Sad face: Thailand made to wait for iPhone 6

webfact

Sad face: Thailand made to wait for iPhone 6
By Coconuts Bangkok

iphone6.jpg?itok=KLUSFhid

BANGKOK: -- Despite the popularity of Apple products in the kingdom, Thailand was overlooked for the first wave of launches for the latest iPhone models.

Apple confirmed yesterday the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus will be launched on Sept 19 in the US, Australia, Canada, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Japan, Puerto Rico and Singapore.

The release date of the iPhone 6 in Thailand has not yet been confirmed.

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co//2014/09/10/sad-face-thailand-made-wait-iphone-6

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2014-09-10

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Does it make coffee in the morning? It's just a bloody phone

My phone actually recieves and makes calls to people so far away. I don't need one to skype to the person sitting next to me at the coffee shop. Gees I don't even call them we speak face to face. Old ways of communicating I know but it has a personal feeling about it, I can even touch them

Edited by Kooweerup
  • Like 1

Does it make coffee in the morning? It's just a bloody phone

My phone actually recieves and makes calls to people so far away. I don't need one to skype to the person sitting next to me at the coffee shop. Gees I don't even call them we speak face to face. Old ways of communicating I know but it has a personal feeling about it, I can even touch them

Are you really that clueless ... or just too lazy to educate yourself? The iPhone, as well as other smart phones, are small but sophisticated computers that do way way more than make and receive phone calls. Perhaps you dismiss them so easily because you're intimidated by them and are afraid to actually try one ... or fail. Easier to poo poo them than risk something new.

• Like 1

My smart phone's mother board went out 3 days after the warrant expired.

I now carry a 8 year old Nokia cell phone I purchased many years ago and that is all I want and need.

I like having a little more privacy. I carry it in a case designed to stop wi fi and radiation.

I laugh when I pull it out and folks tell me their grandmother has one.

I wonder how many go into debt buying this junk for social standing, to be tracked, watched and have their brains rewired! Many will allow themselves to get a chip injected into them to control the 6, for more nonsense in the near future.

It's remarkable how humans can be manipulated and controlled.

Oh man, that's so annoying and unfair (to any Thai HiSo Shopping Barbie)...

Blame the fools who are writing the Channel 3 soap opera, have grabbed free time for the Asian Games and refuse to pay for the World Cup. The NBTC is 100% completely totally responsible for this iPhone delay. They really are in a class by themselves, no insult really does them justice.

Some of you whiners do realize there are people who work and run business?facepalm.gif

Yes i am waiting to get my hands on one, why? not because it does not make me coffee, but because i need it for business, emails, skype, translator, and many other features.

Why am i going to upgrade to 6? because its faster and has even more useful features i need.

So stop whining,if you do not need a smart phone or if you can not afford one, you really do not need to make silly comments

• Like 1

Some of you whiners do realize there are people who work and run business?facepalm.gif

Yes i am waiting to get my hands on one, why? not because it does not make me coffee, but because i need it for business, emails, skype, translator, and many other features.

Why am i going to upgrade to 6? because its faster and has even more useful features i need.

So stop whining,if you do not need a smart phone or if you can not afford one, you really do not need to make silly comments

My 6,000b Android phone does all of that.

Oh and it's a similar shape and size to the iPhone 6 (4.7) so I must be really smart as I saved 16,000 baht!

• Like 1

I feel really sorry for a lot of the younger Thai's who must have the latest I-phone. Most live in the villages and do not even have internet access. Most buy their expensive trinket on finance too.

In contrast, my Samsung mobile can contact most people I want to speak to, receive calls and even has an alarm clock built in. The battery is usually good for a couple of weeks without a charge too. Okay, it's not a 'smart phone' and it cannot access the internet. Nor can I send lines or play 'cookie run'. But at 700 Baht I think its a snip.

Can't we just order it from Singapore?

as its released? NO

Strangely enough, once its released in Thailand, you actually do order and receive it from Singapore

Why not? I mean preorder starts tomorrow. Do I exactly have to live in Singapore to receive one?

as its released? NO

Strangely enough, once its released in Thailand, you actually do order and receive it from Singapore

Why not? I mean preorder starts tomorrow. Do I exactly have to live in Singapore to receive one?

Yep. I think so. Previous releases were only to area addresses.

as its released? NO

Yep. I think so. Previous releases were only to area addresses.

What makes Singapore so special? Such a small city state.

What if I order it from the US. "Apple.com" Will it be shipped out to Thailand?

Edited by Lammbock

I feel really sorry for a lot of the younger Thai's who must have the latest I-phone. Most live in the villages and do not even have internet access. Most buy their expensive trinket on finance too.

In contrast, my Samsung mobile can contact most people I want to speak to, receive calls and even has an alarm clock built in. The battery is usually good for a couple of weeks without a charge too. Okay, it's not a 'smart phone' and it cannot access the internet. Nor can I send lines or play 'cookie run'. But at 700 Baht I think its a snip.

I dislike smart phones too - all that battery charging rules my wife's life. My UK HTC does totally unpredictable things when I touch the sides and I dislike all phone cameras for anything but staged pictures.

My wife saw the 6 on the news yesterday and I got the "teelak - buy me the new i-phone". I said I would pay half only if she would factor in the sale of her 4 and if she could tell me right then what the 6 did better than the 4. She hasn't spoken to me sincetongue.png

• Like 1

Why buy on the grey market at inflated prices here, when you can simply order from Singapore or Hong Kong and have it delivered to your door within a couple of days at the recommended retail price.

I'd like to know how you can buy it from Hong Kong if you're in Thailand and have it delivered to an address in Thailand.

Did you just make that up?