Passenger gets away with fake gun on Chiang Mai-Bangkok flight

webfact

Passenger gets away with fake gun on flight

BANGKOK: -- Chiang Mai International Airport has launched an investigation into reports that a passenger managed to board a flight with a fake gun inside his bag.

The passenger, flying from Chiang Mai to Bangkok, took a photograph posing with the fake gun while onboard the flight and later posted it on social media. The image spread like wildfire, raising questions about the level of security at Chiang Mai International Airport.

"We have launched an investigation into the incident and must find out if this fake gun was really taken onboard a flight from our airport," airport director Lakchai Chaloeiprat said Wednesday.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/Passenger-gets-away-with-fake-gun-on-flight-30242970.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-09-10

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

fake gun

What exactly is a fake gun?

I know BB guns that are exact replicas of authentic weapons. But since BB guns are by their very nature, capable of firing ammunition, what defines a fake gun. In some countries BB guns or Airsoft weapons have an orange tip on the barrel. The article doesn't indicate what kind of weapon and no doubt there will be a full inquiry into how the idiot managed to smuggle it on board.

• Like 1

Sorry to say this ( I'm saying that as I know I will have comeback from dogooding tripe ) But this idiot could have caused a mass panic and in this day and age its not allowed, he should be charged as if it was real. And shame on CM airport for letting him through plastic or not, a discrase in my mind !

What is the point of having security? To smile and say Sawasdee? They are there to STOP this type of thing. Imagine if it was a Muslim kid with his Muslim parents on board? There would be massive panic with everything in the news at present!

This fool needs to do a few months behind bars. he is NOT oblivious to the news either!

• Like 1

'The passenger, flying from Chiang Mai to Bangkok, took a photograph posing with the fake gun while onboard the flight and later posted it on social media.'

I was thinking it was going to be one of them stupid selfies, holding the gun up and smiling for the camera but it was a little more discreet, all very wrong nevertheless

post-62796-0-86138300-1410361105_thumb.j

Report of fake gun on flight probed
THE NATION

30243001-01_big.jpg

CHIANG MAI International Airport has launched an investigation into reports that a passenger managed to board a flight with a fake gun inside his bag.

The passenger, flying from Chiang Mai to Bangkok, took a photograph posing with the fake gun while on board the flight and later posted it on social media. The image spread like wildfire, raising questions about the level of security at Chiang Mai airport.

"We have launched an investigation into the incident and must find out if this fake gun was really taken on board a flight from our airport," airport director Lakchai Chaloeiprat said yesterday.

He also vowed to improve security measures if the incident proves to be true. He also warned passengers against bringing fake weapons with them on a flight.

"Such acts are a violation under the Air Transport Act," he said.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/Report-of-fake-gun-on-flight-probed-30243001.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-09-11

Nor CM airport I know but the last time I exited Suvarnabhumi the bloke operating the x-ray scanner for hand luggage was too busy playing grab arse with his female colleague to even bother looking at the screen as my stuff went through.

Edited by mca

Watching Channel 3 today (11 Sep) the chap with the fake gun appears to have put the gun through the scanner and when walking through the electronic arch takes the gun out of his pocket. So maybe guys it's not his fault but that of the so-called security employees at CNX airport. A note of caution: my Thai is not that good and I am commenting from the pics on the TV. But my question is was this a put up job cos channel 3 appear to be present. Perhaps someone could explain what actually happened.

I know that security is lacking at this airport because my wife unknowingly carried a medium sized pair of scissors on a flight to Bangkok and we only realised it when we unpacked our carry-on bags in Bangkok. Not to be recommended!

If this is a plastic replica, or a cheap air-soft gun (99% plastic) it would be very easy to smuggle it on-board. Simply place it in a large pocket or tuck it in your waist band before going through the metal detectors. Since there's no metal to detect, nothing will go off.

• Like 1

once while coming thru the initial security checkpoint at the cm airport i tried to get the attention of the staff because i was not sure what the procedure was. where was i supposed to put my bag? nobody paid any attention to me. in fact the two working security was a guy and a girl. he was engaged in conversation with her as if he could not be bothered with doing his job and was riding on top of someones luggage on the very small conveyer as it came out of the security detection machine. i just walked thru with my bag and no one said a word. note: this was shortly after 9/11.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

dick heads like this make air travel more invasive and difficult for all ..I hope he gets prison time as it was obviously pre-meditated to show he could post a selfie doing so ...A1 Pratt

There's also the possibility that this passengers takes regular CM - Bangkok flights, like many others, and is concerned at the lack of security.

1. I do the same flight often 3 or 4 times a month. Security is a joke, the staff are more concerned about talking with their work buddies than serious attention to their work, plus they are rude.

2. On most airlines the check of boarding pass against ID card or passport is also a joke. I've seen many passengers query why the boarding pass / ID etc check is not being done properly. There are just shrugs or mai phen rai and ignore the querying passenger, or ' too busy' and one supervisor said 'it's not necessary, it was checked at the check-in counter', one passengers responded by saying 'but I checked-in at your booth not at the check-in counter, the booth cannot check my photo'. Response after some thinking by the gate check-in girl 'ohh then it's your own responsibility to check your photo'.

At CM airport they also regularly leave the big double doors to the glass enclosed corridor open (the corridor for departing / arriving passengers which goes the whole length of the whole airport) and anybody can just wander through and enter the air-bridges to the actual aircraft.

Total joke.

• Like 2

well, if it's a fake gun, where is the problem. It just shows that it works, there's no problem when you don't bring a real gun.

have this daredevil do the same thing with a real gun in metal with bullets and then I'll worry. So far it seems that the security doesn't forbid plastic toys on board... it's working.

• Like 1

dick heads like this make air travel more invasive and difficult for all ..I hope he gets prison time as it was obviously pre-meditated to show he could post a selfie doing so ...A1 Pratt

Whats wrong with you people like this do us a service and now CM security will be upgraded what if a muzzie terrorist got a real gun onboard

WELL DONE TO THE PERSON THAT DONE this you should get a medal not time.

Yes, cos we all want to be like the fear filled Americans and get strip searched by soldiers with sub machine guns.