note 3 and Samsung S5 are very close approximations for anyone who wants to pick up a real phone to get an idea of the iPhone 6 sizes.

Some of you whiners do realize there are people who work and run business?facepalm.gif

Yes i am waiting to get my hands on one, why? not because it does not make me coffee, but because i need it for business, emails, skype, translator, and many other features.

Why am i going to upgrade to 6? because its faster and has even more useful features i need.

So stop whining,if you do not need a smart phone or if you can not afford one, you really do not need to make silly comments

Oh and it's a similar shape and size to the iPhone 6 (4.7) so I must be really smart as I saved 16,000 baht!

I'm keeping my note 3

Dawn good phone.

This is the problem. There's a lot of anti-Apple advocates running around saying that people are idiots to buy iPhones.

Looking at it realistically, they are both good phones... but unfortunately the Samsung doesn't have the same appeal. I could not get my wife to settle for a Samsung no matter what I told her. I actually tried.

I don't know if you're being sarcastic or not, but I have the exact phone sizes cut out and stuck on cardboard so my wife could decide which model she wanted. The Galaxy Note 3 and Samsung S5 are very close approximations for anyone who wants to pick up a real phone to get an idea of the iPhone 6 sizes.

I wasn't. The guy previously said iPhone is bigger.

When I got my note 3 last year. I was thinking. It's massive. Humongous.

But now after using it it's just about right.

As I need reading glasses now the big screen helps.

Here's a kinda comparison

http://www.gottabemobile.com/2014/09/10/iphone-6-plus-vs-galaxy-note-3-5-things-buyers-need-to-know/

Like the cut out cardboard sizes for wife.

Made me chuckle. But sweet.

Agree, maybe he has never upgraded from 2 tin cans and a string back in his child hood days in 1945

IPhone 6+ . Dimensions158.1 x 77.8 x 7.1 mm (6.22 x 3.06 x 0.28 in)Weight172 g (6.07 oz.

Note 3 . Dimensions151.2 x 79.2 x 8.3 mm (5.95 x 3.12 x 0.33 in)Weight168 g (5.93

It's a bigger phone. Admittedly.

But the screen is 2 inches smaller. Apparently.

I'm keeping my note 3

Dawn good phone.

This is the problem. There's a lot of anti-Apple advocates running around saying that people are idiots to buy iPhones.

Looking at it realistically, they are both good phones... but unfortunately the Samsung doesn't have the same appeal. I could not get my wife to settle for a Samsung no matter what I told her. I actually tried.

My missus still got note 2.

But that will change soon. Already making noises.

There's people saying you can get a imobile phone for 5K.

And it does the same.

That's like somchai in his Isuzu pick up pulling up next to a roller and saying mine does the same has yours and I saved 40 M.

They both get you from A to B.

It's the ride that's important

• Like 1

IPhone 6+ . Dimensions158.1 x 77.8 x 7.1 mm (6.22 x 3.06 x 0.28 in)Weight172 g (6.07 oz.

Note 3 . Dimensions151.2 x 79.2 x 8.3 mm (5.95 x 3.12 x 0.33 in)Weight168 g (5.93

Yep. IPhone is bigger yet with a smaller screen AND still people suggest it's the same size!

" It's not bigger. It's nearly the same"

Edited by casualbiker

As I said, very close. The iPhone 6 is lighter than the Samsung S5 - check out the dimensions and post them here.

IPhone 6. Dimensions138.1 x 67 x 6.9 mm (5.44 x 2.64 x 0.27 in)Weight129 g (4.55 oz)

Motorola Moto X.

129.3 x 65.3 x 10.4 mm (5.09 x 2.57 x 0.41 in)Weight130 g (4.59 oz)

Same size screen on both. ... Because of the curved back, the Motorola Moto X thickness varies from 5.6 to 10.4mm.

Edited by casualbiker

How is it bigger?

It's both narrower and thinner, so the volume would be considerably less. The only reason it's a few grams heavier is that Samsung like using plastic.

The Samsung Galaxy Note's screen is only .2 inches bigger diagonally than the iPhone 6+, which is 0.5cm. You won't notice that at all.

So once again I assert that for all intents and purposes both phones are nearly the same size, but the iPhone will feel better in the hand, guaranteed.

IPhone 6. Dimensions138.1 x 67 x 6.9 mm (5.44 x 2.64 x 0.27 in)Weight129 g (4.55 oz)

Motorola Moto X.

Same size screen on both. ... Because of the curved back, the Motorola Moto X thickness varies from 5.6 to 10.4mm.

I don't think you've quite grasped the significance of thickness. The Motorola is a full 3.5 mm thicker than the iPhone, which will make it feel like a dinosaur by comparison. The current push is for thinness. That's the reason why I told my wife not to get an iPhone 5s as in a year it will feel like a relic, (just as the iPhone 4s now feels like a tank.smile.png) .... when they bring out a thinner, sleeker phone to replace it.

PS. After the Motorola Razor disaster I won't be touching any Moto ever again LOL

Edited by tropo

Motorola Moto X.

I don't think you've quite grasped the significance of thickness. The Motorola is a full 3.5 mm thicker than the iPhone, which will make it feel like a dinosaur by comparison. The current push is for thinness. That's the reason why I told my wife not to get an iPhone 5s as in a year it will feel like a relic, (just as the iPhone 4s now feels like a tank.smile.png) .... when they bring out a thinner, sleeker phone to replace it.
I don't think you have ever grasped a MOTO X it's thin at the sides and curves into you hand. And the X is a 1mm thinner at the edge .. you can delude yourself that the iPhone is the best thing ever.. but the truth is out there. I actually like the look of the new one and the 4.7" has a good form factor. The Moto X had the same in 2013.

PS : it was Razr. And what disaster?

Edited by casualbiker

Motorola Moto X.

I don't think you have ever grasped a MOTO X it's thin at the sides and curves into you hand. And the X is a 1mm thinner at the edge .. you can delude yourself that the iPhone is the best thing ever.. but the truth is out there. I actually like the look of the new one and the 4.7" has a good form factor. The Moto X had the same in 2013.

A Moto is out of the question. I wasted about 17k on one back in 2005. You can't even find them in cellphone shops here, that's how great they are. You can't even find batteries for them. No one even mentions them. I actually thought they'd gone out of business.

I believe the Samsung is also a good phone, but the iPhone is superior in build and quality, as most of the top end buyers also believe. My wife has had the iPhone 5 since it came out 2 years ago and has never experienced a single problem with it over that time and she virtually lives on it. By comparison a friend of hers who bought the Samsung S4 has had a lot of problems and is not happy with it and wishes she had bought the iPhone instead.

Seriously mate, stop deluding yourself. You're going to be in shock when you find out how popular the new iPhone 6's are going to be. They're going to gain a huge market share of buyers who couldn't live with the small 4" iPhone screen.

BTW, I don't have a smart phone. I use an old 2007 Nokia Slide and I'm happy with it LOL. I buy my "deluded" wife the iPhones because that is the only one she wants, and if she is happy I'm happy, There's a market appeal that the other phone manufacturers just can't compete with.

Motorola Moto X.

A Moto is out of the question. I wasted about 17k on one back in 2005. You can't even find them in cellphone shops here, that's how great they are. You can't even find batteries for them. No one even mentions them. I actually thought they'd gone out of business.

I believe the Samsung is also a good phone, but the iPhone is superior in build and quality, as most of the top end buyers also believe. My wife has had the iPhone 5 since it came out 2 years ago and has never experienced a single problem with it over that time and she virtually lives on it. By comparison a friend of hers who bought the Samsung S4 has had a lot of problems and is not happy with it and wishes she had bought the iPhone instead.

Seriously mate, stop deluding yourself. You're going to be in shock when you find out how popular the new iPhone 6's are going to be. They're going to gain a huge market share of buyers who couldn't live with the small 4" iPhone screen.

BTW, I don't have a smart phone. I use an old 2007 Nokia Slide and I'm happy with it LOL. I buy my "deluded" wife the iPhones because that is the only one she wants, and if she is happy I'm happy, There's a market appeal that the other phone manufacturers just can't compete with.

You are comparing 2005 with 2014.. are you serious?

Motorola are currently owned by Google (but a sale is pending to Lenovo)

I agree Samsung are <deleted>. I would NOT buy one. I also agree that the new iPhones will open up the market for Apple.

I used the Moto X as an example of your statement about size. The iPhone 6 and Moto X are very similar phones. And yet the X is smaller. And yes the iPhone 6 is thinner but there are other phones that are as slim.

I agree Samsung are <deleted>. I would NOT buy one. I also agree that the new iPhones will open up the market for Apple.

I used the Moto X as an example of your statement about size. The iPhone 6 and Moto X are very similar phones. And yet the X is smaller. And yes the iPhone 6 is thinner but there are other phones that are as slim.

No, I haven't grasped one as I haven't seen any around to grasp.

If a company serves me an expensive lemon, I'm done with them. There's far too much good competition around for me to give them a 2nd chance.

I should be asking you if you're serious, thinking that ANY Motorola phone is competition for iPhone 6.

It's the tall poppy syndrome. Everyone wants to make wise cracks about Apple products and people buying them because they are at the top of their game. They are up there for a reason and there's a reason no one takes Motorola seriously anymore.

I don't care who buys Motorola, They bought a ship which sank long ago.

Incidentally the very first mobile phone I bought in 1990 was a Motorola. Back those days they were over $2000.

I agree Samsung are . I would NOT buy one. I also agree that the new iPhones will open up the market for Apple.

If a company serves me an expensive lemon, I'm done with them. There's far too much good competition around for me to give them a 2nd chance.

I should be asking you if you're serious, thinking that ANY Motorola phone is competition for iPhone 6.

It's the tall poppy syndrome. Everyone wants to make wise cracks about Apple products and people buying them because they are at the top of their game. They are up there for a reason and there's a reason no one takes Motorola seriously anymore.

Incidentally the very first mobile phone I bought in 1990 was a Motorola. Back those days they were over $2000.

I know I used to sell Mobile phones .. anyway!

You don't like Motorola that's entirely up to you. I used to love Nokia. Now, no way would I buy one. And yes a Moto X (2013) is entirely a contender against the iPhone 6 and in fact the Moto X (2014) is a contender for the iPhone 6+.

http://m.gsmarena.com/motorola_moto_x_(2014)-6649.php

http://m.gsmarena.com/motorola_moto_x-5601.php

http://m.gsmarena.com/apple_iphone_6-6378.php

http://m.gsmarena.com/apple_iphone_6_plus-6665.php

Edited by casualbiker

I agree Samsung are . I would NOT buy one. I also agree that the new iPhones will open up the market for Apple.

I know I used to sell Mobile phones .. anyway!

You don't like Motorola that's entirely up to you. I used to love Nokia. Now, no way would I buy one. And yes a Moto X (2013) is entirely a contender against the iPhone 6 and in fact the Moto X (2014) is a contender for the iPhone 6+.

http://m.gsmarena.com/motorola_moto_x_(2014)-6649.php

http://m.gsmarena.com/motorola_moto_x-5601.php

http://m.gsmarena.com/apple_iphone_6-6378.php

http://m.gsmarena.com/apple_iphone_6_plus-6665.php

There's more to a phone than raw specs, but you're getting ahead of yourself here. Let's wait until some competent reviewers get hold of an iPhone 6 to actually test. On initial raw specs the Samsung still beats iPhone 6, but they need to be tested in the real world to decide which phone is better.

Either way, sales of the new iPhones are probably going to be record breaking for any phone ever sold. There's a lot of "deluded fools" out there, isn't there?